Decision making in quasi-markets: A pedagogic analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matsaganis, Manos & Glennerster, Howard, 1994. "The threat of 'cream skimming' in the post-reform NHS," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 31-60, March.
- Laura Rovizzi & David Thompson, 1992. "The regulation of product quality in the public utilities and the Citizen's Charter," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 74-95, August.
- Culyer, A J, 1971. "Medical Care and the Economics of Giving," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(151), pages 295-303, August.
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1970. "Toward a Theory of Nonprofit Institutions: An Economic Model of a Hospital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 64-74, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lisa Grazzini & Alessandro Petretto, 2013. "Health and Education: Challenges and Financial Constraints," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_19.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Levaggi, Laura & Levaggi, Rosella, 2020. "Is there scope for mixed markets in the provision of hospital care?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 247(C).
- Brenna, Elenka, 2011. "Quasi-market and cost-containment in Beveridge systems: The Lombardy model of Italy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 209-218.
- Paolo Berta & Carla Guerriero & Rosella Levaggi, 2018. "The dark side of fiscal federalism:evidence from hospital care in Italy," Working papers 72, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Amir Shmueli & Jacob Glazer, 1999. "Addressing the inequity of capitation by variable soft contracts," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 335-343, June.
- G Oskrochi & Ahmed Bani-Mustafa & Y Oskrochi, 2018. "Factors affecting psychological well-being: Evidence from two nationally representative surveys," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(6), pages 1-14, June.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Schokkaert, Erik, 2009.
"Unfair inequalities in health and health care,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 73-90, January.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2007. "Unfair inequalities in health and health care," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2007090, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2009. "Unfair inequalities in health and health care," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2141, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yin-Fang Yen, 2014. "Hospital Treatment Rates and Spillover Effects: Does Ownership Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4664, CESifo.
- Franz Hackl & Gerald J. Pruckner, 2005. "Warm glow, free‐riding and vehicle neutrality in a health‐related contingent valuation study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 293-306, March.
- Paul Allanson & Dennis Petrie, 2014.
"Understanding The Vertical Equity Judgements Underpinning Health Inequality Measures,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(11), pages 1390-1396, November.
- Allanson, Paul & Petrie, Dennis, 2012. "Understanding the vertical equity judgements underpinning health inequality measures," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-06, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Allanson & Dennis Petrie, 2012. "Understanding the vertical equity judgements underpinning health inequality measures," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 264, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Julien Forder & Ann Netten, 2000. "The price of placements in residential and nursing home care: the effects of contracts and competition," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 643-657, October.
- Peter Zweifel, 2006. "Auftrag und Grenzen der Sozialen Krankenversicherung," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(s1), pages 5-26, May.
- Adler, Nicole & Forsyth, Peter & Mueller, Juergen & Niemeier, Hans-Martin, 2015. "An economic assessment of airport incentive regulation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 5-15.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1988. "Altruism, Rivalry and Crowding-Out in the Nonprofit Firm's Supply of Charity Services: The Case of Hospitals," NBER Working Papers 2753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ucn:wpaper:10197/1111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Djellal, Faridah & Gallouj, FaIz, 2005. "Mapping innovation dynamics in hospitals," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 817-835, August.
- Pulok, Mohammad Habibullah & van Gool, Kees & Hall, Jane, 2020. "Horizontal inequity in the utilisation of healthcare services in Australia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 124(11), pages 1263-1271.
- Jones, Andrew M. & Wildman, John, 2008. "Health, income and relative deprivation: Evidence from the BHPS," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 308-324, March.
- Ulf‐ G. Gerdtham, 1997.
"Equity in Health Care Utilization: Further Tests Based on Hurdle Models and Swedish Micro Data,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 303-319, May.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 1996. "Equity in Health Care Utilisation: Further Tests Based on Hurdle models and Swedish Micro Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 116, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Culyer, Anthony J. & Evans, Robert G., 1996.
"Mark Pauly on welfare economics: Normative rabbits from positive hats,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 243-251, April.
- Evans, R.G. & Culyer, A.J., 1995. "Mark Pauly on Welfare Economics: Normative Rabbits from Positive Hats," Centre for Health Services and Policy Research 95:5r, University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research..
- Richardson, Jeff & Sinha, Kompal & Iezzi, Angelo & Maxwell, Aimee, 2012. "Maximising health versus sharing: Measuring preferences for the allocation of the health budget," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(8), pages 1351-1361.
- Doyle, Orla & Harmon, Colm P. & Walker, Ian, 2005.
"The Impact of Parental Income and Education on the Health of their Children,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1832, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Doyle, Orla & Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian, 2005. "The Impact of Parental Income and Education on the Health of their Children," CEPR Discussion Papers 5359, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lamers, Leida M., 1998. "Risk-adjusted capitation payments: Developing a diagnostic cost groups classification for the Dutch situation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 15-32, July.
- James M. Malcomson, 2004. "Health Service Gatekeepers," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(2), pages 401-421, Summer.
- Green, Ellen P., 2014.
"Payment systems in the healthcare industry: An experimental study of physician incentives,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 367-378.
- Ellen P. Green, 2013. "Payment Systems in the Healthcare Industry: An Experimental Study Of Physician Incentives," Working Papers 13-05, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:15:y:1996:i:2:p:187-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.