The Effects of Focus on Performance: Evidence from California Hospitals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael A. Lapré & Nikos Tsikriktsis, 2006. "Organizational Learning Curves for Customer Dissatisfaction: Heterogeneity Across Airlines," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(3), pages 352-366, March.
- Anita L. Tucker & Ingrid M. Nembhard & Amy C. Edmondson, 2007. "Implementing New Practices: An Empirical Study of Organizational Learning in Hospital Intensive Care Units," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(6), pages 894-907, June.
- Nikos Tsikriktsis, 2007. "The Effect of Operational Performance and Focus on Profitability: A Longitudinal Study of the U.S. Airline Industry," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 506-517, April.
- Thomas Brush & Aneel Karnani, 1996. "Impact of Plant Size and Focus on Productivity: An Empirical Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(7), pages 1065-1081, July.
- Diwas S. Kc & Christian Terwiesch, 2009. "Impact of Workload on Service Time and Patient Safety: An Econometric Analysis of Hospital Operations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(9), pages 1486-1498, September.
- Gary P. Pisano & Richard M.J. Bohmer & Amy C. Edmondson, 2001. "Organizational Differences in Rates of Learning: Evidence from the Adoption of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(6), pages 752-768, June.
- Barro, Jason R. & Huckman, Robert S. & Kessler, Daniel P., 2006.
"The effects of cardiac specialty hospitals on the cost and quality of medical care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 702-721, July.
- Jason R. Barro & Robert S. Huckman & Daniel P. Kessler, 2005. "The Effects of Cardiac Specialty Hospitals on the Cost and Quality of Medical Care," NBER Working Papers 11707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Curtis P. McLaughlin & Shitao Yang & Roland van Dierdonck, 1995. "Professional Service Organizations and Focus," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(7), pages 1185-1193, July.
- Amemiya, Yasuo, 1990. "Two-stage instrumental variables estimators for the nonlinear errors-in-variables model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 311-332, June.
- John Paul MacDuffie & Kannan Sethuraman & Marshall L. Fisher, 1996. "Product Variety and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from the International Automotive Assembly Plant Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 350-369, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Thesis Thursday: Sarah Zheng
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2018-03-15 07:00:19
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:21:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9376-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:202:y:2018:i:c:p:59-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan R. Clark & Robert S. Huckman, 2012. "Broadening Focus: Spillovers, Complementarities, and Specialization in the Hospital Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(4), pages 708-722, April.
- Thomas J. Best & Burhaneddin Sandıkçı & Donald D. Eisenstein & David O. Meltzer, 2015. "Managing Hospital Inpatient Bed Capacity Through Partitioning Care into Focused Wings," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 157-176, May.
- Diwas Singh KC & Bradley R. Staats, 2012. "Accumulating a Portfolio of Experience: The Effect of Focal and Related Experience on Surgeon Performance," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 618-633, October.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2809-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soroush Saghafian & Wallace J. Hopp & Mark P. Van Oyen & Jeffrey S. Desmond & Steven L. Kronick, 2014. "Complexity-Augmented Triage: A Tool for Improving Patient Safety and Operational Efficiency," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 16(3), pages 329-345, July.
- Antonio Moreno & Christian Terwiesch, 2015. "Pricing and Production Flexibility: An Empirical Analysis of the U.S. Automotive Industry," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 428-444, October.
- Bradley R. Staats & Francesca Gino, 2012. "Specialization and Variety in Repetitive Tasks: Evidence from a Japanese Bank," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1141-1159, June.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Silva Portela, Maria & Graveney, Mike, 2016. "Identifying the scope for savings at inpatient episode level: An illustration applying DEA to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(2), pages 570-582.
More about this item
Keywordsproductivity; quality; health-care operations; service operations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:57:y:2011:i:11:p:1897-1912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.