Does EU membership prevent crowding out of public health care? Evidence from 28 transition countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gotsadze, George & Zoidze, Akaki & Vasadze, Otar, 2005. "Reform strategies in Georgia and their impact on health care provision in rural areas: evidence from a household survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 809-821, February.
- Hoel, Michael & Saether, Erik Magnus, 2003.
"Public health care with waiting time: the role of supplementary private health care,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 599-616, July.
- Michael Hoel & Erik Magnus Sæther, 2001. "Public Health Care with Waiting Time: The Role of Supplementary Private Health Care," CESifo Working Paper Series 562, CESifo.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2009.
"(Un)happiness in Transition,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 143-168, Spring.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," Working Papers w0111, New Economic School (NES).
- Guriev, Sergei & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2009. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 7258, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2009. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7fst0pcf5j8, Sciences Po.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," Working Papers w0111, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Pedro Pita Barros & Pau Olivella, 2005.
"Waiting Lists and Patient Selection,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 623-646, September.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Pau Olivella, "undated". "Waiting Lists And Patient Selection," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 444.99, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Pau Olivella Cunill & Pedro Pita Barros, 2000. "Waiting Lists and Patient Selection," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0283, Econometric Society.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita, 2000. "Waiting Lists and Patient Selection," CEPR Discussion Papers 2519, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roman Mogilevsky, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Public Health Expenditures in the Economies of the Former Soviet Union," CASE Network E-briefs 09, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Kutzin, Joseph & Jakab, Melitta & Cashin, Cheryl, 2010. "Lessons from health financing reform in central and eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 135-147, April.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Moreno-Serra, Rodrigo, 2009. "Europe and central Asia's great post-communist social health insurance experiment: Aggregate impacts on health sector outcomes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 322-340, March.
- Yevgeniy Goryakin & Lorenzo Rocco & Marc Suhrcke & Bayard Roberts & Martin McKee, 2014. "The effect of health on labour supply in nine former Soviet Union countries," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(1), pages 57-68, January.
- Cristian Pardo & Whitney Schott, 2012. "Public versus private: evidence on health insurance selection," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 39-61, March.
- Stiglitz, J. E., 1974. "The demand for education in public and private school systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 349-385, November.
- Buckley, Neil J. & Cuff, Katherine & Hurley, Jeremiah & McLeod, Logan & Mestelman, Stuart & Cameron, David, 2012.
"An experimental investigation of mixed systems of public and private health care finance,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 713-729.
- Neil J. Buckley & Katherine Cuff & Jeremiah Hurley & Logan McLeod & Stuart Mestelman & David Cameron, 2012. "An Experimental Investigation of Mixed Systems of Public and Private Health Care Finance," Department of Economics Working Papers 2012-02, McMaster University.
- Pauline Grosjean, 2014.
"Conflict and Social and Political Preferences: Evidence from World War II and Civil Conflict in 35 European Countries,"
Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(3), pages 424-451, September.
- Pauline Grosjean, 2013. "Conflict and Social and Political Preferences: Evidence from World War II and Civil Conflict in 35 European countries," Discussion Papers 2013-29, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Djankov, Simeon & Nikolova, Elena & Zilinsky, Jan, 2016. "The happiness gap in Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 108-124.
- Coupe, Tom & Obrizan, Maksym, 2016.
"The impact of war on happiness: The case of Ukraine,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PA), pages 228-242.
- Tom Coupé & Maksym Obrizan, 2016. "The Impact of War on Happiness: the Case of Ukraine," Working Papers in Economics 16/20, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Tom Coupe & Maksym Obrizan, 2016. "The Impact of War on Happiness: the Case of Ukraine," Discussion Papers 58, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Alexander Chubrik & Roman Mogilevsky & Irina Sinitsina & Marek Dabrowski, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Public Expenditures on Education and Health in the Economies of the Former Soviet Union," CASE Network Reports 0100, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Cullis, John G. & Jones, Philip R., 1985. "National health service waiting lists : A discussion of competing explanations and a policy proposal," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 119-135, June.
- Jofre-Bonet, Mireia, 2000. "Health care: private and/or public provision," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 469-489, September.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Lars Sørgard, 2007.
"Public versus private health care in a national health service,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 579-601, June.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Lars Sørgard, 2006. "Public versus Private Health Care in a National Health Service," CESifo Working Paper Series 1679, CESifo.
- Cojocaru, Alexandru, 2014. "Prospects of upward mobility and preferences for redistribution: Evidence from the Life in Transition Survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 300-314.
More about this item
Keywordspublic-private health care; mixed financing; transition countries; difference-in-difference;
- H44 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Goods: Mixed Markets
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2017-10-08 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HEA-2017-10-08 (Health Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2017-10-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:81708. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.