Income-related inequalities in health: some international comparisons
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1991. "On the measurement of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 545-557, January.
- Lambert, Peter J & Pfahler, Wilhelm, 1992. "Income Tax Progression and Redistributive Effect: The Influence of Changes in the Pre-tax Income Distribution," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 47(1), pages 1-16.
- Lundberg, Olle, 1986. "Class and health: Comparing Britain and Sweden," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 511-517, January.
- Kunst, A.E. & Mackenbach, J.P., 1994. "The size of mortality differences associated with educational level in nine industrialized countries," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 84(6), pages 932-937.
- Lahelma, Eero & Valkonen, Tapani, 1990. "Health and social inequities in Finland and elsewhere," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 257-265, January.
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Paci, Pierella, 1989. "Equity in the Finance and Delivery of Health Care: Some Tentative Cross-country Comparisons," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 89-112, Spring.
- Anthony Atkinson & Timothy Smeeding & Lee Rainwater, 1994. "Income Distribution in European Countries," LIS Working papers 121, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Lahelma, Eero & Manderbacka, Kristiina & Rahkonen, Ossi & Karisto, Antti, 1994. "Comparisons of inequalities in health: Evidence from national surveys in Finland, Norway and Sweden," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 517-524, February.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Le Grand, Julian, 1987. "Inequalities in health : Some international comparisons," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 182-191.
- Bishop, John A & Formby, John P & Smith, W James, 1991.
"International Comparisons of Income Inequality: Tests for Lorenz Dominance across Nine Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 461-477, November.
- John Bishop & W. James Smith & John Formby, 1989. "International Comparisons of Income Inequality: Tests for Lorenz Dominance across Nine Countries," LIS Working papers 26, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1997. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: Measurement, computation, and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 87-103, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- I. Josa & A. Aguado, 2020. "Measuring Unidimensional Inequality: Practical Framework for the Choice of an Appropriate Measure," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 149(2), pages 541-570, June.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2004. "Overall versus socioeconomic health inequality: a measurement framework and two empirical illustrations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 297-301, March.
- Wiktoria Wróblewska, 2012. "Nierówności społeczne w stanie zdrowia w Polsce – analiza na podstawie samooceny stanu zdrowia oraz poziomu wykształcenia," Collegium of Economic Analysis Annals, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, issue 28, pages 65-84.
- H. Eme Ichoku & William Fonta & Michael Thiede, 2011. "Socioeconomic gradients in self-rated health: a developing country case study of Enugu State, Nigeria," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 179-202, August.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002.
"Inequality aversion, health inequalities and health achievement,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 627-641, July.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002. "Inequality aversion, health inequalities, and health achievement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2765, The World Bank.
- Hua, Xinyang & Erreygers, Guido & Chalmers, John & Laba, Tracey-Lea & Clarke, Philip, 2017. "Using administrative data to look at changes in the level and distribution of out-of-pocket medical expenditure: An example using Medicare data from Australia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(4), pages 426-433.
- William Joe & U. S. Mishra & K. Navaneetham, 2009. "Inequalities in Childhood Malnutrition in India: Some Evidence on Group Disparities," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 417-439.
- Tavares, Lara Patrício & Zantomio, Francesca, 2017.
"Inequity in healthcare use among older people after 2008: The case of southern European countries,"
Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(10), pages 1063-1071.
- Lara Tavares & Francesca Zantomio, 2017. "Inequity in healthcare use among older people after 2008: The case of Southern European Countries," Working Papers 2017:03, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Tavares, L.; Zantomio, F.;, 2017. "Inequity in healthcare use among older people after 2008: The case of Southern European Countries," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/06, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- John Bishop & K. Chow & John Formby & Chih-Chin Ho, 1997. "Did Tax Reform Reduce Actual US Progressivity? Evidence from the Taxpayer Compliance Measurement Program," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 4(2), pages 177-197, May.
- Kenya Valeria M. S. Noronha & M™nica Viegas Andrade, 2002. "Desigualdades sociais em saúde: evidências empíricas sobre o caso brasileiro," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td171, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Tom Van Ourti & Philip Clarke, 2008. "The Bias of the Gini Coefficient due to Grouping," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-095/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Chen, Zhuo & Roy, Kakoli, 2009. "Calculating concentration index with repetitive values of indicators of economic welfare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 169-175, January.
- Laura Rossouw & Hana Ross, 2021. "Understanding Period Poverty: Socio-Economic Inequalities in Menstrual Hygiene Management in Eight Low- and Middle-Income Countries," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 18(5), pages 1-14, March.
- Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra, 2016.
"Avoiding blindness to health status in health achievement and health inequality measurement,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 39-47.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2015. "Avoiding Blindness to Health Status in Health Achievement and Health Inequality Measurement," Discussion Papers Series 542, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Cahuana-Hurtado, Lucero & Sosa-Rubí, Sandra & Rubalcava-Peñafiel, Luis & Panopoulou, Panagiota & Rodriguez-Oliveros, Guadalupe, 2013. "Efectos heterogéneos en la demanda ante un impuesto al refresco en México [Will the poor and high consumers benefit more by obesity prevention fiscal policies? Evidence from Mexico]," MPRA Paper 61277, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2014.
- Zhong, Hai, 2009. "A multivariate analysis of the distribution of individual's welfare in China: What is the role of health?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1062-1070, December.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2017. "Robust rankings of socioeconomic health inequality using a categorical variable," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(9), pages 1132-1145, September.
- Nádia Simões & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira & Celeste A. Varum, 2016.
"Measurement and determinants of health poverty and richness: evidence from Portugal,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1331-1358, June.
- Nádia Simões & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira & Celeste A. Varum, 2013. "Measurement and Determinants of Health Poverty and Richness – Evidence from Portugal," Working Papers Series 2 13-08, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Lumme, Sonja & Sund, Reijo & Leyland, Alastair H. & Keskimäki, Ilmo, 2012. "Socioeconomic equity in amenable mortality in Finland 1992–2008," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(5), pages 905-913.
- Richard Layte & Brian Nolan, 2004.
"Equity in the Utilisation of Health Care in Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(2), pages 111-134.
- Layte, Richard & Nolan, Brian, 2003. "Equity in the Utilization of Health Care in Ireland," Papers HRBWP02, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:16:y:1997:i:1:p:93-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.