National health service waiting lists : A discussion of competing explanations and a policy proposal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Grossman & Steven Jacobowitz, 1981. "Variations in infant mortality rates among counties of the United States: The roles of public policies and programs," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 18(4), pages 695-713, November.
- Michael Grossman & Steven Jacobowitz, 1981. "Variations in Infant Mortality Rates among Counties in the United States: The Roles of Social Policies and Programs," NBER Working Papers 0615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fred Goldman & Michael Grossman, 1988.
"The Impact of Public Health Policy: The Case of Community Health Centers,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 63-72, Jan-Mar.
- Fred Goldman & Michael Grossman, 1982. "The Impact of Public Health Policy: The Case of Community Health Centers," NBER Working Papers 1020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paula González, 2005. "On a policy of transferring public patients to private practice," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 513-527.
- Rosa Rodríguez-Monguió & Fernando Villar, 2006. "Healthcare Rationing in Spain," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 24(6), pages 537-548, June.
- Atella, Vincenzo & Deb, Partha, 2008. "Are primary care physicians, public and private sector specialists substitutes or complements? Evidence from a simultaneous equations model for count data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 770-785, May.
- Hoel,M. & Soether,E.M., 2000.
"Private health care as a supplement to a public health system with waiting time for treatment,"
41/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Hoel, Michael & Sæther, Erik Magnus, 2009. "Private health care as a supplement to a public health system with waiting time for treatment," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2000:9, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Obrizan, Maksym, 2017. "Does EU membership prevent crowding out of public health care? Evidence from 28 transition countries," MPRA Paper 81708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hoel, Michael & Saether, Erik Magnus, 2003.
"Public health care with waiting time: the role of supplementary private health care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 599-616, July.
- Michael Hoel & Erik Magnus SÃ¦ther, 2001. "Public Health Care with Waiting Time: The Role of Supplementary Private Health Care," CESifo Working Paper Series 562, CESifo Group Munich.
- Iversen, Tor, 1997. "The effect of a private sector on the waiting time in a national health service," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 381-396, August.
- Akbar Marvasti, 2006. "A Contingent Valuation of Customer Delay in Medical Services," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 31-45, Winter.
- Silviya Nikolova & Arthur Sinko & Matt Sutton, 2015. "Do maximum waiting time guarantees change clinical priorities for elective treatment? Evidence from Scotland," Working Papers 1501, Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds.
- Silviya Nikolova; & Arthur Sinko; & Matt Sutton;, 2012. "Do maximum waiting times guarantees change clinical priorities? A Conditional Density Estimation approach," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Soderqvist, Tore, 1998.
"Time spent on waiting lists for medical care: an insurance approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 627-644, October.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Söderqvist, Tore, 1997. "Time Spent on Waiting Lists for Medical Care: An Insurance Approach," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 192, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen, 1996. "Are waiting lists inevitable?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Qian, Qu & Zhuang, Weifen, 2017. "Tax/subsidy and capacity decisions in a two-tier health system with welfare redistributive objective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(1), pages 140-151.
- Hanning, Marianne, 1996. "Maximum waiting-time guarantee -- an attempt to reduce waiting lists in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 17-35, April.
- Nikolova, Silviya & Sinko, Arthur & Sutton, Matt, 2015. "Do maximum waiting times guarantees change clinical priorities for elective treatment? Evidence from Scotland," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 72-88.
- Socha, Karolina Z. & Bech, Mickael, 2011. "Physician dual practice: A review of literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 1-7, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:4:y:1985:i:2:p:119-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .