Are waiting lists inevitable?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cullis, John G. & Jones, Philip R., 1985. "National health service waiting lists : A discussion of competing explanations and a policy proposal," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 119-135, June.
- Ruth Hart, 1992. "In-Patient Waiting Lists: The Need For Data In Australia," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 11(2), pages 76-86, June.
- Karen Bloor & Alan Maynard, 1993. "Expenditure on the NHS during and after the Thatcher years: its growth and utilisation," Working Papers 113chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Iversen, Tor, 1993. "A theory of hospital waiting lists," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-71, April.
- Lindsay, Cotton M & Feigenbaum, Bernard, 1984. "Rationing by Waiting Lists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 404-417, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Rosete-Rivero, Mayte, 2017.
"Spanish public hospital waiting lists: A theoretical and empirical approach,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 11, pages 1-21.
- Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Rosete-Rivero, Mayte, 2017. "Spanish public hospital waiting lists: A theoretical and empirical approach," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-25, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Propper, Carol & Croxson, Bronwyn & Shearer, Arran, 2002.
"Waiting times for hospital admissions: the impact of GP fundholding,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 227-252, March.
- Croxson, Bronwyn & Propper, Carol & Shearer, Arran, 2000. "Waiting Times for Hospital Admissions: the Impact of GP Fundholding," CEPR Discussion Papers 2489, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jason Sutherland & R. T. Crump & Nadya Repin & Erik Hellsten, 2013. "Paying for Hospital Services: A Hard Look at the Options," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 378, April.
- Farnworth, Michael G., 2003. "A game theoretic model of the relationship between prices and waiting times," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 47-60, January.
- van de Vijsel, Aart R. & Engelfriet, Peter M. & Westert, Gert P., 2011. "Rendering hospital budgets volume based and open ended to reduce waiting lists: Does it work?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 60-70, April.
- Manel Antelo & Francisco Reyes Santias & Adela Martinez Calvo, 2015. "Bed capacity and surgical waiting lists: a simulation analysis," European Journal of Government and Economics, Europa Grande, vol. 4(2), pages 118-133, December.
- Alexandre Marinho, 2004. "Um Estudo Sobre as Filas Para Internações e Para Transplantes no Sistema Único de Saúde Brasileiro," Discussion Papers 1055, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Anurag Sharma, 2009. "Inter-DRG resource dynamics in a prospective payment system: a stochastic kernel approach," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 38-55, March.
- Andrew Street & Kirsi Vitikainen & Afsaneh Bjorvatn & Anne Hvenegaard, 2007. "Introducing activity-based financing: a review of experience in Australia, Denmark, Norway and Sweden," Working Papers 030cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:267:y:2018:i:1:p:338-348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cots, Francesc & Elvira, David & Castells, Xavier & Dalmau, Eulalia, 2000. "Medicare's DRG-weights in a European environment: the Spanish experience," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 31-47, February.
- repec:ohe:monogr:000425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Linnala, Aarno & Aromaa, Arpo & Mattila, Kari, 2006. "Specialist consultations in primary health care--A possible substitute for hospital care?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-100, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:36:y:1996:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.