A typology for provider payment systems in health care
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maarse, J. A. M., 1989. "Hospital budgeting in Holland: aspects, trends and effects," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 257-276, June.
- Matsaganis, Manos & Glennerster, Howard, 1994. "The threat of 'cream skimming' in the post-reform NHS," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 31-60, March.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1988. "Insurance principles and the design of prospective payment systems," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 215-237, September.
- Anell, Anders, 1996. "The monopolistic integrated model and health care reform: the Swedish experience," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 19-33, July.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1986. "Provider behavior under prospective reimbursement : Cost sharing and supply," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 129-151, June.
- Kamke, Kerstin, 1998. "The German health care system and health care reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 171-194, February.
- Dor, Avi & Watson, Harry, 1995. "The hospital-physician interaction in U.S. hospitals: Evolving payment schemes and their incentives," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 795-802, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margit Sommersguter-Reichmann & Adolf Stepan, 2017. "Hospital physician payment mechanisms in Austria: do they provide gateways to institutional corruption?," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van, 2004.
"Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 239-252, August.
- Eddy Cardinaels & Filip Roodhooft & Gustaaf Van Herck, 2004. "Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2004-09, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- repec:kap:porgrv:v:17:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11115-015-0337-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarma, Sisira & Devlin, Rose Anne & Belhadji, Bachir & Thind, Amardeep, 2010. "Does the way physicians are paid influence the way they practice? The case of Canadian family physicians' work activity," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(2-3), pages 203-217, December.
- David Gray & William Hogg & Michael E. Green & Yan Zhang, 2015. "Did Family Physicians Who Opted into a New Payment Model Receive an Offer They Should Not Refuse? Experimental Evidence from Ontario," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 41(2), pages 151-165, June.
- Moreno-Serra, Rodrigo & Wagstaff, Adam, 2010.
"System-wide impacts of hospital payment reforms: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 585-602, July.
- Moreno-Serra, Rodrigo & Wagstaff, Adam, 2009. "System-wide impacts of hospital payment reforms : evidence from central and eastern Europe and central Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4987, The World Bank.
- Bech, Mickael, 2005. "The economics of non-attendance and the expected effect of charging a fine on non-attendees," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 181-191, October.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2013. "Heterogeneous hospital response to a per diem prospective payment system," Working Papers w0193, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- World Bank, 2014. "Kyrgyz Republic Public Expenditure Review Policy Notes : Health," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19313, The World Bank.
- Di Giorgio, Laura & Filippini, Massimo & Masiero, Giuliano, 2014.
"Implications of global budget payment system on nursing home costs,"
Elsevier, pages 237-248.
- Laura Di Giorgio & Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero, 2012. "Implications of global budget payment system on nursing home costs," CEPRA working paper 1301, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Melberg, Hans Olav & Pedersen, Kine, 2015. "Do changes in reimbursement fees affect hospital prioritization?," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2015:1, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Sanita Hirunrassamee & Sauwakon Ratanawijitrasin, 2009. "Does your health care depend on how your insurer pays providers? Variation in utilization and outcomes in Thailand," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 153-168, June.
- Wranik, Dominika, 2008. "Health human resource planning in Canada: A typology and its application," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 27-41, April.
- Limei Jing & Jie Bai & Xiaoming Sun & David Zakus & Jiquan Lou & Ming Li & Qunfang Zhang & Yuehong Zhuang, 2016. "NRCMS capitation reform and effect evaluation in Pudong New Area of Shanghai," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 131-157, July.
- Anni Ankjær-Jensen & Pernille Rosling & Lone Bilde, 2006. "Variable prospective financing in the Danish hospital sector and the development of a Danish case-mix system," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 259-268, August.
- Mehmet Gok & Erkut Altındağ, 2015. "Analysis of the cost and efficiency relationship: experience in the Turkish pay for performance system," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(5), pages 459-469, June.
- Stamatiadis, Filippos & Eriotis, Nikolaos, 2011. "Evolution of the Governmental Accounting Reform implementation in Greek Public Hospitals: Testing the institutional framework," MPRA Paper 28816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garcia-Lacalle, Javier & Martin, Emilio, 2010. "Rural vs urban hospital performance in a 'competitive' public health service," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(6), pages 1131-1140, September.
- Aoife Brick & Anne Nolan & Jacqueline O’Reilly & Samantha Smith, 2012. "Conflicting Financial Incentives in the Irish Health-Care System," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 273-301.
- Troels Kristensen & Kim Olsen & Henrik Schroll & Janus Thomsen & Anders Halling, 2014. "Association between fee-for-service expenditures and morbidity burden in primary care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(6), pages 599-610, July.
- Waters, Hugh R. & Hussey, Peter, 2004. "Pricing health services for purchasers--a review of methods and experiences," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 175-184, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:60:y:2002:i:3:p:255-273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .