Analyzing the Efficiency of County Road Provision – Evidence from Eastern German Counties
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim Woodbury & Brian Dollery, 2004. "Efficiency Measurement in Australian Local Government: The Case of New South Wales Municipal Water Services," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 21(5), pages 615-636, September.
- Kraus, Marvin, 1981. "Scale economies analysis for urban highway networks," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-22, January.
- McGreer Edward & McMillan Melville L., 1993. "Public Output Demands from Alternative Congestion Functions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 95-114, January.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2009.
"Assessing The Performance Of The Public Sector,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 80(1), pages 133-161, March.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2007. "Assessing the performance of the public sector," CREPP Working Papers 0703, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2009. "Assessing The Performance Of The Public Sector," Post-Print halshs-00754387, HAL.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2009. "Assessing the performance of the public sector," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2086, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Deacon, Robert T, 1972. "The Demand for the Services of Non-Federal Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 891-901, December.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 2008. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency and Productivity Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183528.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," SESO Working Papers 1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2007.
"On the determinants of local government performance: A two-stage nonparametric approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 425-451, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2004. "On The Determinants Of Local Government Performance: A Two-Stage Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Anna Montén & Christian Thater, 2011.
"Determinants of Efficiency in Child-Care Provision,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 67(4), pages 378-403, December.
- Anna Montén & Christian Thater, 2010. "Determinants of efficiency in child care provision," ifo Working Paper Series 83, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Pommerehne, Werner W., 1978. "Institutional approaches to public expenditure : Empirical evidence from Swiss municipalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 255-280, April.
- Alexander Eck & Carolin Fritzsche & Jan Kluge & Joachim Ragnitz & Felix Rösel, 2015. "Analyse der finanzkraftbestimmenden Rahmenbedingungen und strukturellen Spezifika ostdeutscher Flächenländer," ifo Dresden Studien, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 76, February.
- Valdmanis, Vivian, 1992. "Sensitivity analysis for DEA models : An empirical example using public vs. NFP hospitals," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 185-205, July.
- Rexford E. Santerre, 1985. "Spatial Differences in the Demands for Local Public Goods," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 119-128.
- Joaquin Maudos & Jose Pastor & Francisco Perez, 2002. "Competition and efficiency in the Spanish banking sector: the importance of specialization," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(7), pages 505-516.
- Kristof De Witte & Mika Kortelainen, 2013. "What explains the performance of students in a heterogeneous environment? Conditional efficiency estimation with continuous and discrete environmental variables," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(17), pages 2401-2412, June.
- George E. Battese & Greg S. Corra, 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 169-179, December.
- Steven C. Deller & John M. Halstead, 1994. "Efficiency in the Production of Rural Road Services: The Case of New England Towns," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 247-259.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 1-11, December.
- Steven C. Deller & Carl H. Nelson, 1991. "Measuring the Economic Efficiency of Producing Rural Road Services," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(1), pages 194-201.
- Alexander Kalb, 2014. "What Determines Local Governments' Cost-efficiency? The Case of Road Maintenance," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(9), pages 1483-1498, September.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
More about this item
KeywordsDEA; technical efficiency; public services; roads.;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2018-02-19 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRE-2018-02-19 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2018-02-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ifowps:_249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifooode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.