Provider competition and over-utilization in health care
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Boone, J. & Douven, R.C.M.H., 2014. "Provider Competition and Over-Utilization in Health Care," Discussion Paper 2014-055, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boone, Jan & Douven, Rudy, 2014. "Provider competition and over-utilization in health care," CEPR Discussion Papers 10177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amitabh Chandra & Douglas O. Staiger, 2007. "Productivity Spillovers in Health Care: Evidence from the Treatment of Heart Attacks," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 103-140.
- Erik Schut & Stéphane Sorbe & Jens Høj, 2013. "Health Care Reform and Long-Term Care in the Netherlands," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1010, OECD Publishing.
- Mougeot, Michel & Naegelen, Florence, 2005.
"Hospital price regulation and expenditure cap policy,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 55-72, January.
- Michel Mougeot & Florence Naegelen, 2005. "Hospital Price Regulation and Expenditure Cap Policy," Post-Print hal-00448979, HAL.
- Michel Mougeot & Florence Naegelen, 2005. "Hospital price regulation and expenditure cap policy," Post-Print hal-00448922, HAL.
- Amitabh Chandra & Jonathan Skinner, 2012.
"Technology Growth and Expenditure Growth in Health Care,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 50(3), pages 645-680, September.
- Amitabh Chandra & Jonathan S. Skinner, 2011. "Technology Growth and Expenditure Growth in Health Care," NBER Working Papers 16953, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson & William B. Vogt, 2000.
"Are Invisible Hands Good Hands? Moral Hazard, Competition, and the Second-Best in Health Care Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 992-1005, October.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson & William B. Vogt, 1998. "Are Invisible Hands Good Hands? Moral Hazard, Competition, and the Second Best in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 6865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Palfrey, Thomas R & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1991. "Nash Implementation Using Undominated Strategies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 479-501, March.
- Boone, J. & Schottmuller, C., 2015.
"Health Provider Networks, Quality and Costs,"
2015-005, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boone, J. & Schottmuller, C., 2015. "Health Provider Networks, Quality and Costs," Discussion Paper 2015-003, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, Jan & Schottmüller, Christoph, 2015. "Health provider networks, quality and costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 10381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Boone & Christoph Schottmüller, 2015. "Health provider networks, quality and costs," Discussion Papers 15-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Marie Allard & Pierre Thomas Léger & Lise Rochaix, 2009. "Provider Competition in a Dynamic Setting," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 457-486, June.
- van de Vijsel, Aart R. & Engelfriet, Peter M. & Westert, Gert P., 2011. "Rendering hospital budgets volume based and open ended to reduce waiting lists: Does it work?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 60-70, April.
- Jeffrey Clemens & Joshua D. Gottlieb, 2014.
"Do Physicians' Financial Incentives Affect Medical Treatment and Patient Health?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(4), pages 1320-1349, April.
- Jeffrey Clemens & Joshua D. Gottlieb, 2012. "Do Physicians' Financial Incentives Affect Medical Treatment and Patient Health?," Discussion Papers 11-017, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- David Cutler, 2006. "The Economics of Health System Payment," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M, 1998.
"Contracting for Health Services with Unmonitored Quality,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1093-1110, July.
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1995. "Contracting for health services with unmonitored quality," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9510, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Eric Maskin, 1999.
"Nash Equilibrium and Welfare Optimality,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 23-38.
- Eric Maskin, 1998. "Nash Equilibrium and Welfare Optimality," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1829, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Pope, Devin G., 2009. "Reacting to rankings: Evidence from "America's Best Hospitals"," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1154-1165, December.
- Giuffrida, Antonio & Gravelle, Hugh, 2001. "Inducing or restraining demand: the market for night visits in primary care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 755-779, September.
- Dranove, David & Shanley, Mark & White, William D, 1993. "Price and Concentration in Hospital Markets: The Switch from Patient-Driven to Payer-Driven Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 179-204, April.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2013. "Tackling hospital waiting times: The impact of past and current policies in the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 127-133.
More about this item
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2014-05-04 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2014-05-04 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HEA-2014-05-04 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpb:discus:275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpbgvnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.