A qualitative model for road investment appraisal
Recent research in transport appraisal has been predominantly performed by using quantitative linear additive methods such as AHP and MAUT. This paper presents a qualitative model for road investment appraisal based on the DEX method. Qualitative modelling and ability to handle inaccurate and/or incomplete data about options make the DEX method particularly well suited for decision problems involving qualitative concepts and a great deal of expert judgement as is the case in the field of transport. Introduced is a novel and practical way of road appraisal based on the road appraisal framework aimed to support transport policy development in Slovenia.
Volume (Year): 15 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tsamboulas, Dimitrios A., 2007. "A tool for prioritizing multinational transport infrastructure investments," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-26, January.
- Quinet, E., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies of transportation projects in France," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 27-34, January.
- Rothengatter, W., 2000. "Evaluation of infrastructure investments in Germany," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 17-25, January.
- Morisugi, H., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies of transportation projects in Japan," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 35-40, January.
- Lee, D. B., 2000. "Methods for evaluation of transportation projects in the USA," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 41-50, January.
- Smal, Kenneth A., 1998. "Project Evaluation," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3ff1w6pr, University of California Transportation Center.
- Sayers, T. M. & Jessop, A. T. & Hills, P. J., 2003. "Multi-criteria evaluation of transport options--flexible, transparent and user-friendly?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 95-105, April.
- Vickerman, R., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies for transport projects in the United Kingdom," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 7-16, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:15:y:2008:i:4:p:225-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.