Cost accounting models used for price-setting of health services: An international review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vogl, Matthias, 2014. "Hospital financing: Calculating inpatient capital costs in Germany with a comparative view on operating costs and the English costing scheme," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 141-151.
- Michael K. Chapko & Chuan‐Fen Liu & Mark Perkins & Yu‐Fang Li & John C. Fortney & Matthew L. Maciejewski, 2009. "Equivalence of two healthcare costing methods: bottom‐up and top‐down," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(10), pages 1188-1201, October.
- David Epstein & Anne Mason, 2006. "Costs and prices for inpatient care in England: Mirror twins or distant cousins?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 233-242, August.
- Stefan Felder, 2009. "The variance of length of stay and the optimal DRG outlier payments," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 279-289, September.
- Martine Bellanger & Laurent Tardif, 2006. "Accounting and reimbursement schemes for inpatient care in France," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 295-305, August.
- Sarah Wordsworth & Anne Ludbrook & Fergus Caskey & Alison Macleod, 2005. "Collecting unit cost data in multicentre studies," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 6(1), pages 38-44, March.
- Aggie Paulus & Arno van Raak & Femke Keijzer, 2002. "Core Articles: ABC: The Pathway to Comparison of the Costs of Integrated Care," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 25-32, July.
- Aggie Paulus, 2002. "ABC: The Pathway to Comparison of the Costs of Integrated Care," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 22(3), pages 25-32, July.
- Kirsi Vitikainen & Miika Linna & Andrew Street, 2010. "Substituting inpatient for outpatient care: what is the impact on hospital costs and efficiency?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(4), pages 395-404, August.
- Jonas Schreyögg & Tom Stargardt & Oliver Tiemann & Reinhard Busse, 2006. "Methods to determine reimbursement rates for diagnosis related groups (DRG): A comparison of nine European countries," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 215-223, August.
- Eldenburg, Leslie & Kallapur, Sanjay, 1997. "Changes in hospital service mix and cost allocations in response to changes in Medicare reimbursement schemes," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 31-51, May.
- Jonas Schreyögg & Oliver Tiemann & Reinhard Busse, 2006. "Cost accounting to determine prices: How well do prices reflect costs in the German DRG-system?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 269-279, August.
- Jackson, Terri, 2001. "Using computerised patient-level costing data for setting DRG weights: the Victorian (Australia) cost weight studies," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 149-163, May.
- O'Reilly, Jacqueline & Busse, Reinhard & HÃ¤kkinen, Unto & Or, Zeynep & Street, Andrew & Wiley, Miriam, 2012. "Paying for hospital care: the experience with implementing activity-based funding in five European countries," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 73-101, January.
- Leemore S. Dafny, 2005. "How Do Hospitals Respond to Price Changes?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1525-1547, December.
- J. Oostenbrink & F. Rutten, 2006. "Cost assessment and price setting of inpatient care in the Netherlands. The DBC case-mix system," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 287-294, August.
- Peter Gaal & Nóra Stefka & Júlia Nagy, 2006. "Cost accounting methodologies in price setting of acute inpatient services in Hungary," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 243-250, August.
- Anne Mason & Maria Goddard, 2009. "Payment by results in mental health: A review of the international literature and an economic assessment of the approach in the English NHS," Working Papers 050cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Vogl, Matthias, 2013. "Improving patient-level costing in the English and the German ‘DRG’ system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 290-300.
- Anni Ankjær-Jensen & Pernille Rosling & Lone Bilde, 2006. "Variable prospective financing in the Danish hospital sector and the development of a Danish case-mix system," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 259-268, August.
- Leister, Jan Eric & Stausberg, Jurgen, 2005. "Comparison of cost accounting methods from different DRG systems and their effect on health care quality," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 46-55, September.
- Waters, Hugh R. & Hussey, Peter, 2004. "Pricing health services for purchasers--a review of methods and experiences," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 175-184, November.
- Reinhard Busse & Jonas Schreyögg & Peter Smith, 2006. "Editorial: Hospital case payment systems in Europe," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 211-213, August.
- Giovanni Fattore & Aleksandra Torbica, 2006. "Inpatient reimbursement system in Italy: How do tariffs relate to costs?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 251-258, August.
- S. Tan & F. Rutten & B. Ineveld & W. Redekop & L. Hakkaart-van Roijen, 2009. "Comparing methodologies for the cost estimation of hospital services," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(1), pages 39-45, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdelbaste Hrifach & Coralie Brault & Sandrine Couray-Targe & Lionel Badet & Pascale Guerre & Christell Ganne & Hassan Serrier & Vanessa Labeye & Pierre Farge & Cyrille Colin, 2016. "Mixed method versus full top-down microcosting for organ recovery cost assessment in a French hospital group," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-7, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCost accounting; Cost-based pricing; Health services; Microcosting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:118:y:2014:i:3:p:341-353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.