Using DEA to estimate potential savings at GP units at medical specialty level
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Filipe Amado, Carla Alexandra & Dyson, Robert G., 2008. "On comparing the performance of primary care providers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 915-932, March.
- Sørensen, Torben H. & Olsen, Kim R. & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte, 2009. "Differences in general practice initiated expenditures across Danish local health authorities--A multilevel analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 35-42, September.
- Amado, Carla Alexandra da Encarnação Filipe & Santos, Sérgio Pereira dos, 2009. "Challenges for performance assessment and improvement in primary health care: The case of the Portuguese health centres," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 43-56, June.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128.
- Matthias Staat, 2011. "Estimating the efficiency of general practitioners controlling for case mix and outlier effects," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 321-342, April.
- Dervaux, B. & Leleu, H. & Minvielle, E. & Valdmanis, V. & Aegerter, P. & Guidet, B., 2009. "Performance of French intensive care units: A directional distance function approach at the patient level," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 585-594, August.
- Laudicella, Mauro & Olsen, Kim Rose & Street, Andrew, 2010. "Examining cost variation across hospital departments-a two-stage multi-level approach using patient-level data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(10), pages 1872-1881, November.
- Jaume Puig-Junoy & Vicente Ortún, 2004.
"Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: a stochastic frontier cost function approach,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(12), pages 1149-1165.
- Jaume Puig & Vicente Ortún, 2003. "Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: A stochastic frontier cost function approach," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 719, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jaume Puig & Vicente Ortún, 2003. "Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: A stochastic frontier cost function approach," Economics Working Papers 719, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G., 1995. "Exploring output quality targets in the provision of perinatal care in England using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 588-607, February.
- Matthias Staat, 2003. "The efficiency of treatment strategies of general practitioners," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 4(3), pages 232-238, September.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Silva Portela, Maria C.A. & Graveney, Mike, 2012. "Estimating the scope for savings in referrals and drug prescription costs in the general Practice units of a UK primary care trust," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 432-444.
- Yasar Ozcan, 1998. "Physician benchmarking: measuring variation in practice behavior in treatment of otitis media," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 5-17, September.
- B. Dervaux & H. Leleu & E. Minvielle & V. Valdmanis & P. Aegerter & B. Guidet, 2009. "Assessing Performance of French Intensive Care Units: A Directional Distance Function Approach at the Patient Level," Post-Print halshs-00476492, HAL.
- Jaume Puig-Junoy, 1998. "Technical efficiency in the clinical management of critically ill patients," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 263-277.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:90-101 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDEA; Primary health care; Cost efficiency; Allocative efficiency; Price efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:48:y:2014:i:1:p:38-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.