The Internal Organization of Hospitals: Some Economic Implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adriana Castelli & Andrew Street & Rossella Verzulli & Padraic Ward, 2015. "Examining variations in hospital productivity in the English NHS," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(3), pages 243-254, April.
- Rajiv Sharma & Miron Stano & Renu Gehring, 2008. "Short-term fluctuations in hospital demand: implications for admission, discharge, and discriminatory behavior," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(2), pages 586-606.
- Cutler, David M, 1995.
"The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcomes under Prospective Payment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Cutler, D.M., 1992. "The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcome Under Prospective Payment," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1603, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David M. Cutler, 1993. "The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcomes Under Prospective Payments," NBER Working Papers 4300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thierry Nobre, 1998. "Management de la valeur et pouvoirs dans l'hôpital," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(2), pages 113-135, June.
- Vitikainen, Kirsi & Street, Andrew & Linna, Miika, 2009. "Estimation of hospital efficiency--Do different definitions and casemix measures for hospital output affect the results?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 149-159, February.
- Daidone, Silvio & Street, Andrew, 2013. "How much should be paid for specialised treatment?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 110-118.
- David Meltzer & Frederick L. Hiltz & David S. Bates, 2000. "Implications of Managed Care for Teaching Hospitals Comparisons of Traditional and Managed Care Medical Services within a Single Institution," NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 249-282 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ancarani, Alessandro & Di Mauro, Carmela & Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo & Ayach, Ali, 2016. "Technology acquisition and efficiency in Dubai hospitals," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 475-485.
- Blake, John T. & Carter, Michael W., 2003. "Physician and hospital funding options in a public system with decreasing resources," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 45-68, March.
- Fidler, Armin H. & Haslinger, Reinhard R. & Hofmarcher, Maria M. & Jesse, Maris & Palu, Toomas, 2007. "Incorporation of public hospitals: A "Silver Bullet" against overcapacity, managerial bottlenecks and resource constraints?: Case studies from Austria and Estonia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(2-3), pages 328-338, May.
- Long Mark C & Goldfarb Marsha G. & Goldfarb Robert S, 2008. "Explanations for Persistent Nursing Shortages," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-37, November.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:5:p:525-533 is not listed on IDEAS
- Polyzos, Nicholas M., 2002. "Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 305-328, September.
- Randall D. Cebul & James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor & Mark E. Votruba, 2008.
"Organizational Fragmentation and Care Quality in the U.S. Healthcare System,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(4), pages 93-113, Fall.
- Randall D. Cebul & James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor & Mark Votruba, 2008. "Organizational Fragmentation and Care Quality in the U.S. Health Care System," NBER Working Papers 14212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kesteloot, K. & Voet, N., 1998. "Incentives for cooperation in quality improvement among hospitals--the impact of the reimbursement system," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 701-728, December.
- Rhema Vaithianathan, 1999. "The Failure of Corporatisation: Public Hospitals in New Zealand," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 6(4), pages 325-338.
- Hiroyuki Kawaguchi & Kaoru Tone & Miki Tsutsui, 2014. "Estimation of the efficiency of Japanese hospitals using a dynamic and network data envelopment analysis model," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 101-112, June.
- Domin, Jean-Paul, 2015. "Réformer l’hôpital comme une entreprise. Les errements de trente ans de politique hospitalière (1983-2013)," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 17.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10729-015-9348-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rje:bellje:v:8:y:1977:i:autumn:p:467-482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.rje.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .