Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2004. "Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies," CEPE Working paper series 04-32, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2002.
"What Does "Privatization" Do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina's and Brazil's Railways,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1885-1897, November.
- Estache, Antonio & González, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2002. "What does “Privatization” do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina and Brazil’s Railways," Efficiency Series Papers 2002/10, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Antonio Estache & Marianela Gonzalez & Lourdes Trujillo, 2002. "What Does Privatization Do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina's and Brazil's Railways," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43980, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2005. "Unobserved heterogeneity in stochastic cost frontier models: an application to Swiss nursing homes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(18), pages 2127-2141.
- Bill Greene with Antonio Alvarez (Univ. of Oviedo) & Carlos Arias (Univ. of Leon), 2004.
"Accounting For Unobservables In Production Models: Management And Inefficiency,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
341, Econometric Society.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos & Greene, William, 2005. "Accounting for Unobservables in Production Models: Management and Inefficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/07, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Antonio Álvarez & Carlos Arias & William Greene, 2004. "Accounting for unobservables in production models:management and inefficiency," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/72, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Massimo Filippini & Paola Prioni, 2003. "The influence of ownership on the cost of bus service provision in Switzerland - an empirical illustration," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 683-690.
- Pedro Cantos & José Pastor & Lorenzo Serrano, 1999. "Productivity, efficiency and technical change in the European railways: A non-parametric approach," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 337-357, November.
- Filippini, Massimo & Maggi, Rico, 1993. "Efficiency and Regulation in the Case of the Swiss Private Railways," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 199-216, June.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Mancuso, Paolo & Reverberi, Pierfrancesco, 2003. "Operating costs and market organization in railway services. The case of Italy, 1980-1995," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 43-61, January.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2006.
"Cost Efficiency in Regional Bus Companies: An Application of Alternative Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 40(1), pages 95-118, January.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in Regional Bus Companies: An Application of Alternative Stochastic Frontier Models," CEPE Working paper series 04-33, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Jara-Díaz, Sergio R. & Basso, Leonardo J., 2003. "Transport cost functions, network expansion and economies of scope," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 271-288, July.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Banos-Pino, Jose & Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana, 2002. "The allocative efficiency measure by means of a distance function: The case of Spanish public railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 191-205, February.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
More about this item
Keywordscost efficiency; incentive regulation; railroads; scale economies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:28:y:2005:i:1:p:69-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.