Are English treatment centres treating less complex patients?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark McClellan, 1997. "Hospital Reimbursement Incentives: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 91-128, March.
- Gian Paolo Barbetta & Gilberto Turati & Angelo M. Zago, 2007.
"Behavioral differences between public and private not-for-profit hospitals in the Italian national health service,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 75-96.
- Gian Paolo Barbetta & Gilberto Turati & Angelo Zago, 2004. "Behavioral Differences Between Public and Private Not-For-Profit Hospitals in the Italian National Health Service," Working Papers 12/2004, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Randall P. Ellis & Marian Vidal-Fernadez, 2007. "Response: Activity-Based Payments and Reforms of the English Hospital Payment System," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-035, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M, 1998.
"Contracting for Health Services with Unmonitored Quality,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1093-1110, July.
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1995. "Contracting for health services with unmonitored quality," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9510, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Leemore S. Dafny, 2005. "How Do Hospitals Respond to Price Changes?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1525-1547, December.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
- Newhouse, Joseph P., 1982. "Is competition the answer?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 109-116, May.
- Kathryn Antioch & Randall Ellis & Steve Gillett & Daniel Borovnicar & Ric Marshall, 2007. "Risk adjustment policy options for casemix funding: international lessons in financing reform," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 8(3), pages 195-212, September.
- Silverman, Elaine & Skinner, Jonathan, 2004. "Medicare upcoding and hospital ownership," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 369-389, March.
- Reinhard Busse & Jonas Schreyögg & Peter Smith, 2006. "Editorial: Hospital case payment systems in Europe," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 211-213, August.
- Ellis, Randall P. & Vidal-Fernández, Marian, 2007. "Activity-based payments and reforms of the English hospital payment system," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 435-444, October.
- Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T., 2002. "What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-492, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:166-174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Moscelli & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2016. "Market structure, patient choice and hospital quality for elective patients," Working Papers 139cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Pérotin, Virginie & Zamora, Bernarda & Reeves, Rachel & Bartlett, Will & Allen, Pauline, 2013. "Does hospital ownership affect patient experience? An investigation into public–private sector differences in England," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 633-646.
- Cooper, Zack & Gibbons, Stephen & Skellern, Matthew, 2016.
"Does competition from private surgical centres improve public hospitals’ performance? Evidence from the English National Health Service,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
67662, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Matthew Skellern, 2016. "Does Competition from Private Surgical Centres Improve Public Hospitals' Performance? Evidence from the English National Health Service," CEP Discussion Papers dp1434, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kim, Sun Jung & Park, Eun-Cheol & Jang, Sung In & Lee, Minjee & Kim, Tae Hyun, 2013. "An analysis of the inpatient charge and length of stay for patients with joint diseases in Korea: Specialty versus small general hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 93-99.
- Heijink, Richard & Mosca, Ilaria & Westert, Gert, 2013. "Effects of regulated competition on key outcomes of care: Cataract surgeries in the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 142-150.
- Cheng, Terence C. & Haisken-DeNew, John P. & Yong, Jongsay, 2015. "Cream skimming and hospital transfers in a mixed public-private system," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 156-164.
- Adriana Castelli & Andrew Street & Rossella Verzulli & Padraic Ward, 2015. "Examining variations in hospital productivity in the English NHS," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(3), pages 243-254, April.
- Daidone, Silvio & Street, Andrew, 2013. "How much should be paid for specialised treatment?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 110-118.
- Luigi Siciliani & Peter Sivey & Andrew Street, 2011. "Differences in Length of Stay between Public Hospitals, Treatment Centres and Private Providers: Selection or Efficiency?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2011n06, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Chris Bojke & Adriana Castelli & Andrew Street & Padraic Ward & Mauro Laudicella, 2013.
"Regional Variation In The Productivity Of The English National Health Service,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 194-211, February.
- Chris Bojke & Adriana Castelli & Mauro Laudicella & Andrew Street & Padraic Ward, 2010. "Regional variation in the productivity of the English National Health Service," Working Papers 057cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
More about this item
KeywordsHospitals Special Reimbursement mechanisms Prospective payment system Diagnosis-Related Groups;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:94:y:2010:i:2:p:150-157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.