Comparative Efficiency Assessment of Primary Care Models Using Data Envelopment Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagner, Janet M. & Shimshak, Daniel G. & Novak, Michael A., 2003. "Advances in physician profiling: the use of DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 141-163, June.
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M., 1998.
"Contracting for health services when patient demand does not reflect quality,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1995. "Contracting for health services when patient demand does not reflect quality," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9514, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Sisira Sarma & Rose Anne Devlin & William Hogg, 2010. "Physician's production of primary care in Ontario, Canada," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 14-30.
- Newhouse, Joseph P., 1984. "Cream skimming, asymmetric information, and a competitive insurance market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 97-100, April.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Linna, Miika & Nordblad, Anne & Koivu, Matti, 2003. "Technical and cost efficiency of oral health care provision in Finnish health centres," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 343-353.
- McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Physician agency," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 461-536 Elsevier.
- Allen, Robin & Gertler, Paul J, 1991. "Regulation and the Provision of Quality to Heterogenous Consumers: The Case of Prospective Pricing of Medical Services," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 361-375, December.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, 2001.
"Measuring performance in primary care: econometric analysis and DEA,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 163-175.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, "undated". "Measuring Performance in Primary Care: Econometric Analysis and DEA," Discussion Papers 99/36, Department of Economics, University of York.
- David Dranove, 1987. "Rate-Setting by Diagnosis Related Groups and Hospital Specialization," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 417-427.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1993. "Supply-Side and Demand-Side Cost Sharing in Health Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 135-151, Fall.
- Sorensen, Rune J. & Grytten, Jostein, 2003. "Service production and contract choice in primary physician services," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 73-93, October.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
- Robert Rosenman & Daniel Friesner, 2004. "Scope and scale inefficiencies in physician practices," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(11), pages 1091-1116.
- Ma, Ching-to Albert, 1994.
"Health Care Payment Systems: Cost and Quality Incentives,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 93-112.
- Ching-to Albert Ma, 1994. "Health Care Payment Systems: Cost and Quality Incentives," Papers 0047, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Pauly, Mark V., 1984. "Is cream-skimming a problem for the competitive medical market?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 87-95, April.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1986. "Provider behavior under prospective reimbursement : Cost sharing and supply," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 129-151, June.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Devlin, Rose Anne & Sarma, Sisira, 2008. "Do physician remuneration schemes matter? The case of Canadian family physicians," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1168-1181, September.
- Jack, William, 2005.
"Purchasing health care services from providers with unknown altruism,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 73-93, January.
- Billy Jack, 2001. "Purchasing Health Care Services from Providers with Unknown Altruism," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-13, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- McDonald, James Ted & Kennedy, Steven, 2004. "Insights into the 'healthy immigrant effect': health status and health service use of immigrants to Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1613-1627.
- Izabela Jelovac, 2001. "Physicians' payment contracts, treatment decisions and diagnosis accuracy," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 9-25.
- Stephan, Paula E., 2010.
"The Economics of Science,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1996. "Reimbursing Health Plans and Health Providers: Efficiency in Production versus Selection," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 1236-1263.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. C. Gouveia & L. C. Dias & C. H. Antunes & M. A. Mota & E. M. Duarte & E. M. Tenreiro, 2016. "An application of value-based DEA to identify the best practices in primary health care," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 38(3), pages 743-767, July.
- Maude Laberge & Walter P. Wodchis & Jan Barnsley & Audrey Laporte, 2016. "Efficiency of Ontario primary care physicians across payment models: a stochastic frontier analysis," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-10, December.
More about this item
KeywordsProductive Efficiency; DEA; Primary Health Care;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ott:wpaper:0802e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Ritchot). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deottca.html .