The threat of 'cream skimming' in the post-reform NHS
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Jackie Cumming, 2000. "Management of Key Purchaser Risks in Devolved Purchase Arrangements in Health Care," Treasury Working Paper Series 00/17, New Zealand Treasury.
- Cox, James C. & Sadiraj, Vjollca & Schnier, Kurt E. & Sweeney, John F., 2016.
"Incentivizing cost-effective reductions in hospital readmission rates,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 131(PB), pages 24-35.
- James C. Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Kurt E. Schnier & John F. Sweeney, 2015. "Incentivizing Cost-Effective Reductions in Hospital Readmission Rates," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2015-01, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Allard, Marie & Jelovac, Izabela & Léger, Pierre Thomas, 2011. "Treatment and referral decisions under different physician payment mechanisms," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 880-893.
- Marie Allard & Izabela Jelovac & Pierre-Thomas Léger, 2011. "Treatment and referral decisions under different physician payment mechanisms," Post-Print halshs-00650933, HAL.
- Schut, Frederik T. & van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A., 1999. "Towards a reinforced agency role of health insurers in Belgium and the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 47-67, July.
- Stephen Martin & Nigel Rice & Peter Smith, 1997. "Risk and the GP budget holder," Working Papers 153chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- James M. Malcomson, 2004. "Health Service Gatekeepers," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(2), pages 401-421, Summer.
- James Malcomson, 2003. "Health Service Gatekeepers," Economics Series Working Papers 169, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- James Malcomson, 2003. "Health Service Gatekeepers," CESifo Working Paper Series 1063, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jegers, Marc & Kesteloot, Katrien & De Graeve, Diana & Gilles, Willem, 2002. "A typology for provider payment systems in health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 255-273, June.
- Julien Forder & Ann Netten, 2000. "The price of placements in residential and nursing home care: the effects of contracts and competition," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 643-657.
- Hernan Bejarano & Ellen P. Green & Stephen Rassenti, 2016. "Payment Scheme Self-Selection in the Credence Goods Market: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 16-04, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Adam Oliver, 2005. "The English National Health Service: 1979-2005," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 75-99.
- van Barneveld, Erik M. & Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2001. "Risk sharing as a supplement to imperfect capitation: a tradeoff between selection and efficiency," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 147-168, March.
- Ellen P. Green, 2013. "Payment Systems in the Healthcare Industry: An Experimental Study Of Physician Incentives," Working Papers 13-05, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Jones, Philip R. & Cullis, John G., 1996. "Decision making in quasi-markets: A pedagogic analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 187-208, April.
- Vandenberghe, Vincent, 1999. "Cost Efficiency and Feasibility of Education Policy in the Presence of Local Social Externalities," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Amir Shmueli & Jacob Glazer, 1999. "Addressing the inequity of capitation by variable soft contracts," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 335-343.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1999. "Response to Paul Dolan," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 179-180.
- Lamers, Leida M., 1998. "Risk-adjusted capitation payments: Developing a diagnostic cost groups classification for the Dutch situation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 15-32, July.
- Green, Ellen P., 2014. "Payment systems in the healthcare industry: An experimental study of physician incentives," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 367-378.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:13:y:1994:i:1:p:31-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed