Is cream-skimming a problem for the competitive medical market?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mathias Kifmann, 2006.
"Risk selection and complementary health insurance: The Swiss approach,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 151-170, June.
- Kifmann, Mathias, 2005. "Risk Selection and Complementary Health Insurance: The Swiss Approach," Discussion Papers, Series I 328, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Höppner, Karin & Greß, Stefan & Rothgang, Heinz & Wasem, Jürgen & Braun, Bernard & Buitkamp, Martin, 2005. "Grenzen und Dysfunktionalitäten des Kassenwettbewerbs in der GKV: Theorie und Empirie der Risikolektion in Deutschland," Working papers of the ZeS 04/2005, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- Thomas G. McGuire & Jacob Glazer, 2000. "Optimal Risk Adjustment in Markets with Adverse Selection: An Application to Managed Care," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1055-1071, September.
- Kifmann, Mathias, 2002. "Community rating in health insurance and different benefit packages," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 719-737, September.
- Marcelo Resende & Rodrigo Zeidan, 2010. "Adverse selection in the health insurance market: some empirical evidence," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(4), pages 413-418, August.
- Ronald Eduardo Gómez Suárez, 2007. "Cream-Skimming And Risk Adjustment in Colombian Health Insurance System:: The Public Insurer Case," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 004295, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Stefan Felder, 2006. "Risk Adjustment Schemes in Social Health Insurance: Adjusting for Cost Differences Between Insurance Plans," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(4), pages 500-515, February.
- M. Kate Bundorf, 2003. "The Effects of Offering Health Plan Choice within Employment-Based Purchasing Groups," NBER Working Papers 9996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christine Arentz, 2012. "Auswirkungen von Gentests in der Krankenversicherung," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 04/2012, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Reiner Leidl, 2008. "A model to decompose the performance of supplementary private health insurance markets," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 193-208, September.
- van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & van Vliet, ReneC. J. A., 1995. "Consumer information surplus and adverse selection in competitive health insurance markets: An empirical study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 149-169, June.
- Neudeck, Werner & Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Adverse selection and regulation in health insurance markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 387-408, August.
- van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & Schut, Frederik T. & van Barneveld, Erik M., 2000. "Access to coverage for high-risks in a competitive individual health insurance market: via premium rate restrictions or risk-adjusted premium subsidies?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 311-339, May.
- Olga Milliken & Rose Anne Devlin & Vicky Barham & William Hogg & Simone Dahrouge & Grant Russell, 2008. "Comparative Efficiency Assessment of Primary Care Models Using Data Envelopment Analysis," Working Papers 0802E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- van Barneveld, Erik M. & Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2001. "Risk sharing as a supplement to imperfect capitation: a tradeoff between selection and efficiency," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 147-168, March.
- Bauhoff, Sebastian, 2012. "Do health plans risk-select? An audit study on Germany's Social Health Insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 750-759.
- Agnès Couffinhal, 2000. "De l'antisélection à la sélection en assurance santé : pour un changement de perspective," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 142(1), pages 101-121.
- Laurence C. Baker & Kenneth S. Corts, 1995. "The Effects of HMOs on Conventional Insurance Premiums: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5356, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mathias Kifmann, 1999. "Community rating and choice between traditional health insurance and managed care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 563-578.
- Castano, Ramon & Zambrano, Andres, 2006.
"Biased selection within the social health insurance market in Colombia,"
Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 313-324, December.
- Ramón Abel Castaño & Andrés Zambrano, 2005. "Biased selection within the social health insurance market in Colombia," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÓN 002063, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:3:y:1984:i:1:p:87-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.