Multidimensionality and Renegotiation: Evidence from Transport-Sector Public-Private-Partnership Transactions in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Estache, Antonio & Guasch, Jose-Luis & Iimi, Atsushi & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2008. "Multidimensionality and renegotiation : evidence from transport-sector public-private-partnership transactions in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4665, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bajari, Patrick & Tadelis, Steven, 2001.
"Incentives versus Transaction Costs: A Theory of Procurement Contracts,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 387-407, Autumn.
- Patrick Bajari & Steven Tadelis, 1999. "Incentives versus Transaction Costs: A Theory of Procurement Contracts," Working Papers 99029, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Guasch, J. Luis & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Straub, Stéphane, 2008. "Renegotiation of concession contracts in Latin America: Evidence from the water and transport sectors," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 421-442, March.
- repec:bpj:rneart:v:4:y:2005:i:3:p:220-242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Torta, Fabio, 2005. "The Concession Through a Bid - the New Brescia-Milan Highway: a Case Study," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 135-143, January.
- Cripps, Martin & Ireland, Norman, 1994. "The Design of Auctions and Tenders with Quality Thresholds: The Symmetric Case," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 316-326, March.
- Andersson, Per & Hultén, Staffan & Valiente, Pablo, 2005. "Beauty contest licensing lessons from the 3G process in Sweden," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 577-593, September.
- Krishna, Vijay, 2009. "Auction Theory," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123745071.
- Benitez Daniel & Estache Antonio, 2005.
"How Concentrated are Global Infrastructure Markets?,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-23, September.
- Benitez, Daniel & Estache, Antonio, 2005. "How concentrated are global infrastructure markets?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3513, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & D. Benitez, 2005. "How concentrated are global infrastructure markets?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43970, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- J. Luis Guasch & Jean-Jacques Laffont & Stéphane Straub, 2007.
"Concessions of infrastructure in Latin America: Government-led renegotiation,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1267-1294.
- J. Luis Guasch & Jean-Jacques Laffont & Stephane Straub, 2005. "Concessions of Infrastructure in Latin America: Government-led Renegotiation," ESE Discussion Papers 132, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Guasch, Jose Luis & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Straub, Stéphane, 2005. "Concessions of Infrastructure in Latin America: Goverment-Led Renegotiation," IDEI Working Papers 372, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Kerf, M. & Gray, R.D. & Irwin, T. & Levesque, C. & Taylor, R.R. & Klein, M., 1998. "Concessions for Infrastructure. A Guide to their Design and Award," Papers 399, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- J. Luis Guasch, 2004. "Granting and Renegotiating Infrastructure Concessions : Doing it Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15024, June.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2007.
"Policy and planning for large-infrastructure projects: problems, causes, cures,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(4), pages 578-597, July.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2007. "Policy and Planning for Large-Infrastructure Projects: Problems, Causes, Cures," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 34(4), pages 578-597, August.
- Flyvbjerg, Bent, 2005. "Policy and planning for large infrastructure projects : problems, causes, cures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3781, The World Bank.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2013. "Policy and Planning for Large Infrastructure Projects: Problems, Causes, Cures," Papers 1303.7400, arXiv.org.
- Cabizza, Mariella M. & De Fraja, Gianni, 1998. "Quality considerations in auctions for television franchises," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 9-22, March.
- Lalive, Rafael & Schmutzler, Armin, 2008.
"Exploring the effects of competition for railway markets,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 443-458, March.
- Rafael Lalive & Armin Schmutzler, 2005. "Exploring the Effects of Competition for Railway Markets," SOI - Working Papers 0511, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Apr 2007.
- Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2002.
"What Does "Privatization" Do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina's and Brazil's Railways,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1885-1897, November.
- Estache, Antonio & González, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2002. "What does “Privatization” do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina and Brazil’s Railways," Efficiency Series Papers 2002/10, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Antonio Estache & Marianela Gonzalez & Lourdes Trujillo, 2002. "What Does Privatization Do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina's and Brazil's Railways," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43980, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Birdsall, Nancy & Nellis, John, 2003. "Winners and Losers: Assessing the Distributional Impact of Privatization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1617-1633, October.
- Steven Tadelis, 2009.
"Auctions Versus Negotiations in Procurement: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 372-399, October.
- Patrick Bajari & Robert McMillan & Steven Tadelis, "undated". "Auctions versus Negotiations in Procurement: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 02007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Patrick Bajari & Robert S. McMillan & Steve Tadelis, 2003. "Auctions Versus Negotiations in Procurement: An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 9757, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aline Coudouel & Stefano Paternostro, 2005. "Analyzing the Distributional Impact of Reforms : A Practioner's Guide to Trade, Monetary and Exchange Rate Policy, Utility Provision, Agricultural Markets, Land Policy and Education, Volume 1," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7251, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 2015. "Soft Budgets and Renegotiations in Public-Private Partnerships:Theory and Evidence," Working Papers wp408, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00512813 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eshien Chong & Carine Staropoli & Anne Yvrande-Billon, 2014. "Auction versus Negotiation in Public Procurement: Looking for Empirical Evidence," Post-Print hal-00512813, HAL.
- Albano, Gian Luigi & Cesi, Berardino & Iozzi, Alberto, 2017. "Public procurement with unverifiable quality: The case for discriminatory competitive procedures," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 14-26.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 2015. "Soft Budgets and Renegotiations in Public-Private Partnerships: Theory and Evidence," Documentos de Trabajo 317, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Moore, Alexander, 2012. "Infrastructure in developing countries: An overview of some economic issues," Discussion Papers 123305, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2011.
"The Theory of Incentives Applied to the Transport Sector,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 29
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2009. "The Theory of Incentives Applied to the Transport Sector," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/210, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2009. "The Theory of Incentives Applied to the Transport Sector," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 09-04, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Percoco, Marco, 2014. "Quality of institutions and private participation in transport infrastructure investment: Evidence from developing countries," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 50-58.
- Miguel Vazquez & Michelle Hallack, 2017. "Efficiency versus transaction costs in multidimensional auctions: the case of Brazilian oil and gas lease auctions," IEFE Working Papers 94, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Domingues, Sérgio & Sarmento, Joaquim Miranda, 2016. "Critical renegotiation triggers of European transport concessions," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 82-91.
- Estache, Antonio & Iimi, Atsushi, 2009.
"Auctions with endogenous participation and quality thresholds : evidence from ODA infrastructure procurement,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4853, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & A. Iimi, 2009. "Auctions with Endogenous Participation and Quality Thresholds: Evidence from ODA Infrastructure Procurement," Working Papers ECARES 2009_006, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Baldi, Simona & Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Piccardo, Chiara, 2016. "To bid or not to bid: That is the question: Public procurement, project complexity and corruption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 89-106.
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; Governance; Infrastructure development; Multidimensional auctions; Private sector participation; D44; H44;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- H44 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Goods: Mixed Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:35:y:2009:i:1:p:41-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .