Rendering hospital budgets volume based and open ended to reduce waiting lists: Does it work?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martine Bellanger & Laurent Tardif, 2006. "Accounting and reimbursement schemes for inpatient care in France," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 295-305, August.
- McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Physician agency," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 461-536 Elsevier.
- Stoop, Arjen P. & Vrangbaek, Karsten & Berg, Marc, 2005. "Theory and practice of waiting time data as a performance indicator in health care: A case study from The Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 41-51, July.
- Mikkola, Hennamari & Keskimaki, Ilmo & Hakkinen, Unto, 2002. "DRG-related prices applied in a public health care system--can Finland learn from Norway and Sweden?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Sofia Dimakou & David Parkin & Nancy Devlin & John Appleby, 2009. "Identifying the impact of government targets on waiting times in the NHS," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-10, March.
- J. Oostenbrink & F. Rutten, 2006. "Cost assessment and price setting of inpatient care in the Netherlands. The DBC case-mix system," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 287-294, August.
- Siciliani, Luigi & Hurst, Jeremy, 2005. "Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 201-215, May.
- Iversen, Tor, 1993. "A theory of hospital waiting lists," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-71, April.
- Davis, Carolyne K. & Rhodes, Deborah J., 1988. "The impact of DRGs on the cost and quality of health care in the United States," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 117-131, April.
- Duckett, Stephen J., 1995. "Hospital payment arrangements to encourage efficiency: the case of Victoria, Australia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 113-134, November.
- Reinhard Busse & Jonas Schreyögg & Peter Smith, 2006. "Editorial: Hospital case payment systems in Europe," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 211-213, August.
- Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen, 1996. "Are waiting lists inevitable?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Hanning, Marianne & Spangberg, Ulrika Winblad, 2000. "Maximum waiting time -- a threat to clinical freedom?: Implementation of a policy to reduce waiting times," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 15-32, May.
- Kroneman, Madelon & Nagy, Julia, 2001. "Introducing DRG-based financing in Hungary: a study into the relationship between supply of hospital beds and use of these beds under changing institutional circumstances," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 19-36, January.
- Cullis, John G. & Jones, Philip R. & Propper, Carol, 2000. "Waiting lists and medical treatment: Analysis and policies," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 23, pages 1201-1249 Elsevier.
- Sicilani Luigi & Jeremy Hurst, 2005. "Explaining Waiting-time Variations for Elective Surgery Across OECD Countries," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2004(1), pages 95-123.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wong, Albert & Wouterse, Bram & Slobbe, Laurentius C.J. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Polder, Johan J., 2012. "Medical innovation and age-specific trends in health care utilization: Findings and implications," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 263-272.
- de Meijer, Claudine & O’Donnell, Owen & Koopmanschap, Marc & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2013.
"Health expenditure growth: Looking beyond the average through decomposition of the full distribution,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 88-105.
- Claudine de Meijer & Marc Koopmanschap & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2012. "Health Expenditure Growth: Looking beyond the Average through Decomposition of the Full Distribution," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-051/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rudy Douven & Remco Mocking & Ilaria Mosca, 2015. "The effect of physician remuneration on regional variation in hospital treatments," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 215-240, June.
- Boone, Jan & Douven, Rudy, 2014.
"Provider competition and over-utilization in health care,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J. & Douven, R.C.M.H., 2014. "Provider Competition and Over-Utilization in Health Care," Discussion Paper 2014-055, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Boone & Rudy Douven, 2014. "Provider competition and over-utilization in health care," CPB Discussion Paper 275, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Rudy Douven & Remco Mocking & Ilaria Mosca, 2012. "The Effect of Physician Fees and Density Differences on Regional Variation in Hospital Treatments," CPB Discussion Paper 208, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2013. "Tackling hospital waiting times: The impact of past and current policies in the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 127-133.
More about this item
KeywordsHospital Admissions Case mix Reimbursement mechanisms Payment systems Waiting lists;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:100:y:2011:i:1:p:60-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.