How much should be paid for specialised treatment?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Street, Andrew & Sivey, Peter & Mason, Anne & Miraldo, Marisa & Siciliani, Luigi, 2010. "Are English treatment centres treating less complex patients?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 150-157, February.
- Mark McClellan, 1997. "Hospital Reimbursement Incentives: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 91-128, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Street, Andrew & Maynard, Alan, 2007. "Activity based financing in England: the need for continual refinement of payment by results," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 419-427, October.
- Jeffrey E. Harris, 1977. "The Internal Organization of Hospitals: Some Economic Implications," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 467-482, Autumn.
- Barro, Jason R. & Huckman, Robert S. & Kessler, Daniel P., 2006.
"The effects of cardiac specialty hospitals on the cost and quality of medical care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 702-721, July.
- Jason R. Barro & Robert S. Huckman & Daniel P. Kessler, 2005. "The Effects of Cardiac Specialty Hospitals on the Cost and Quality of Medical Care," NBER Working Papers 11707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brigitte Dormont & Carine Milcent, 2005.
"How to Regulate Heterogeneous Hospitals?,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 591-621, September.
- Brigitte Dormont, 2003. "How to Regulate Heterogeneous Hospistals," THEMA Working Papers 2003-11, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Carine Milcent & Brigitte Dormont, 2005. "How to regulate heterogeneous hospitals," Post-Print halshs-00754065, HAL.
- Brigitte Dormont & Carine Milcent, 2003. "How to regulate heterogenous hospitals?," DELTA Working Papers 2003-19, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Adriana Castelli & Mauro Laudicella & Andrew Street, 2008. "Measuring NHS Output Growth," Working Papers 043cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Brigitte Dormont & Carine Milcent, 2004. "The sources of hospital cost variability," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 927-939.
- Laudicella, Mauro & Olsen, Kim Rose & Street, Andrew, 2010. "Examining cost variation across hospital departments-a two-stage multi-level approach using patient-level data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(10), pages 1872-1881, November.
- W. David Bradford & Andrew N. Kleit & Marie A. Krousel-Wood & Richard N. Re, 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Estimation Of Cost Models Within The Hospital," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 302-309, May.
- Kim Rose Olsen & Andrew Street, 2008. "The analysis of efficiency among a small number of organisations: How inferences can be improved by exploiting patient-level data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 671-681.
- Anders Skrondal & Sophia Rabe-Hesketh, 2009. "Prediction in multilevel generalized linear models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 172(3), pages 659-687.
- Conrad Kobel & Josselin Thuilliez & Martine Bellanger & Karl-Peter Pfeiffer, 2011. "DRG systems and similar patient classification systems in Europe," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00643049, HAL.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2002. "The Effects of Hospital Ownership on Medical Productivity," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 488-506, Autumn.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5426 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buntin, Melinda Beeuwkes & Zaslavsky, Alan M., 2004. "Too much ado about two-part models and transformation?: Comparing methods of modeling Medicare expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 525-542, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chris Bojke & Katja Grasic & Andrew Street, 2014. "The Costs of Specialised Care," Working Papers 103cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Chris Bojke & Katja Grasic & Andrew Street, 2015. "How much should be paid for Prescribed Specialised Services?," Working Papers 118cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Katja Grašič & Anne Mason & Andrew Street, 2015. "Paying for the quantity and quality of hospital care: the foundations and evolution of payment policy in England," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-10, December.
- John Buckell & Andrew Smith & Roberta Longo & David Holland, 2013. "Health inefficiency and unobservable heterogeneity - empirical evidence from pathology services in the UK National Health Service," Working Papers 1307, Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds.
More about this item
KeywordsEngland; Hospital specialisation; Prospective payment systems; Diagnosis related groups; Healthcare resource groups; Treatment costs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:84:y:2013:i:c:p:110-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.