The effect of quality and socio-demographic variables on efficiency measures in primary health care
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagner, Janet M. & Shimshak, Daniel G. & Novak, Michael A., 2003. "Advances in physician profiling: the use of DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 141-163, June.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2009.
"Assessing The Performance Of The Public Sector,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 80(1), pages 133-161, March.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2007. "Assessing the performance of the public sector," CREPP Working Papers 0703, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2009. "Assessing The Performance Of The Public Sector," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00754387, HAL.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2009. "Assessing The Performance Of The Public Sector," Post-Print halshs-00754387, HAL.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2009. "Assessing the performance of the public sector," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2086, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128, October.
- Fried, Harold O. & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Eeckaut, Philippe Vanden, 1993.
"Evaluating the performance of US credit unions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 251-265, April.
- FRIED, Harold O. & LOVELL, C.A. Knox & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Evoluating the performance of the US credit unions," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Robert Rosenman & Daniel Friesner, 2004. "Scope and scale inefficiencies in physician practices," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(11), pages 1091-1116, November.
- Luis Murillo-Zamorano & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011.
"Technical efficiency in primary health care: does quality matter?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(2), pages 115-125, April.
- Murillo-Zamorano, Luis R. & Petraglia, C., 2008. "Technical efficiency in primary health care: does quality matter?," MPRA Paper 10725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Lukas Steinmann & Gunnar Dittrich & Alexander Karmann & Peter Zweifel, 2004. "Measuring and comparing the (in)efficiency of German and Swiss hospitals," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 5(3), pages 216-226, September.
- Johnson, Andrew L. & McGinnis, Leon F., 2008. "Outlier detection in two-stage semiparametric DEA models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(2), pages 629-635, June.
- Chen, Andrew & Hwang, Yuhchang & Shao, Benjamin, 2005. "Measurement and sources of overall and input inefficiencies: Evidences and implications in hospital services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 447-468, March.
- Shimshak, Daniel G. & Lenard, Melanie L. & Klimberg, Ronald K., 2009. "Incorporating quality into data envelopment analysis of nursing home performance: A case study," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 672-685, June.
- Hoff, Ayoe, 2007. "Second stage DEA: Comparison of approaches for modelling the DEA score," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 425-435, August.
- Kaoru Tone, 2001. "On Returns to Scale under Weight Restrictions in Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 31-47, July.
- Ruggiero, John, 2004. "Performance evaluation when non-discretionary factors correlate with technical efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 250-257, November.
- Yasar Ozcan, 1998. "Physician benchmarking: measuring variation in practice behavior in treatment of otitis media," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 5-17, September.
- Jon Chilingerian & H. David Sherman, 1997. "DEA and primary care physician report cards: Deriving preferred practice cones from managed care service concepts and operating strategies," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 35-66, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fengyi Lin & Yung-Jr Deng & Wen-Min Lu & Qian Long Kweh, 2019. "Impulse response function analysis of the impacts of hospital accreditations on hospital efficiency," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 394-409, September.
More about this item
KeywordsPrimary health care; Data envelopment analysis; Efficiency; Quality management; I12; C14;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eujhec:v:15:y:2014:i:3:p:289-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.