A game theoretic model of the relationship between prices and waiting times
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lindsay, Cotton M & Feigenbaum, Bernard, 1984. "Rationing by Waiting Lists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 404-417, June.
- Bishai, David M. & Lang, Hui Chu, 2000. "The willingness to pay for wait reduction: the disutility of queues for cataract surgery in Canada, Denmark, and Spain," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 219-230, March.
- Martin, Stephen & Smith, Peter C., 1999. "Rationing by waiting lists: an empirical investigation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 141-164, January.
- Besley, Timothy & Hall, John & Preston, Ian, 1999.
"The demand for private health insurance: do waiting lists matter?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 155-181, May.
- Tim Besley & John Hall & Ian Preston, 1996. "The demand for private health insurance: do waiting lists matter?," IFS Working Papers W96/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Iversen, Tor, 1997. "The effect of a private sector on the waiting time in a national health service," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 381-396, August.
- Hanning, Marianne & Spangberg, Ulrika Winblad, 2000. "Maximum waiting time -- a threat to clinical freedom?: Implementation of a policy to reduce waiting times," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 15-32, May.
- J.A. Goddard & M. Tavakoli, 1998. "Referral rates and waiting lists: some empirical evidence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 545-549.
- Propper, Carol & Croxson, Bronwyn & Shearer, Arran, 2002.
"Waiting times for hospital admissions: the impact of GP fundholding,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 227-252, March.
- Croxson, Bronwyn & Propper, Carol & Shearer, Arran, 2000. "Waiting Times for Hospital Admissions: the Impact of GP Fundholding," CEPR Discussion Papers 2489, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hamilton, Barton H & Bramley-Harker, Robert Edward, 1999. "The Impact of the NHS Reforms on Queues and Surgical Outcomes in England: Evidence from Hip Fracture Patients," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(457), pages 437-462, July.
- Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen, 1996. "Are waiting lists inevitable?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Iversen, Tor, 1993. "A theory of hospital waiting lists," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-71, April.
- Hanning, Marianne, 1996. "Maximum waiting-time guarantee -- an attempt to reduce waiting lists in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 17-35, April.
- Dunn, Elaine & Black, Charlyn & Alonso, Jordi & Norregaard, Jens Christian & Anderson, Gerard F., 1997. "Patients' acceptance of waiting for cataract surgery: What makes a wait too long?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1603-1610, June.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Söderqvist, Tore, 1997.
"Time Spent on Waiting Lists for Medical Care: An Insurance Approach,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
192, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Soderqvist, Tore, 1998. "Time spent on waiting lists for medical care: an insurance approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 627-644, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:22:y:2003:i:1:p:47-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.