Evaluating the impact of decision making during construction on transport project outcome
Decisions made during the project construction phase may bear considerable impacts on the success of transport projects and undermine the ex-ante project evaluation. An innovative and holistic approach has been taken to assess and address this issue by (a) examining the decision process and procedure during project construction, through a field survey, (b) assessing the impact of decisions made during construction on respective transport project and, finally, (c) developing a quality monitoring framework model which links decisions made during the project implementation (construction) phase with the ex-ante and ex-post project evaluations. The framework model is proposed as a guiding and support tool for decision makers.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Short, Jack & Kopp, Andreas, 2005. "Transport infrastructure: Investment and planning. Policy and research aspects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 360-367, July.
- Vickerman, R., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies for transport projects in the United Kingdom," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 7-16, January.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 1999. "Unforeseen Contingencies and Incomplete Contracts," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 83-114, January.
- Antonio Estache, 2001. "Privatization and Regulation of Transport Infrastructure in the 1990s'," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43998, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michael Spackman, 2004. "Time discounting and of the cost of capital in government," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 25(4), pages 467-518, December.
- Lee, D. B., 2000. "Methods for evaluation of transportation projects in the USA," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 41-50, January.
- Morisugi, H., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies of transportation projects in Japan," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 35-40, January.
- C. D. Foster, 2001. "Michael Beesley and Cost Benefit Analysis," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 35(1), pages 3-30, January.
- Antonio Estache & Lourdes Trujillo & E. Quinet, 2002.
"Dealing with Demand Forecasting Games in Transport Privatization,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/43981, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Trujillo, Lourdes & Quinet, Emile & Estache, Antonio, 2002. "Dealing with demand forecasting games in transport privatization," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 325-334, October.
- Thomas Gunton, 2003. "Megaprojects and Regional Development: Pathologies in Project Planning," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 505-519.
- Nakamura, H., 2000. "The economic evaluation of transport infrastructure: needs for international comparisons," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 3-6, January.
- Anderlini, Luca & Felli, Leonardo, 2004.
"Bounded rationality and incomplete contracts,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 3-30, March.
- Luca Anderlini & Leonardo Felli, 2000. "Bounded Rationality and Incomplete Contracts," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 407, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Luca Anderlini & Leonardo Felli, 2000. "Bounded rationality and incomplete contracts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3582, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anguera, Ricard, 2006. "The Channel Tunnel--an ex post economic evaluation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 291-315, May.
- Jan Anne Annema & Carl Koopmans & Bert Van Wee, 2006. "Evaluating Transport Infrastructure Investments: The Dutch Experience with a Standardized Approach," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 125-150, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:epplan:v:32:y:2009:i:4:p:369-380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.