Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: a stochastic frontier cost function approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jaume Puig & Vicente Ortún, 2003. "Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: A stochastic frontier cost function approach," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 719, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jaume Puig & Vicente Ortún, 2003. "Cost efficiency in primary care contracting: A stochastic frontier cost function approach," Economics Working Papers 719, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
References listed on IDEAS
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, 2001.
"Measuring performance in primary care: econometric analysis and DEA,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 163-175.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, "undated". "Measuring Performance in Primary Care: Econometric Analysis and DEA," Discussion Papers 99/36, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Rodriguez, Marisol & Scheffler, Richard M. & Agnew, Jonathan D., 2000. "An update on Spain's health care system: is it time for managed competition?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 109-131, March.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1997. "Temporal patterns of technical efficiency: Results from competing models," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 597-616, August.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberta Longo & Claire Hulme & Andrew Smith, 2012. "Measures of Performance in Primary Care - a Review of Efficiency Studies," Working Papers 1203, Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds.
- Stefan Felder & Harald Tauchmann, 2013.
"Federal state differentials in the efficiency of health production in Germany: an artifact of spatial dependence?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(1), pages 21-39, February.
- Felder, Stefan & Tauchmann, Harald, 2013. "Federal state differentials in the efficiency of health production in Germany: an artifact of spatial dependence?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 21-39.
- William Griffiths & Xiaohui Zhang & Xueyan Zhao, 2010.
"A Stochastic Frontier Model for Discrete Ordinal Outcomes: A Health Production Function,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
1092, The University of Melbourne.
- William Griffiths & Xiaohui Zhang & Xueyan Zhao, 2010. "A Stochastic Frontier Model for Discrete Ordinal Outcomes: A Health Production Function," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- William Griffiths & Xiaohui Zhang & Xueyan Zhao, 2014. "Estimation and efficiency measurement in stochastic production frontiers with ordinal outcomes," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 67-84, August.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Silva Portela, Maria C.A. & Graveney, Mike, 2012. "Estimating the scope for savings in referrals and drug prescription costs in the general Practice units of a UK primary care trust," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 432-444.
- Sørensen, Torben H. & Olsen, Kim R. & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte, 2009. "Differences in general practice initiated expenditures across Danish local health authorities--A multilevel analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 35-42, September.
- Luis Murillo-Zamorano & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011.
"Technical efficiency in primary health care: does quality matter?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(2), pages 115-125, April.
- Murillo-Zamorano, Luis R. & Petraglia, C., 2008. "Technical efficiency in primary health care: does quality matter?," MPRA Paper 10725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Silva Portela, Maria C.A. & Graveney, Mike, 2014. "Using DEA to estimate potential savings at GP units at medical specialty level," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 38-48.
- World Bank, 2009. "Serbia - Baseline Survey on Cost and Efficiency in Primary Health Care Centers Before Provider Payment Reforms," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3036, The World Bank.
- Pedro Barros & Sara Machado, 2010. "Money for nothing?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 234-255, September.
- Rafael Mu-oz de Bustillo & José-Ignacio Antón, 2013. "Those were the days, my friend: The public sector and the economic crisis in Spain," Chapters,in: Public Sector Shock, chapter 13, pages 511-542 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:13:y:2004:i:12:p:1149-1165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.