Identifying the scope for savings at inpatient episode level: An illustration applying DEA to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brigitte Dormont & Carine Milcent, 2004. "The sources of hospital cost variability," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 927-939.
- Clara Dismuke & Vania Sena, 2001. "Is there a Trade-Off between Quality and Productivity? The Case of Diagnostic Technologies in Portugal," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 101-116, October.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128.
- Simar, Léopold & Vanhems, Anne & Wilson, Paul W., 2012. "Statistical inference for DEA estimators of directional distances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 853-864.
- Laudicella, Mauro & Olsen, Kim Rose & Street, Andrew, 2010. "Examining cost variation across hospital departments-a two-stage multi-level approach using patient-level data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(10), pages 1872-1881, November.
- Reinhard Busse & Alexander Geissler & Anne Mason & Zeynep Or & David Scheller‐Kreinsen & Andrew Street & Andrew Street & Conrad Kobel & Thomas Renaud & Josselin Thuilliez, 2012.
"How Well Do Diagnosis‐Related Groups Explain Variations In Costs Or Length Of Stay Among Patients And Across Hospitals? Methods For Analysing Routine Patient Data,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21, pages 6-18, August.
- Andrew Street & Conrad Kobel & Thomas Renaud & Josselin Thuilliez, 2012. "How well do diagnosis-related groups explain variations in costs or length of stay among patients and across hospitals? Methods for analysing routine patient data," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00719777, HAL.
- Silvio Daidone & Andrew Street, 2011. "Estimating the costs of specialised care," Working Papers 061cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5426 is not listed on IDEAS
- B. Dervaux & H. Leleu & E. Minvielle & V. Valdmanis & P. Aegerter & B. Guidet, 2009. "Assessing Performance of French Intensive Care Units: A Directional Distance Function Approach at the Patient Level," Post-Print halshs-00476492, HAL.
- Jaume Puig-Junoy, 1998. "Technical efficiency in the clinical management of critically ill patients," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 263-277.
- Sørensen, Torben H. & Olsen, Kim R. & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte, 2009. "Differences in general practice initiated expenditures across Danish local health authorities--A multilevel analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 35-42, September.
- Dervaux, B. & Leleu, H. & Minvielle, E. & Valdmanis, V. & Aegerter, P. & Guidet, B., 2009. "Performance of French intensive care units: A directional distance function approach at the patient level," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 585-594, August.
- W. David Bradford & Andrew N. Kleit & Marie A. Krousel-Wood & Richard N. Re, 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Estimation Of Cost Models Within The Hospital," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 302-309, May.
- Kim Rose Olsen & Andrew Street, 2008. "The analysis of efficiency among a small number of organisations: How inferences can be improved by exploiting patient-level data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 671-681.
- Emre Berk & Kamran Moinzadeh, 1998. "The Impact of Discharge Decisions on Health Care Quality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(3), pages 400-415, March.
- Diwas Singh KC & Christian Terwiesch, 2011. "The Effects of Focus on Performance: Evidence from California Hospitals," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(11), pages 1897-1912, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:22:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s10729-019-09484-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHealth care; COPD; Efficiency analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:255:y:2016:i:2:p:570-582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.