What Does "Privatization" Do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina's and Brazil's Railways
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Antonio Estache & Marianela Gonzalez & Lourdes Trujillo, 2002. "What Does Privatization Do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina's and Brazil's Railways," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43980, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & González, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2002. "What does “Privatization” do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina and Brazil’s Railways," Efficiency Series Papers 2002/10, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Estache, 2001. "Privatization and Regulation of Transport Infrastructure in the 1990s'," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43998, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rebelo, Jorge M., 1999. "Reforming the urban transport sector in the Rio de Janeiro metropolitan region - a case study in concessions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2096, The World Bank.
- Javier Campos, 2013. "Air transport," Chapters,in: Regulating Transport in Europe, chapter 2, pages 36-60 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Campos-Mendez, Javier & Estache, Antonio & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2001. "Processes, information, and accounting gaps in the regulation of Argentina's private railways," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2636, The World Bank.
- Campos, J., 2001. "Lessons from railway reforms in Brazil and Mexico," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 85-95, April.
- Trujillo, Lourdes & Quinet, Emile & Estache, Antonio, 2002.
"Dealing with demand forecasting games in transport privatization,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 325-334, October.
- Antonio Estache & Lourdes Trujillo & E. Quinet, 2002. "Dealing with Demand Forecasting Games in Transport Privatization," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43981, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Ramamurti, Ravi, 1997. "Testing the limits of privatization: Argentine railroads," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1973-1993, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bogart, Dan & Chaudhary, Latika, 2015.
"Off the rails: Is state ownership bad for productivity?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 997-1013.
- Dan Bogart & Latika Chaudhary, 2013. "Off the Rails: Is State Ownership Bad for Productivity?," Working Papers 131401, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2015.
- World Bank, 2007. "How to Revitalize Infrastructure Investments in Brazil : Public Policies for Better Private Participation, Volume 2. Background Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8045, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2006. "Infrastructure Reform in Developing Economies: Evidence from a survey of efficiency measures," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44062, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2005.
"Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 69-90, July.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2004. "Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies," CEPE Working paper series 04-32, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:745-768 is not listed on IDEAS
- Estache, Antonio & Serebrisky, Tomas, 2004.
"Where do we stand on transport infrastructure deregulation and public-private partnership?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3356, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Tomas Serebrisky, 2004. "Where do We Stand on Transport Infrastructure Deregulation and Public-Private Partnerships?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44096, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Jose-Luis Guasch & Atsushi Iimi & Lourdes Trujillo, 2009.
"Multidimensionality and Renegotiation: Evidence from Transport-Sector Public-Private-Partnership Transactions in Latin America,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(1), pages 41-71, September.
- Estache, Antonio & Guasch, Jose-Luis & Iimi, Atsushi & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2008. "Multidimensionality and renegotiation : evidence from transport-sector public-private-partnership transactions in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4665, The World Bank.
- Ronaldo Seroa da Motta & Ajax R. B. Moreira, 2015. "Efficiency and Regulation in the Sanitation Sector in Brazil," Discussion Papers 0139, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Ghulam, Yaseen & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2015. "Efficiency and productivity of the cement industry: Pakistani experience of deregulation and privatisation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 101-115.
- Ronaldo Seroa da Motta & Ajax R.B. Moreira, 2004. "Efficiency and Regulation in the Sanitation Sector in Brazil," Discussion Papers 1059, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Panagiotis Staikouras, 2004. "Structural Reform Policy: Privatisation and Beyond—The Case of Greece," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 373-398, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:11:p:1885-1897. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.