Assessing the performance of the public sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pierre Pestieau, 2009. "Assessing The Performance Of The Public Sector," Post-Print halshs-00754387, HAL.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2009. "Assessing the performance of the public sector," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2086, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Gathon, H. -J. & Pestieau, P., 1995.
"Decomposing efficiency into its managerial and its regulatory components: The case of European railways,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 500-507, February.
- Gathon, H.-J. & Pestieau, P., 1995. "Decomposing efficiency into its managerial and its regulatory components: The case of European railways," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1133, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bernadette Biatour & Mathieu Lefebvre & Sergio Pereleman & Pierre Pestieau, 2005. "Faut-il un ou plusieurs indicateurs d'exclusion sociale?," CREPP Working Papers 0503, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & Bleichrodt, Han & Calonge, Samuel & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna & Hakkinen, Unto & Leu, Robert E., 1997. "Income-related inequalities in health: some international comparisons," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 93-112, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mathieu Lefebvre & Sergio Perelman & Pierre Pestieau, 2015. "Productivity and performance in the public sector," Working Papers of BETA 2015-15, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Mande Buafua, Patrick, 2015. "Efficiency of urban water supply in Sub-Saharan Africa: Do organization and regulation matter?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 13-22.
- Anna Montén & Christian Thater, 2011.
"Determinants of Efficiency in Child-Care Provision,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 67(4), pages 378-403, December.
- Anna MontÃ©n & Christian Thater, 2010. "Determinants of efficiency in child care provision," ifo Working Paper Series 83, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Carolin Fritzsche, 2018. "Analyzing the Efficiency of County Road Provision – Evidence from Eastern German Counties," ifo Working Paper Series 249, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Oliver Tiemann & Jonas Schreyögg, 2012.
"Changes in hospital efficiency after privatization,"
Health Care Management Science,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 310-326, December.
- Oliver Tiemann & Jonas Schreyögg, "undated". "Changes in Hospital Efficiency after Privatization," Working Papers 2011/02, Hamburg Center for Health Economics, University of Hamburg.
- Tiemann, Oliver & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2011. "Changes in hospital efficiency after privatization," hche Research Papers 2011/02, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Ludovico Carrino, 2016. "Data Versus Survey-based Normalisation in a Multidimensional Analysis of Social Inclusion," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 2(3), pages 305-345, November.
- Cahill, CatrÃona & Palcic, DÃ³nal & Reeves, Eoin, 2017. "Commercialisation and airport performance: The case of Ireland's DAA," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 155-163.
- José Cordero Ferrera & Eva Cebada & Luis Murillo Zamorano, 2014. "The effect of quality and socio-demographic variables on efficiency measures in primary health care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(3), pages 289-302, April.
- Gerlinde Verbist & Wim Van Lancker, 2016. "Horizontal and Vertical Equity Objectives of Child Benefit Systems: An Empirical Assessment for European Countries," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 1299-1318, September.
- Peeters, Marga, 2011. "Demographic pressure, excess labour supply and public-private sector employment in Egypt - Modelling labour supply to analyse the response of unemployment, public finances and welfare," MPRA Paper 31101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Economides & Apostolis Philippopoulos & Petros Varthalitis, 2015. "Incentives to Work and Performance in the Public Sector," CESifo Working Paper Series 5193, CESifo Group Munich.
- Economides, George & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2014. "Public, or private, providers of public goods? A dynamic general equilibrium study," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 303-327.
- Tiemann, Oliver & Schreyögg, Jonas & Busse, Reinhard, 2012. "Hospital ownership and efficiency: A review of studies with particular focus on Germany," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 163-171.
- repec:zbw:ifweej:201735 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iparraguirre, José Luis & Ma, Ruosi, 2015. "Efficiency in the provision of social care for older people. A three-stage Data Envelopment Analysis using self-reported quality of life," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 33-46.
- Onrubia-Fernández, Jorge & Fuentes, Antonio Jesús, 2017.
"How costly are public sector inefficiencies? A theoretical framework for rationalising fiscal consolidations,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 11, pages 1-19.
- Onrubia Fernández, Jorge & Sánchez, Antonio Jesús, 2017. "How costly are public sector inefficiencies? A theoretical framework for rationalising fiscal consolidations," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-47, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jorge Onrubia-Fernández & A. Jesús Sánchez-Fuentes, 2014. "How costly are the public sector ineffiencies? An integrated theoretical framework for its welfare assessment," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1407, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2007-04-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-PBE-2007-04-09 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpp:wpaper:0703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mathieu Lefebvre). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crulgbe.html .