Inter-DRG resource dynamics in a prospective payment system: a stochastic kernel approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1996.
"Hospital response to prospective payment: Moral hazard, selection, and practice-style effects,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 257-277.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1994. "Hospital Response to Prospective Payment: Moral Hazard, Selection, and Practice-Style Effects," Papers 0050, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Pagan,Adrian & Ullah,Aman, 1999. "Nonparametric Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521355643, December.
- Norton, Edward C., 1992. "Incentive regulation of nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 105-128, August.
- Edward C. Norton & Courtney Harold Van Houtven & Richard C. Lindrooth & Sharon-Lise T. Normand & Barbara Dickey, 2002. "Does prospective payment reduce inpatient length of stay?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 377-387.
- Quah, Danny, 1997. "Empirics for Growth and Distribution: Stratification, Polarization, and Convergence Clubs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Newhouse, Joseph P., 1983. "Two prospective difficulties with prospective payment of hospitals, or, it's better to be a resident than a patient with a complex problem," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 269-274, December.
- Bruce A. Craig & Peter P. Sendi, 2002. "Estimation of the transition matrix of a discrete-time Markov chain," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 33-42.
- Jacobs,Rowena & Smith,Peter C. & Street,Andrew, 2006. "Measuring Efficiency in Health Care," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521851442, December.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 2004. "Pricing the Priceless: A Health Care Conundrum," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262640589, January.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1993. "Supply-Side and Demand-Side Cost Sharing in Health Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 135-151, Fall.
- Iversen, Tor, 1993. "A theory of hospital waiting lists," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-71, April.
- Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen, 1996. "Are waiting lists inevitable?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Selden, Thomas M., 1990. "A model of capitation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 397-409, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gartner, Daniel & Kolisch, Rainer, 2014. "Scheduling the hospital-wide flow of elective patients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 689-699.
- Matthias Vogl, 2012. "Assessing DRG cost accounting with respect to resource allocation and tariff calculation: the case of Germany," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Baxter, Pamela E. & Hewko, Sarah J. & Pfaff, Kathryn A. & Cleghorn, Laura & Cunningham, Barbara J. & Elston, Dawn & Cummings, Greta G., 2015. "Leaders’ experiences and perceptions implementing activity-based funding and pay-for-performance hospital funding models: A systematic review," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(8), pages 1096-1110.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic kernel; Hospital resource allocation; Prospective payment system; Length of stay; Waiting time; Quality of care;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:hcarem:v:12:y:2009:i:1:p:38-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.