Biased selection within the social health insurance market in Colombia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Castano, Ramon & Zambrano, Andres, 2006. "Biased selection within the social health insurance market in Colombia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 313-324, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crossley, Thomas F. & Kennedy, Steven, 2002. "The reliability of self-assessed health status," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 643-658, July.
- Amir Shmueli, 2001. "The effect of health on acute care supplemental insurance ownership: an empirical analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 341-350.
- van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Beck, Konstantin & Buchner, Florian & Chernichovsky, Dov & Gardiol, Lucien & Holly, Alberto & Lamers, Leida M. & Schokkaert, Erik & Shmueli, Amir & Spycher, Stephan & Van, 2003. "Risk adjustment and risk selection on the sickness fund insurance market in five European countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 75-98, July.
- Londono, Juan-Luis & Frenk, Julio, 1997. "Structured pluralism: towards an innovative model for health system reform in Latin America," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-36, July.
- Pauly, Mark V., 1984. "Is cream-skimming a problem for the competitive medical market?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 87-95, April.
- Doorslaer, Eddy van & Jones, Andrew M., 2003. "Inequalities in self-reported health: validation of a new approach to measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-87, January.
- Antonio J. Trujillo & Dawn C. McCalla, 2004. "Are Colombian sickness funds cream skimming enrollees? An analysis with suggestions for policy improvement," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 873-888.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronald Eduardo Gómez Suárez, 2007. "Cream-Skimming And Risk Adjustment in Colombian Health Insurance System:: The Public Insurer Case," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 004295, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Alvaro J. Riascos & Mauricio Romero & Natalia Serna, 2017. "Risk Adjustment Revisited using Machine Learning Techniques," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 015601, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Álvaro Riascos & Eduardo Alfonso & Mauricio Romero, 2014. "The Performance of Risk Adjustment Models in Colombian Competitive Health Insurance Market," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 012062, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Alejandro Arrieta & Ariadna García Prado & Giota Panopoulou, 2012. "Enrolling the Self-Employed in Mandatory Health Insurance in Colombia: are we missing other factors?," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1213, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Health Insurance; Biased Selection; Market-based reforms; Colombia;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000091:002063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.