Is more better? An analysis of hospital outcomes and efficiency with a DEA model of output congestion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary Ferrier & Michael Rosko & Vivian Valdmanis, 2006. "Analysis of uncompensated hospital care using a DEA model of output congestion," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 181-188, May.
- Mary E. Deily & Niccie L. McKay, 2006. "Cost inefficiency and mortality rates in Florida hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 419-431.
- Gabriel A. Picone & Frank A. Sloan & Shin-Yi Chou & Donald H. Taylor, 2003. "Does Higher Hospital Cost Imply Higher Quality of Care?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 51-62, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel L. Friesner & Matthew Q. McPherson & Robert Rosenman, 2010. "Are Hospital Pharmacies More Efficient if They Employ Nurses?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 139-156.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:261:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2628-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leleu, Hervé, 2013.
"Shadow pricing of undesirable outputs in nonparametric analysis,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 474-480.
- H. Leleu, 2013. "Shadow pricing of undesirable outputs in nonparametric analysis," Post-Print hal-00848044, HAL.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:2:p:716-735 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan & Prskawetz, Alexia & Feichtinger, Gustav, 2011.
"Externalities in a life cycle model with endogenous survival,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(4-5), pages 627-641.
- Michael Kuhn & Stefan Wrzaczek & Alexia Prskawetz & Gustav Feichtinger, 2010. "Externalities in a Life-Cycle Model with Endogenous Survival," VID Working Papers 1001, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
- Anne Hvenegaard & Jacob Arendt & Andrew Street & Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, 2011.
"Exploring the relationship between costs and quality: Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 541-551, December.
- Anne, Hvenegaard & Nielsen Arendt, Jacob & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Street, Andrew, 2010. "Exploring the relationship between costs and quality - Does the joint evaluation of costs and quality alter the ranking of Danish hospital departments?," COHERE Working Paper 2009:6, University of Southern Denmark, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research.
- Hu, Hsin-Hui & Qi, Qinghui & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2012. "Analysis of hospital technical efficiency in China: Effect of health insurance reform," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 865-877.
- Jana Borůvková & Martina Kuncová, 2012. "Comparison of the Ophthalmology Departments of the Vysocina Region Hospitals Using DEA Models," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(5), pages 75-84.
- : Álvaro Almeida & José Pedro Fique, 2011. "Evaluating Hospital Efficiency Adjusting for Quality Indicators: an Application to Portuguese NHS Hospitals," FEP Working Papers 435, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:139-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matranga, Domenica & Sapienza, Francesca, 2015. "Congestion analysis to evaluate the efficiency and appropriateness of hospitals in Sicily," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 324-332.
More about this item
KeywordsHospital efficiency; DEA; Patient outcomes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:hcarem:v:11:y:2008:i:1:p:67-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.