Evolución de la eficiencia técnica de la industria textil española en el periodo 1995-2005. Análisis mediante un modelo frontera estocástica/Technical Efficiency In The Textile Industry Of Spain In The Period 1995-2005: A Stochastic Frontier Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mohammad Jaforullah, 1999. "Production technology, elasticity of substitution and technical efficiency of the handloom textile industry of Bangladesh," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 437-442.
- Ana Faria & Paul Fenn & Alistair Bruce, 2005. "Production technologies and technical efficiency: evidence from Portuguese manufacturing industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 1037-1046.
- Mikhail Kouliavtsev & Susan Christoffersen & Philip Russel, 2007. "Productivity, Scale and Efficiency in the U.S. Textile Industry," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Federico Mini & Edgard Rodriguez, 2000. "Technical Efficiency Indicators in a Philippine Manufacturing Sector," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 461-473.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Sangho Kim, 2003. "Identifying And Estimating Sources Of Technical Inefficiency In Korean Manufacturing Industries," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 132-144, January.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Pradip Maiti, 2007. "Efficiency of Indian Manufacturing Firms: Textile Industry as a Case Study," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 6(1), pages 71-88, April.
- Haishun Sun & Phillip Hone & Hristos Doucouliago, 1999. "Economic openness and technical efficiency: A case study of Chinese manufacturing industries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(3), pages 615-636, November.
- Michael Ka-Yiu Fung & Ken Kai-Hong Wan, 1996. "Ownership and efficiency differentials in chinese industry: further evidence from data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(7), pages 475-482.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Greene, William H., 1990. "A Gamma-distributed stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 141-163.
- Rim Ben Ayed-Mouelhi & Mohamed Goaïed, 2003. "Efficiency Measure from Dynamic Stochastic Production Frontier: Application to Tunisian Textile, Clothing, and Leather Industries," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 93-111, February.
- Harri Ramcharran, 2001. "Estimating productivity and returns to scale in the US textile industry," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 515-524.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(03), December.
- Mustafa Dinc & Kingsley E. Haynes, 1999. "Sources of regional inefficiency An integrated shift-share, data envelopment analysis and input-output approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 33(4), pages 469-489.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin, 2000. "A Stochastic Frontier Approach to Firm Level Efficiency, Technological Change, and Productivity during the Early Transition in Hungary," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 473-501, September.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustria Textil; Frontera Estocástica; Eficiencia Técnica ; Textile industry; stochastic frontier; technical efficiency.;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrk:eeaart:27_3_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fcvldes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.