Estimating the scope for savings in referrals and drug prescription costs in the general Practice units of a UK primary care trust
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Filipe Amado, Carla Alexandra & Dyson, Robert G., 2008. "On comparing the performance of primary care providers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 915-932, March.
- Amado, Carla Alexandra da Encarnação Filipe & Santos, Sérgio Pereira dos, 2009. "Challenges for performance assessment and improvement in primary health care: The case of the Portuguese health centres," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 43-56, June.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128, October.
- Luis Murillo-Zamorano & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011.
"Technical efficiency in primary health care: does quality matter?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(2), pages 115-125, April.
- Murillo-Zamorano, Luis R. & Petraglia, C., 2008. "Technical efficiency in primary health care: does quality matter?," MPRA Paper 10725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaume Puig‐Junoy & Vicente Ortún, 2004.
"Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: a stochastic frontier cost function approach,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(12), pages 1149-1165, December.
- Jaume Puig & Vicente Ortún, 2003. "Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: A stochastic frontier cost function approach," Economics Working Papers 719, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jaume Puig & Vicente Ortún, 2003. "Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: A stochastic frontier cost function approach," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 719, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Tone, Kaoru & Tsutsui, Miki, 2007. "Decomposition of cost efficiency and its application to Japanese-US electric utility comparisons," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 91-106, June.
- Sørensen, Torben H. & Olsen, Kim R. & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte, 2009. "Differences in general practice initiated expenditures across Danish local health authorities--A multilevel analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 35-42, September.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G., 1995. "Exploring output quality targets in the provision of perinatal care in England using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 588-607, February.
- Matthias Staat, 2003. "The efficiency of treatment strategies of general practitioners," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 4(3), pages 232-238, September.
- Camanho, A.S. & Dyson, R.G., 2008. "A generalisation of the Farrell cost efficiency measure applicable to non-fully competitive settings," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 147-162, February.
- Jon Chilingerian & H. David Sherman, 1997. "DEA and primary care physician report cards: Deriving preferred practice cones from managed care service concepts and operating strategies," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 35-66, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Portela, Maria Conceição A. Silva & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2014. "Economic efficiency when prices are not fixed: disentangling quantity and price efficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 36-44.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Silva Portela, Maria C.A. & Graveney, Mike, 2014. "Using DEA to estimate potential savings at GP units at medical specialty level," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 38-48.
- M. C. Gouveia & L. C. Dias & C. H. Antunes & M. A. Mota & E. M. Duarte & E. M. Tenreiro, 2016. "An application of value-based DEA to identify the best practices in primary health care," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 38(3), pages 743-767, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCost efficiency; Price efficiency; Data envelopment analysis; Primary health care;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:221:y:2012:i:2:p:432-444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.