Non-discretionary and discretionary factors and scale in data envelopment analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruggiero, John, 1998. "Non-discretionary inputs in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 461-469, December.
- Per Agrell & Jørgen Tind, 2001. "A Dual Approach to Nonconvex Frontier Models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 129-147, September.
- C. Lovell & Shawna Grosskopf & Eduardo Ley & Jesús Pastor & Diego Prior & Philippe Eeckaut, 1994.
"Linear programming approaches to the measurement and analysis of productive efficiency,"
TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research,
Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 2(2), pages 175-248, December.
- Lovell, C.A.K., 1993. "Linear Programming Approaches to the Measurement and Analysis of Productive Efficiency," Papers 393e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Niels Christian Petersen, 1990. "Data Envelopment Analysis on a Relaxed Set of Assumptions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 305-314, March.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Peter Bogetoft, 1996. "DEA on Relaxed Convexity Assumptions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 457-465, March.
- Dyson, R. G. & Allen, R. & Camanho, A. S. & Podinovski, V. V. & Sarrico, C. S. & Shale, E. A., 2001. "Pitfalls and protocols in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 245-259, July.
- Golany, B & Roll, Y, 1989. "An application procedure for DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 237-250.
- Subhash C. Ray, 1991. "Resource-Use Efficiency in Public Schools: A Study of Connecticut Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(12), pages 1620-1628, December.
- Yu, Chunyan, 1998. "The effects of exogenous variables in efficiency measurement--A monte carlo study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 569-580, March.
- Fried, Harold O. & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Eeckaut, Philippe Vanden, 1993. "Evaluating the performance of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 251-265, April.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Ruggiero, John, 1996. "On the measurement of technical efficiency in the public sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 553-565, May.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Richard C. Morey, 1986. "The Use of Categorical Variables in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1613-1627, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Alireza Amirteimoori & Mahnaz Maghbouli & Sohrab Kordrostami, 2016. "Multi-dimensional Nondiscretionary Factors in Data Envelopment Analysis: A Slack-Based Measure," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 48(2), pages 211-223, August.
- Oliver Tiemann & Jonas Schreyögg, 2012.
"Changes in hospital efficiency after privatization,"
Health Care Management Science,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 310-326, December.
- Oliver Tiemann & Jonas Schreyögg, "undated". "Changes in Hospital Efficiency after Privatization," Working Papers 2011/02, Hamburg Center for Health Economics, University of Hamburg.
- Tiemann, Oliver & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2011. "Changes in hospital efficiency after privatization," hche Research Papers 2011/02, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Hsiang-Hsi Liu & Tser-Yieth Chen & Jia-Wen Chen, 2013. "Incorporating the Credit Ranking Measure to Evaluate the Operating Efficiency of Financial Holding Companies in Taiwan," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1386-1404, October.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:1:p:306-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu, Ming-Miin & Chern, Ching-Chin & Hsiao, Bo, 2013. "Human resource rightsizing using centralized data envelopment analysis: Evidence from Taiwan's Airports," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 119-130.
- Podinovski, Victor V. & Bouzdine-Chameeva, Tatiana, 2011. "The impossibility of convex constant returns-to-scale production technologies with exogenously fixed factors," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(1), pages 119-123, August.
- Hennebel, Veerle & Simper, Richard & Verschelde, Marijn, 2017.
"Is there a prison size dilemma? An empirical analysis of output-specific economies of scale,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 262(1), pages 306-321.
- Veerle Hennebel & Richard Simper & Marijn Verschelde, 2016. "Is there a prison size dilemma? An empirical analysis of output-specific economies of scale," Working Papers 2016-EQM-09, IESEG School of Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:158:y:2004:i:1:p:20-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.