Exploring the use of DEA for formative evaluation in primary diabetes care: An application to compare English practices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Filipe Amado, Carla Alexandra & Dyson, Robert G., 2008. "On comparing the performance of primary care providers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 915-932, March.
- Linna, Miika & Nordblad, Anne & Koivu, Matti, 2003. "Technical and cost efficiency of oral health care provision in Finnish health centres," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 343-353, January.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, 2001.
"Measuring performance in primary care: econometric analysis and DEA,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 163-175.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, "undated". "Measuring Performance in Primary Care: Econometric Analysis and DEA," Discussion Papers 99/36, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Robert Rosenman & Daniel Friesner, 2004. "Scope and scale inefficiencies in physician practices," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(11), pages 1091-1116, November.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Nanos, Panagiotis & Niakas, Dimitris, 2006. "Balancing efficiency of health services and equity of access in remote areas in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 49-57, March.
- Yasar Ozcan, 1998. "Physician benchmarking: measuring variation in practice behavior in treatment of otitis media," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 5-17, September.
- Jon Chilingerian & H. David Sherman, 1997. "DEA and primary care physician report cards: Deriving preferred practice cones from managed care service concepts and operating strategies," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 35-66, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Panagiotis Mitropoulos & Kostas Kounetas & Ioannis Mitropoulos, 2016. "Factors affecting primary health care centers’ economic and production efficiency," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 247(2), pages 807-822, December.
- Victor V. Podinovski & Wan Rohaida Wan Husain, 2017. "The hybrid returns-to-scale model and its extension by production trade-offs: an application to the efficiency assessment of public universities in Malaysia," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 250(1), pages 65-84, March.
- Førsund, Finn R., 2017. "Measuring effectiveness of production in the public sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 93-103.
- R G Dyson & E A Shale, 2010. "Data envelopment analysis, operational research and uncertainty," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 61(1), pages 25-34, January.
- Marcos Pereira Estellita Lins & Sergio Orlando Antoun Netto & Maria Stella Castro Lobo, 2019. "Multimethodology applied to the evaluation of Healthcare in Brazilian municipalities," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 197-214, June.
- Thorsen, Maggie & McGarvey, Ronald & Thorsen, Andreas, 2020. "Diabetes management at community health centers: Examining associations with patient and regional characteristics, efficiency, and staffing patterns," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 255(C).
More about this item
Keywordsdata envelopment analysis; health service; equity; efficiency; effectiveness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:11:d:10.1057_jors.2008.160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.