Accounting For Unobservables In Production Models: Management And Inefficiency
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Antonio Álvarez & Carlos Arias & William Greene, 2004. "Accounting for unobservables in production models:management and inefficiency," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/72, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos & Greene, William, 2005. "Accounting for Unobservables in Production Models: Management and Inefficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/07, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
References listed on IDEAS
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318, Elsevier.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2002.
"Stochastic frontier models with random coefficients,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 127-147.
- Tsionas, E.G., 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Models with Random Coefficients," Athens University of Economics and Business 130, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Antonio Alvarez & Carlos Arias, 2003. "Diseconomies of Size with Fixed Managerial Ability," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 134-142.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Yair Mundlak, 1961. "Empirical Production Function Free of Management Bias," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 43(1), pages 44-56.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387.
- Zvi Griliches, 1957. "Specification Bias in Estimates of Production Functions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 8-20.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo, 2009.
"An analysis of cost efficiency in Swiss multi-utilities,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 306-315, March.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2008. "An Analysis of Cost-Efficiency in Swiss Multi-utilities," CEPE Working paper series 08-60, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- William Horrace & Seth Richards-Shubik & Ian Wright, 2015.
"Expected efficiency ranks from parametric stochastic frontier models,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 829-848, March.
- William Horrace & Seth Richards-Shubik, 2013. "Expected Efficiency Ranks From Parametric Stochastic Fronteir Models," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 153, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Orea, Luis, 2019. "The Econometric Measurement of Firms’ Efficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2019/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2006.
"Application Of Panel Data Models In Benchmarking Analysis Of The Electricity Distribution Sector,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 77(3), pages 271-290, September.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2005. "Application of Panel Data Models in Benchmarking Analysis of the Electrivity Distribution Sector," CEPE Working paper series 05-39, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Eduardo Fé & Richard Hofler, 2013.
"Count data stochastic frontier models, with an application to the patents–R&D relationship,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 271-284, June.
- Eduardo Fé-Rodríguez & Richard Hofler, 2009. "Count Data Stochastic Frontier Models, with an application to the patents-R&D Relationship," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0916, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo & Kuenzle, Michael, 2007.
"Cost efficiency in the Swiss gas distribution sector,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 64-78, January.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in the Swiss Gas Distribution Sector," CEPE Working paper series 04-36, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Antti Saastamoinen, 2015. "Heteroscedasticity Or Production Risk? A Synthetic View," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 459-478, July.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2011. "Managerial performance and cost efficiency of Japanese local public hospitals: A latent class stochastic frontier model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(S1), pages 19-34, September.
- Alvarez, Antonio & del Corral, Julio, 2006. "Modeling Regional Heterogeneity with Panel Data: Application to Spanish Provinces," Efficiency Series Papers 2006/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Pontus Mattsson & Jonas Mansson & William H. Greene, 2018. "TFP Change and its Components for Swedish Manufacturing Firms During the 2008-2009 Financial Crisis," Working Papers 18-27, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Li, Hong-Zhou & Kopsakangas-Savolainen, Maria & Xiao, Xing-Zhi & Tian, Zhen-Zhen & Yang, Xiao-Yuan & Wang, Jian-Lin, 2016. "Cost efficiency of electric grid utilities in China: A comparison of estimates from SFA–MLE, SFA–Bayes and StoNED–CNLS," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 272-283.
- Adugna Lemi & Ian Wright, 2020. "Exports, foreign ownership, and firm-level efficiency in Ethiopia and Kenya: an application of the stochastic frontier model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 669-698, February.
- Federico Belotti & Silvio Daidone & Giuseppe Ilardi & Vincenzo Atella, 2013. "Stochastic frontier analysis using Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(4), pages 718-758, December.
- Glass, Anthony J. & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Ajayi, Victor & Adetutu, Morakinyo & Sickles, Robin C., 2016.
"Relative Winners and Losers from Efficiency Spillovers in Africa with Policy Implications for Regional Integration,"
16-003, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Anthony J. Glass & Karligash Kenjegalieva & Victor Ajayi & Morakinyo Adetutu & Robin C. Sickles, 2017. "Relative Winners and Losers from Efficiency Spillovers in Africa with Policy Implications for Regional Integration," NBS Discussion Papers in Economics 2017/01, Economics, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University.
- Lajos BarÃ¡th & Imre FertÅ‘ & Å tefan Bojnec, 2018. "Are farms in less favored areas less efficient?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(1), pages 3-12, January.
- Cullmann, Astrid & Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini Massimo, 2009.
"Unobserved Heterogeneity and International Benchmarking in Public Trasport,"
Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano
0904, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Astrid Cullman & Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2009. "Unobserved Heterogeneity and International Benchmarking in Public Transport," CEPE Working paper series 09-65, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Astrid Cullmann & Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2009. "Unobserved Heterogeneity and International Benchmarking in Public Transport," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 960, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Massimo Filippini & Mehdi Farsi & Marie-Anne Plagnet & Roxana Saplacan, 2010. "Unobserved Heterogeneity and International Benchmarking in Public Transport," CEPE Working paper series 10-73, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Thomas Triebs & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012. "Management Practice in Production," ifo Working Paper Series 129, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Federico Belotti & Giuseppe Ilardi & Andrea Piano Mortari, 2019. "Estimation of Stochastic Frontier Panel Data Models with Spatial Inefficiency," CEIS Research Paper 459, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 30 May 2019.
- Glass, Anthony J. & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Sickles, Robin C. & Weyman-Jones, Thomas, 2018. "The Spatial Efficiency Multiplier and Common Correlated Effects in a Spatial Autoregressive Stochastic Frontier Model," Working Papers 18-003, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Sickles, Robin C. & Song, Wonho & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2018.
"Econometric Analysis of Productivity: Theory and Implementation in R,"
18-008, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Robin C. Sickles & Wonho Song & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Econometric Analysis of Productivity: Theory and Implementation in R," CEPA Working Papers Series WP082018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
More about this item
Keywordsproduction; technical efficiency; translog production function;
All these keywords.
- A - General Economics and Teaching
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:ausm04:341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.