Exploring the relationship between costs and quality: Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Anne, Hvenegaard & Nielsen Arendt, Jacob & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Street, Andrew, 2010. "Exploring the relationship between costs and quality - Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?," COHERE Working Paper 2009:6, University of Southern Denmark, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine, 2004.
"Risk selection and the specification of the conventional risk adjustment formula,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1237-1259, November.
- Erik SCHOKKAERT & Carine VAN DE VOORDE, 2000. "Risk Selection and the Specification of the Conventional Risk Adjustment Formula," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0011, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Kathleen Carey & James F. Burgess, 1999. "On measuring the hospital cost|quality trade-off," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 509-520.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, October.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- Anni Ankjær-Jensen & Pernille Rosling & Lone Bilde, 2006. "Variable prospective financing in the Danish hospital sector and the development of a Danish case-mix system," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 259-268, August.
- Jan Clement & Vivian Valdmanis & Gloria Bazzoli & Mei Zhao & Askar Chukmaitov, 2008. "Is more better? An analysis of hospital outcomes and efficiency with a DEA model of output congestion," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 67-77, March.
- Jaime Pinilla & Carles Murillo & Genís Carrasco & Carlos Humet, 2006. "Case-control analysis of the financial cost of medication errors in hospitalized patients," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 7(1), pages 66-71, March.
- Gertler, Paul J & Waldman, Donald M, 1992. "Quality-Adjusted Cost Functions and Policy Evaluation in the Nursing Home Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1232-1256, December.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Hauck, Katharina & Street, Andrew, 2006. "Performance assessment in the context of multiple objectives: A multivariate multilevel analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1029-1048, November.
- Niccie L. McKay & Mary E. Deily, 2008. "Cost inefficiency and hospital health outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 833-848.
- Kim Rose Olsen & Andrew Street, 2008. "The analysis of efficiency among a small number of organisations: How inferences can be improved by exploiting patient-level data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 671-681.
- Hugh Gravelle, 2003. "Measuring income related inequality in health: standardisation and the partial concentration index," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 803-819.
- Diego Prior & Magda Solà, 2000. "Technical efficiency and economies of diversification in health care," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 299-307, September.
- Diego Prior, 2006. "Efficiency and total quality management in health care organizations: A dynamic frontier approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 281-299, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nils Gutacker & Chris Bojke & Silvio Daidone & Nancy J. Devlin & David Parkin & Andrew Street, 2013.
"Truly Inefficient Or Providing Better Quality Of Care? Analysing The Relationship Between Risk‐Adjusted Hospital Costs And Patients' Health Outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 931-947, August.
- Nils Gutacker & Chris Bojke & Silvio Daidone & Nancy Devlin & David Parkin & Andrew Street, 2011. "Truly inefficient or providing better quality of care? Analysing the relationship between riskadjusted hospital costs and patients’ health outcomes," Working Papers 068cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:19:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s10198-017-0915-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lukas Kwietniewski & Mareike Heimeshoff & Jonas Schreyögg, 2017. "Estimation of a physician practice cost function," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(4), pages 481-494, May.
- Häkkinen, Unto & Rosenqvist, Gunnar & Peltola, Mikko & Kapiainen, Satu & Rättö, Hanna & Cots, Francesc & Geissler, Alexander & Or, Zeynep & Serdén, Lisbeth & Sund, Reijo, 2014. "Quality, cost, and their trade-off in treating AMI and stroke patients in European hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 15-27.
- Oxholm, Anne Sophie, 2016. "Physician Response to Target-Based Performance Payment," COHERE Working Paper 2016:9, University of Southern Denmark, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research.
More about this item
KeywordsHospital costs; Efficiency; Quality; Cost-effectiveness; C51;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eujhec:v:12:y:2011:i:6:p:541-551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.