Measuring Performance in Primary Care: Econometric Analysis and DEA
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, 2001. "Measuring performance in primary care: econometric analysis and DEA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 163-175.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giuffrida, Antonio & Gravelle, Hugh & Sutton, Matthew, 2000.
"Efficiency and administrative costs in primary care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 983-1006, November.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle & Matthew Sutton, "undated". "Efficiency and Administrative Costs in Primary Care," Discussion Papers 99/27, Department of Economics, University of York.
- David Whynes & Darrin Baines & Keith Tolley, 1997. "Prescribing costs in UK general practice: the impact of hard budget constraints," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 393-399.
- Bruce Hollingsworth & P.J. Dawson & N. Maniadakis, 1999. "Efficiency measurement of health care: a review of non‐parametric methods and applications," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 161-172, July.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 1993. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency: Techniques and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195072181.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle & Martin Rowland, 1998. "Performance indicators for primary care management in the NHS," Working Papers 160chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Miika Linna, 1998. "Measuring hospital cost efficiency with panel data models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 415-427.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Tulkens, Henry & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1995.
"Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 474-499, February.
- TULKENS, Henry & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Non-Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data : Methodological Aspects," CORE Discussion Papers 1993016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tulkens, H. & Vanden Eeckaut, P., 1995. "Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1132, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Vinod, H. D., 1976. "Canonical ridge and econometrics of joint production," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 147-166, May.
- Yasar Ozcan, 1998. "Physician benchmarking: measuring variation in practice behavior in treatment of otitis media," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 5-17, September.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Jon Chilingerian & H. David Sherman, 1997. "DEA and primary care physician report cards: Deriving preferred practice cones from managed care service concepts and operating strategies," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 35-66, October.
More about this item
Keywordsprimary care; efficiency measurement; DEA; stochastic frontier.;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-1999-12-14 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IND-1999-12-14 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:yorken:99/36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .