Cream skimming and hospital transfers in a mixed public-private system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giorgia Marini & Marisa Miraldo & Rowena Jacobs & Maria Goddard, 2008. "Giving greater financial independence to hospitals-does it make a difference? The case of English NHS Trusts," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 751-775.
- Cheng, Terence C. & Joyce, Catherine M. & Scott, Anthony, 2013. "An empirical analysis of public and private medical practice in Australia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 43-51.
- Annika Herr, 2008. "Cost and technical efficiency of German hospitals: does ownership matter?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(9), pages 1057-1071.
- Paula González, 2005. "On a policy of transferring public patients to private practice," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 513-527.
- Matthew Blackwell & Stefano Iacus & Gary King & Giuseppe Porro, 2009. "cem: Coarsened exact matching in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(4), pages 524-546, December.
- Karen Eggleston & Yu-Chu Shen & Joseph Lau & Christopher H. Schmid & Jia Chan, 2008. "Hospital ownership and quality of care: what explains the different results in the literature?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1345-1362.
- Gian Paolo Barbetta & Gilberto Turati & Angelo M. Zago, 2007.
"Behavioral differences between public and private not-for-profit hospitals in the Italian national health service,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 75-96.
- Gian Paolo Barbetta & Gilberto Turati & Angelo Zago, 2004. "Behavioral Differences Between Public and Private Not-For-Profit Hospitals in the Italian National Health Service," Working Papers 12/2004, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Berta, Paolo & Callea, Giuditta & Martini, Gianmaria & Vittadini, Giorgio, 2010.
"The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: A population-based investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 812-821, July.
- Berta, P & Callea, G & Martini, G & Vittadini, G, 2009. "The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: a population–based investigation," MPRA Paper 17671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gary Biglaiser & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2007.
"Moonlighting: public service and private practice,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(4), pages 1113-1133, December.
- Gary Biglaiser & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2006. "Moonlighting: Public Service and Private Practice," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-015, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Gary Biglaiser & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2006. "Moonlighting: Public Service and Private Practice," Working Papers 12, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Iacus, Stefano M. & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2011.
"Multivariate Matching Methods That Are Monotonic Imbalance Bounding,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 106(493), pages 345-361.
- Stefano Maria IACUS & Gary KING & Giuseppe PORRO, 2009. "Multivariate matching methods that are monotonic imbalance bounding," Departmental Working Papers 2009-51, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Stefano Iacus & Gary King & Giuseppe Porro, 2009. "Multivariate Matching Methods That are Monotonic Imbalance Bounding," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1089, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Mark G. Duggan, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Public Medical Spending," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1343-1373.
- Luigi Siciliani & Peter Sivey & Andrew Street, 2013. "Differences In Length Of Stay For Hip Replacement Between Public Hospitals, Specialised Treatment Centres And Private Providers: Selection Or Efficiency?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 234-242, February.
- Street, Andrew & Sivey, Peter & Mason, Anne & Miraldo, Marisa & Siciliani, Luigi, 2010. "Are English treatment centres treating less complex patients?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 150-157, February.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Pau Olivella, 2005.
"Waiting Lists and Patient Selection,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 623-646, September.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Pau Olivella, "undated". "Waiting Lists And Patient Selection," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 444.99, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Pau Olivella Cunill & Pedro Pita Barros, 2000. "Waiting Lists and Patient Selection," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0283, Econometric Society.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita, 2000. "Waiting Lists and Patient Selection," CEPR Discussion Papers 2519, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Iacus, Stefano & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2009. "cem: Software for Coarsened Exact Matching," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 30(i09).
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
- Iacus, Stefano M. & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2012. "Causal Inference without Balance Checking: Coarsened Exact Matching," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(01), pages 1-24, December.
- Brown, Laurie & Barnett, J. Ross, 2004. "Is the corporate transformation of hospitals creating a new hybrid health care space? A case study of the impact of co-location of public and private hospitals in Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 427-444, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAustralia; Hospital transfers; Cream skimming; Hospital utilisation; Mixed public-private system;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:132:y:2015:i:c:p:156-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.