Variable prospective financing in the Danish hospital sector and the development of a Danish case-mix system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Biorn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2002.
"The Effect of Activity-Based Financing on Hospital Efficiency: A Panel Data Analysis of DEA Efficiency Scores 1992-2000,"
8099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biørn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "The effect of activity-based financing on hospital efficiency: A panel data analysis of DEA efficiency scores 1992-2000," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2002:8, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Jegers, Marc & Kesteloot, Katrien & De Graeve, Diana & Gilles, Willem, 2002. "A typology for provider payment systems in health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 255-273, June.
- Magnussen, Jon & Solstad, Kjell, 1994. "Case-based hospital financing: the case of Norway," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 23-36, March.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003.
"Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience,"
OECD Health Working Papers
9, OECD Publishing.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003. "Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 374, OECD Publishing.
- Kjeld Møller Pedersen & Terkel Christiansen & Mickael Bech, 2005. "The Danish health care system: evolution - not revolution - in a decentralized system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 41-57.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:porgrv:v:17:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11115-015-0337-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hvenegaard, Anne & Street, Andrew & Sørensen, Torben Højmark & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte, 2009. "Comparing hospital costs: What is gained by accounting for more than a case-mix index?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 640-647, August.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:183:y:2017:i:c:p:116-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen & Mikko Peltola & Jon Magnussen & Kjartan Anthun & Sverre Kittelsen & Annette Roed & Kim Olsen & Emma Medin & Clas Rehnberg, 2010. "Measuring cost efficiency in the Nordic Hospitals—a cross-sectional comparison of public hospitals in 2002," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 346-357, December.
- Anne Hvenegaard & Jacob Arendt & Andrew Street & Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, 2011.
"Exploring the relationship between costs and quality: Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 541-551, December.
- Anne, Hvenegaard & Nielsen Arendt, Jacob & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Street, Andrew, 2010. "Exploring the relationship between costs and quality - Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?," COHERE Working Paper 2009:6, University of Southern Denmark, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research.
- Andrew Street & Kirsi Vitikainen & Afsaneh Bjorvatn & Anne Hvenegaard, 2007. "Introducing activity-based financing: a review of experience in Australia, Denmark, Norway and Sweden," Working Papers 030cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Kristensen, Troels & Olsen, Kim Rose & Kilsmark, Jannie & Lauridsen, Jørgen T. & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller, 2012. "Economies of scale and scope in the Danish hospital sector prior to radical restructuring plans," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 120-126.
- Garcia-Lacalle, Javier & Martin, Emilio, 2010. "Rural vs urban hospital performance in a 'competitive' public health service," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(6), pages 1131-1140, September.
- Raulinajtys-Grzybek, Monika, 2014. "Cost accounting models used for price-setting of health services: An international review," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 341-353.
- Socha, Karolina, 2014. "Mixed reimbursement of hospitals: Securing high activity and global expenditures control?," COHERE Working Paper 2014:3, University of Southern Denmark, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research.
- Sørensen, Torben H. & Olsen, Kim R. & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte, 2009. "Differences in general practice initiated expenditures across Danish local health authorities--A multilevel analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 35-42, September.
- Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Olsen, Kim R. & Sørensen, Torben H., 2012. "Socio-demographic patient profiles and hospital efficiency: Does patient mix affect a hospital's ability to perform?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 136-145.
- Kim Rose Olsen & Andrew Street, 2008. "The analysis of efficiency among a small number of organisations: How inferences can be improved by exploiting patient-level data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 671-681.
- Polyzos, Nikolaos & Karanikas, Haralampos & Thireos, Eleftherios & Kastanioti, Catherine & Kontodimopoulos, Nick, 2013. "Reforming reimbursement of public hospitals in Greece during the economic crisis: Implementation of a DRG system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 14-22.
More about this item
KeywordsHospital-costs; Reimbursement mechanisms; Diagnosis-related groups; Denmark;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:hcarem:v:9:y:2006:i:3:p:259-268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .