January 2000, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 219-240 The reorientation of market-oriented reforms in Swedish health-care
by Harrison, Michael I. & Calltorp, Johan
December 1999, Volume 50, Issue 1-2
- 1-22 Priority setting in health policy in Sweden and a comparison with Norway
by Calltorp, Johan
- 23-38 Rationing health care in France
by Lancry, Pierre-Jean & Sandier, Simone
- 39-53 Public opinion and rationing in the United Kingdom
by King, Derek & Maynard, Alan
- 55-70 Priorities in healthcare: a perspective from Spain
by Gaminde, Idoia
- 71-90 Priority-setting and rationing in German health care
by Busse, Reinhard
- 91-104 Priority setting in Austria
by Stepan, Adolf & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
- 105-122 Choices in Dutch health care: mixing strategies and responsibilities
by van der Grinten, Tom E. D. & Kasdorp, Jan P.
- 123-142 Clarifying the scope of Italian NHS coverage. Is it feasible? Is it desirable?
by Fattore, Giovanni
- 143-153 Priority-setting in Finnish healthcare
by Rissanen, Pekka & Hakkinen, Unto
November 1999, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 137-147 Newly implemented health system reform in Israel: physicians' attitudes
by Wilf-Miron, Rachel & Rotstein, Zeev & Noy, Shlomo & Turjeman, Amram & Israeli, Avi
- 149-159 Integrated care: the impact of governmental behaviour on collaborative networks
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & van Raak, Arno & Paulus, Aggie
- 161-177 Analysis of the eligibility of published economic evaluations for transfer to a given health care system: Methodological approach and application to the French health care system
by Spath, Hans-Martin & Carrere, Marie-Odile & Fervers, Beatrice & Philip, Thierry
- 179-194 Economic studies and `technical' evaluation of telemedicine: the case of telemonitored polysomnography
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis & Philippe, Carole & Gagnadoux, Frederic & Rakotonanahary, Dominique & Fleury, Bernard
September 1999, Volume 49, Issue 1-2
- 5-11 Rationing health care: an exploration
by Maynard, Alan
- 13-26 Limits to rationality: economics, economists and priority setting
by Robinson, Ray
- 27-43 Medical care and public policy: the benefits and burdens of asking fundamental questions
by Marmor, Theodore R. & Boyum, David
- 45-61 Involving the public in rationing decisions. The experience of citizens juries
by Lenaghan, Jo
- 63-74 Public views on health care rationing: a group discussion study
by Cookson, Richard & Dolan, Paul
- 75-135 Citizens and rationing: analysis of a European survey
by Mossialos, Elias & King, Derek
August 1999, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 155-170 Cost-effectiveness analysis with defined budget: how to distribute resources for the prevention of cardiovascular disease?
by Lindholm, Lars & Hallgren, C. -G. & Boman, Kurt & Markgren, Kenth & Weinehall, Lars & Ogren, J. -E.
- 171-187 Supply, utilisation and outcome in hospital systems: an Anglo-Czech comparison
by Forster, Donald P. & Frost, Brian & Kamberska, Zuzana & Holub, Jiri
- 189-205 The effect of managed care on hospital staffing and technological diffusion
by Zhang, Nannan & Kohn, Linda & McGarrah, Robert & Anderson, Gerard
- 207-218 Can corporatization contribute to quality assurance and cost control in the German hospital sector?: A pilot project for stem cell transplantation
by Walshe, Ronald & Schmitz, Norbert & Diehl, Volker
August 1999, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 87-105 Inter-agency services in England and The Netherlands: A comparative study of integrated care development and delivery
by Hardy, Brian & Mur-Veemanu, Ingrid & Steenbergen, Marijke & Wistow, Gerald
- 107-117 An analysis of the effectiveness of Spanish primary health care teams
by Goni, Salome
- 119-134 Assessing the performance of NHS Hospital Trusts: the role of `hard' and `soft' information
by Goddard, Maria & Mannion, Russell & Smith, Peter C.
- 135-152 Improvement and renewal of healthcare processes: results of an empirical research project
by van der Bij, J. D. & Dijkstra, L. & de Vries, G. & Walburg, J.
July 1999, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-12 What has contributed to the change in life expectancy in Italy between 1980 and 1992?
by Ngongo, Kypa Ngoyi & Nante, Nicola & Chenet, Laurent & McKee, Martin
- 13-27 Productivity losses without absence: measurement validation and empirical evidence
by Brouwer, W. B. F. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H.
- 29-45 Association between health insurance and antibiotics prescribing in four counties in rural China
by Dong, Hengjin & Bogg, Lennart & Rehnberg, Clas & Diwan, Vinod
- 47-67 Towards a reinforced agency role of health insurers in Belgium and the Netherlands
by Schut, Frederik T. & van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A.
- 69-77 Is disease management relevant in Europe: some evidence from the United Kingdom
by Mason, Anne & Drummond, Michael & Towse, Adrian
May 1999, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 195-205 Impact of HIV/AIDS on the national economy of India
by Anand, K. & Pandav, C. S. & Nath, L. M.
- 207-223 Public spending on health care: how are different criteria related?
by Musgrove, Philip
- 225-239 The future of dental managed care in the US
by Shenkin, Jonathan
- 241-253 Identification and priority setting for health technology assessment in The Netherlands: actors and activities
by Oortwijn, Wija & Banta, David & Vondeling, Hindrik & Bouter, Lex
- 255-274 Assessment of biotechnology drugs: what are the issues?
by van Rijkom, Jeannette & Leufkens, Hubert & Crommelin, Daan & Rutten, Frans & Broekmans, Andre
May 1999, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 97-123 The contingent valuation method in health care
by Klose, Thomas
- 125-144 Pharmaceutical expenditure in Sweden
by Henriksson, Freddie & Hjortsberg, Catharina & Rehnberg, Clas
- 145-168 National health interview surveys in Europe: an overview
by Hupkens, Christianne L. H. & van den Berg, Jaap & van der Zee, Jouke
- 169-182 Regional disparities in health care supply in eleven European countries: does politics matter?
by Westert, Gert P. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 183-184 Letter to the Editor: Cost-benefit analysis of screening for Tay-Sachs disease among Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi Jews in Israel
by Shabat, Shay
- 185-187 Dilemmas in Community Mental Health Practice--Choice or Control, Rachel Perkins and Julie Repper, Radcliffe Medical Press, 1998, ISBN 85775-181-7
by Barrington, Ruth
- 188-189 Book Reviews
by Author, A. N.
April 1999, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-17 Private clinics for employees as a Dutch solution for waiting lists: economic and legal arguments
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Hermans, Herbert E. G. M.
- 19-36 Are market-oriented health insurance reforms possible in Latin America?: The cases of Argentina, Chile and Colombia
by Bertranou, Fabio M.
- 37-52 A framework for incorporating cost-effectiveness in evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
by Mason, James & Eccles, Martin & Freemantle, Nick & Drummond, Michael
- 53-67 Constraints on the retreat from a welfare-orientated approach to public health care in Malaysia
by Barraclough, Simon
- 69-83 Health sector reform and the interpretation of policy context
by Collins, Charles & Green, Andrew & Hunter, David
March 1999, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 165-177 Towards an integrated needs and outcome framework
by James, Marilyn
- 179-194 Profit, payment and pharmaceutical practices: perspectives from hospitals in Bangkok
by Pitaknetinan, Kitti & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Supachutikul, Anuwat & Bennett, Sara & Mills, Anne
- 195-216 Indonesian heath care and the economic crisis: is managed care the needed reform?
by Hotchkiss, David R. & Jacobalis, Samsi
- 217-238 Raising the quality of cost-utility analyses: lessons learnt and still to learn
by Gerard, Karen & Smoker, Irenie & Seymour, Janelle
- 239-254 The willingness of families caring for victims of stroke to pay for in-home respite care--results of a pilot study in Taiwan
by Chiu, Lian & Tang, Kwong-Yui & Shyu, Woei-Cherng & Chang, Ta-Pang
- 255-265 Does the UK National Health Service need a fourth hurdle for pharmaceutical reimbursement to encourage the more efficient prescribing of pharmaceuticals?
by Freemantle, Nick
January 1999, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 77-96 Contracting-out health care services: a conceptual framework
by Vining, Aidan R. & Globerman, Steven
- 97-103 The management and policy challenges of the globalisation effect of informatics and telemedicine
by Rigby, Michael
- 105-126 Regulation of health-related technologies in Germany
by Perleth, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard & Schwartz, Friedrich Wilhelm
- 127-141 The care and course of diabetes: differences according to level of education
by van der Meer, Joost B. W. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 143-157 Research into the use of health economics in decision making in the United Kingdom--Phase II: Is health economics `for good or evil'?
by Duthie, Tessa & Trueman, Paul & Chancellor, Jeremy & Diez, Lara
October 1998, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-19 Health policy issues and applications for evidence-based medicine and clinical practice guidelines
by Lohr, Kathleen N. & Eleazer, Kristen & Mauskopf, Josephine
- 21-41 The new pharmaceutical policy in Italy
by Fattore, Giovanni & Jommi, Claudio
- 43-52 Neonatal mortality in the Czech Republic during the transition
by Koupilova, Ilona & McKee, Martin & Holcik, Jan
- 53-68 The role of outputs and outcomes in purchaser accountability: reflecting on New Zealand experiences
by Cumming, Jacqueline & Scott, Claudia D.
- 71-74 Book review
by Author, A. N.
September 1998, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 175-186 General practice care and patients' priorities in Europe: an international comparison
by Wensing, Michel & Mainz, Jan & Ferreira, Pedro & Hearnshaw, Hilary & Hjortdahl, Per & Olesen, Frede & Reis, Shmuel & Ribacke, Mats & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Grol, Richard
- 187-193 An experimental test of question framing in health state utility assessment
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus
- 195-208 Possible objectives and resulting entitlements of essential health care packages
by Soderlund, Neil
- 209-220 Syringe and needle exchange as HIV/AIDS prevention for injection drug users in Puerto Rico
by Robles, Rafaela R. & Colon, Hector M. & Matos, Tomas D. & Finlinson, H. Ann & Munoz, Aileen & Marrero, C. Amalia & Garcia, Myriam & Reyes, Juan C.
- 221-238 Self-referral in a gatekeeping system: patients' reasons for skipping the general-practitioner
by Kulu-Glasgow, Isik & Delnoij, Diana & de Bakker, Dinny
August 1998, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 81-97 Risks and benefits of private health care: exploring physicians' views on private health care in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
by Lonnroth, Knut & Thuong, Le Minh & Linh, Pham Duy & Diwan, Vinod
- 99-117 Evaluating the Israeli health care reform: strategy, challenges and lessons
by Gross, Revital & Rosen, Bruce & Chinitz, David
- 119-132 Skill mix changes: substitution or service development?
by Richardson, Gerald & Maynard, Alan & Cullum, Nicky & Kindig, David
- 133-147 Economic evaluation of screening for prostate cancer: a randomized population based programme during a 10-year period in Sweden
by Holmberg, Hakan & Carlsson, Per & Lofman, Owe & Varenhorst, Eberhard
- 149-167 Diffusion of laparoscopic technologies in Denmark
by Poulsen, Peter Bo & Adamsen, Sven & Vondeling, Hindrik & Jorgensen, Torben
July 1998, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-14 The demographic impact on ambulatory pharmaceutical expenditure in Belgium
by Van Tielen, Rudy & Peys, Frank & Genaert, Jean
- 15-32 Risk-adjusted capitation payments: Developing a diagnostic cost groups classification for the Dutch situation
by Lamers, Leida M.
- 33-45 The role of quality standards-accreditation in redressing asymmetry of information in health care markets
by O'Neill, Ciaran & Largey, Ann
- 47-56 Alcohol advice in primary health care--is it a wise use of resources?
by Lindholm, Lars
- 57-67 The importance of developing an informatics framework for mental health
by Rigby, Michael & Lindmark, Jan & Furlan, Pier Maria
- 69-79 Economic evaluation of programmes aiming at eradicating infectious diseases
by Gyldmark, Marlene & Alban, Anita
June 1998, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 191-214 Can primary care and community-based models of emergency care substitute for the hospital accident and emergency (A & E) department?
by Roberts, Emilie & Mays, Nicholas
- 215-232 Economic evaluation of end stage renal disease treatment
by de Wit, G.Ardine & Ramsteijn, Paul G & de Charro, Frank Th
- 233-252 Primary health care meets the market in China and Vietnam
by Bloom, Gerald
- 253-260 What is Germany's experience on reference based drug pricing and the etiology of adverse health outcomes or substitution?
by Schneeweiss, Sebastian & Schoffski, Oliver & Selke, Gisbert W
- 261-281 Modernisation of the system of traditional Korean medicine (1876-1990)
by Son, Annette Hye Kyung
May 1998, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 97-102 Health policy and the information highway
by International, Datapage
- 103-122 Economic transition and health transition: comparing China and Russia
by Liu, Yuanli & Rao, Keqin & Fei, John
- 123-134 Effects of user charges on the use of prescription medicines in different socio-economic groups
by Lundberg, Lena & Johannesson, Magnus & Isacson, Dag G. L. & Borgquist, Lars
- 135-148 The meaning of urgency in the allocation of scarce health care resources; a comparison between renal transplantation and psychogeriatric nursing home care
by Varekamp, Inge & Meiland, Franka J. M. & Hoos, Aloysia M. & Wendte, Johannes F. & de Haes, Johanna C. J. M. & Krol, Leendert J.
- 149-166 Primary care reform: a three country comparison of `budget holding'
by Wilton, Paula & Smith, Richard D.
- 167-183 Market--what market? A review of Health Authority purchasing in the NHS internal market
by West, Peter A.
April 1998, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-18 Dilemmas in drug development for tropical diseases: Experiences with praziquantel
by Reich, Michael R. & Govindaraj, Ramesh
- 19-30 The need to redefine the practice of health promotion in the United Kingdom
by Midha, Arun & Sullivan, Michael
- 31-44 The importance of patient empowerment in health system reform
by Segal, Leonie
- 45-55 Guidelines on euthanasia and pain alleviation: compliance and opinions of physicians
by Haverkate, Ilinka & van der Wal, Gerrit & van der Maas, Paul J. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & Kostense, Piet J.
- 57-72 Sociocultural variations in help-seeking behavior for everyday symptoms and chronic disorders
by Alberts, Jantina F. & Sanderman, Robbert & Gerstenbluth, Izzy & van den Heuvel, Wim J. A.
- 73-85 The German experience in reference pricing
by Giuliani, Giovanni & Selke, Gisbert & Garattini, Livio
March 1998, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 203-218 Health insurance as a catalyst to change in former communist countries?
by Ensor, Tim & Thompson, Robin
- 219-232 Controlling antimicrobial resistance: a proposed transferable permit market
by Smith, Richard D. & Coast, Joanna
- 233-241 International collaboration in health technology assessment: a study of technologies used in management of osteoporosis
by Hailey, David & Marshall, Deborah & Sampietro-Colom, Laura & Rico, Rosa & Granados, Alicia & Asua, Jose & Jonsson, Egon
- 243-251 SOUNDING BOARD: Burden of illness estimates for priority setting: a debate revisited
by Wiseman, Virginia & Mooney, Gavin
- 253-270 Emigration of New Zealand and Australian physicians to the United States and the international flow of medical personnel
by Miller, Edward Alan & Laugesen, Miriam & Lee, Shoou-Yih Daniel & Mick, Stephen S.
February 1998, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 103-123 The impact of the UK NHS purchaser-provider split on the `rational' introduction of new medical technologies
by Rosen, Rebecca & Mays, Nicholas
- 125-139 The role of priority programmes in the provision of health services in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico
by Nigenda, Gustavo & Orozco, Emanuel & Guzman, Mauricio & Mora, Gerardo & Lockett, Lejeune & Pacheco, Carlos
- 141-151 The role of geriatric intermediate care facilities in long-term care for the elderly in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Tamiya, Nanako
- 153-169 Public/private financing in the Greek health care system: implications for equity
by Liaropoulos, Lycurgus & Tragakes, Ellie
- 171-194 The German health care system and health care reform
by Kamke, Kerstin
January 1998, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-13 The policy implications of better structure and process on birth outcomes in Jamaica
by Peabody, John W. & Gertler, Paul J. & Leibowitz, Arleen
- 15-31 Income-based incentives in UK general practice
by Whynes, David K. & Baines, Darrin L.
- 33-44 Value measurement in cost-utility analysis: explaining the discrepancy between rating scale and person trade-off elicitations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George & Scanlon, Dennis & Kamlet, Mark
- 45-54 Disease-staging for modelling current and future health-care impact of disease: illustrations for Diabetes Mellitus and AIDS
by Postma, Maarten J. & Jager, Johannes C. & Ruwaard, Dirk & van Loy, Nicole C. M. & Leidl, Reiner M.
- 55-64 Posteroventral pallidotomy for Parkinson's Disease: assessment and policy on a technology in transition
by Hailey, David & Harstall, Christa
- 65-81 The impact of European harmonisation on Norwegian drug policy
by Norris, Pauline
- 83-96 Down syndrome serum marker screening: decision criteria and implicit values
by Seror, Valerie & Costet, Nathalie
December 1997, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 187-209 Comparative research and analysis methods for shared learning from health system reforms
by Gonzalez Block, Miguel Angel
- 211-222 Utilisation of medical technology assessment in health policy
by van den Heuvel, Wim J. A. & Wieringh, Roelof & van den Heuvel, Lisette P. M.
- 223-237 Willingness to pay for health insurance in a developing economy. A pilot study of the informal sector of Ghana using contingent valuation
by Asenso-Okyere, W. Kwadwo & Osei-Akoto, Isaac & Anum, Adote & Appiah, Ernest N.
- 239-253 Healthcare access and mobility between the UK and other European Union states: an `implementation surplus'
by Sheaff, Rod
- 255-267 Quality systems in Dutch health care institutions
by Casparie, Anton F. & M. Sluijs, Emmy & Wagner, Cordula & de Bakker, Dinny H.
November 1997, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 89-100 Under-the-counter payments for health care: Evidence from Bulgaria
by Delcheva, Evgenia & Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 101-115 Predictors of health care utilization in the chronically ill: a review of the literature
by de Boer, Angela G. E. M. & Wijker, Wouter & de Haes, Hanneke C. J. M.
- 117-133 The distribution of cataract surgery services in a public health eye care program in Nepal
by Marseille, Elliot & Brand, Richard
- 135-143 Measuring the clinical consistency of panelists' appropriateness ratings: the case of coronary artery bypass surgery
by Kravitz, Richard L. & Park, Rolla Edward & Kahan, James P.
- 145-155 The importance of lifestyle to self-assessed health
by Ericsson, Asa
- 157-170 Association between attitudes toward health promotion and opinions regarding organ transplants in Japan
by Hagihara, Akihito & Murakami, Masayoshi & Miller, Alan S. & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 171-184 Casting the screening net: separating big fish from little fish
by Markham, Barbara A. & Hutchison, Brian & Birch, Stephen & Goldsmith, Laurie J. & Evans, C. Edward
October 1997, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-14 Transaction costs economics as a conceptual framework for the analysis of barriers to the diffusion of telemedicine
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Fargeon, Valerie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis & Fardeau, Michele
- 15-27 Waiting for coronary revascularization: A comparison between New York State, the Netherlands and Sweden
by Bernstein, Steven J. & Rigter, Henk & Brorsson, Bengt & Hilborne, Lee H. & Leape, Lucian L. & Meijler, Annejet P. & Scholma, Jan K. & Nord, Ann-Sofie
- 29-37 General practice fundholders' prescribing savings in one region of the United Kingdom, 1991-1994
by Wilson, Robert P. H. & Hatcher, Juanita & Barton, Stuart & Walley, Tom
- 39-48 Costs and financial consequences of the changing epidemiologogical profile in Mexico
by Arredondo, Armando
- 49-66 Priority setting in health care: learning from international experience
by Ham, Chris
- 67-81 Effect of panel composition on physician ratings of appropriateness of abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery: elucidating differences between multispecialty panel results and specialty society recommendations
by Herrin, Jeph & Etchason, Jeff A. & Kahan, James P. & Brook, Robert H. & Ballard, David J.
September 1997, Volume 41, Issue Supplement 1
- 1-7 Comparative experience in home care and pharmaceutical policy
by Kane, Nancy M. & Saltman, Richard B.
- 9-26 The context for health reform in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, and the United States
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 27-43 The management of the cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom
by Burstall, Michael L.
- 45-53 Management of cost and utilization of pharmaceuticals in Germany
by von der Schulenburg, J. -Matthias Graf
- 55-69 Cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in Sweden
by Ljungkvist, Mats-Olof & Andersson, David & Gunnarsson, Bo
- 71-89 Pharmaceutical cost containment and innovation in the United States
by Kane, Nancy M.
- 91-108 Decentralisation from acute to home care settings in England
by Wistow, Gerald
- 109-129 A study on decentralizing from acute care to home care settings in Germany
by Wasem, Jurgen
- 131-143 Decentralisation from acute to home care settings in Sweden
by Johansson, Lennarth
- 145-162 Managed care for the elderly in the United States: outcomes to-date and potential for future growth
by Doyle, Anne & Masland, Jean
- 163-174 Assessing cost and utilization in managed mental health care in the United States
by Dickey, Barbara
September 1997, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 181-187 A note on prevention versus cure
by Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov
- 189-199 Is it cost effective to introduce screening programmes for colorectal cancer? Illustrating the principles of optimal resource allocation
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 201-205 Cost-utility analysis and varying preferences for health
by Johannesson, Magnus & O'Conor, Richard M.
- 207-227 International assistance and health care reform in Poland: barriers to project development and implementation
by Sabbat, Jolanta
- 229-239 The cost-effectiveness of permethrin impregnated bednets in preventing child mortality in Kassena--Nankana district of Northern Ghana
by Binka, Fred N. & Mensah, Omer A. & Mills, Anne
- 241-260 Health policy versus industrial policy in the pharmaceutical sector: the case of Canada
by Vandergrift, Michael & Kanavos, Panos
- 261-262 Psychosocial cancer care : Patient Education and Counselling, Special Issue (vol. 28, no. 2), Elsevier Science, Shannon, 232 pp., 1996, ISSN 0738-3991
by Tanghe, Ann
August 1997, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 87-104 New Zealand policy strategies concerning the funding of general practitioner care
by Brown, Malcolm C. & Crampton, Peter
- 105-119 The cost-effectiveness of a cardiovascular risk reduction program in general practice
by Salkeld, Glenn & Phongsavan, Philayrath & Oldenburg, Brian & Johannesson, Magnus & Convery, Paula & Graham-Clarke, Peita & Walker, Sheila & Shaw, John
- 121-137 Reform of primary health care: the case of Spain
by Larizgoitia, Itziar & Starfield, Barbara
- 139-156 Physician participation in a Medicaid managed care program, the Kansas Primary Care Network
by Ubokudom, Sunday E.
- 157-176 Hospital care for persons with AIDS in the European Union
by Postma, Maarten J. & Tolley, Keith & Leidl, Reiner M. & Downs, Angela M. & Beck, Eduard J. & Tramarin, Andrea M. & Flori, Yves A. & Santin, Miguel & Antonanzas, Fernando & Kornarou, Helen & Paparizos, Vasili C. C. & Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Borleffs, Jan & Luijben, August J. P. & Jager, Johannes C. AU -
- 177-179 Advances in the economics of aging : D. Wise (Ed.), National Bureau of Economic Research, 354 pp., The University of Chicago University Press, Chicago, 1996, ISBN 0-266-90302-8, US $65.00
by Fokkema, C. M.
July 1997, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-36 Structured pluralism: towards an innovative model for health system reform in Latin America
by Londono, Juan-Luis & Frenk, Julio
- 37-60 Principal-agent problems in health care systems: an international perspective
by Smith, Peter C. & Stepan, Adolf & Valdmanis, Vivian & Verheyen, Piet
- 61-72 Economic evaluations of drug therapy: attitudes of primary care prescribing advisers in Great Britain
by Walley, Tom & Barton, Stuart & Cooke, Jonathan & Drummond, Michael
- 73-81 Biotechnology: a special case for health technology assessment?
by Mason, James & Drummond, Michael
June 1997, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 177-198 Health technology assessment: Decentralized and fragmented in the US compared to other countries
by Perry, Seymour & Thamer, Mae
- 199-215 The role of economic evaluation in the pricing and reimbursement of medicines
by Drummond, Michael & Jonsson, Bengt & Rutten, Frans
- 217-229 Less fog on the Tyne? Programme budgeting in Newcastle and North Tyneside
by Miller, Paul & Parkin, David & Craig, Neil & Lewis, David & Gerard, Karen
- 231-236 HIV prevention in Hungary
by Danziger, Renee
- 237-255 Household income and health care expenditures in Mexico
by Parker, Susan W. & Wong, Rebeca
- 257-258 The prevention of mental illness in primary care : Cambridge University Press, T. Kendrick, A. Tylee, P. Freeling, 398 pp. ISBN 0-521-57648-2
by Sveinbjarnardottir, Mrs. Eydis
- 258-260 Bull's eye or Achilles' heel : WHO's European Health for All Targets Evaluated in the Netherlands. H. van de Water, L. van Herten, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, 229 pp, 1996. ISBN 90-6743-432-9
by Leus, Xavier R.
- 260-261 Assessment of health care technologies : Case Studies, Key Concepts and Strategic Issues, A. Szczepura and J. Kankaanpaa (Eds.). John Wiley and Sons, West Sussex, 247 pp., 1996, [pound sign]24.95. ISBN 0-471-96571-5
by Kesteloot, Katrien
May 1997, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 91-102 Analysing changes in the nature of health service management in England
by Packwood, Tim
- 103-114 The effect of fundholding on prescribing and referral costs: a review of the evidence
by Gosden, Toby & Torgerson, David J.
- 115-138 Regulating biotechnology: a rational-political model of policy development
by Wiktorowicz, Mary & Deber, Raisa
- 139-155 Health policy as a fuzzy concept: Methodological problems encountered when evaluating health policy reforms in an international perspective
by Kroneman, Madelon W. & van der Zee, Jouke
- 157-168 Choice and participation in the health services: a survey of preferences among swedish residents
by Anell, Anders & Rosen, Per & Hjortsberg, Catharina
- 169-170 Doctor's health and need for services : A Study by the Department of Public Health Medicine UMDS St. Thomas's Campus. C. McKevitt, M. Morgan, J. Simpson, W. Holland, 61 pp., The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1996, ISBN 0900574-94-1
by Dunning, A. J.
- 169-170 Taking care of doctors' health, reducing avoidable stress and improving health services for doctors who fall III : 35 pp., The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1996, ISBN 0-900574-95-X
by Dunning, A. J.
- 170-170 Slee's health care terms. Third comprehensive edition : Edited by V. Slee, D. Slee and H. Schimdt. Tringa Press, Saint Paul, Minnesota, ISBN 0-9615255-8-4, pp. 655, $49.95
by Defever, Mia
- 171-172 Market mechanisms and the health sector in Central and Eastern Europe : A. Preker, R. Feachem. A World Bank Technical Paper No. 293, 48 pp., The World Bank, Washington DC, 1996, ISSN 0253-7494
by Lancry, Mr. Pierre-Jean
April 1997, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-12 Patients' willingness to pay for autologous blood donation
by Lee, Stephanie J. & Neumann, Peter J. & Churchill, W. Hallowell & Cannon, Marie E. & Weinstein, Milton C. & Johannesson, Magnus
- 13-28 Future health scenarios as a tool in the surveillance of unintentional injuries
by van Beeck, Eduard F. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 29-41 Evaluation of provision and availability of health care services in Iran: a human rights approach
by Nia, Ahmad Besarati & Bansal, Raj Kumar
- 43-67 Does budget-holding have a long-term effect on expenditure, staff and patients?
by Gross, Revital & Nirel, Nurit
- 69-80 After compulsory licensing: coming issues in Canadian pharmaceutical policy and politics
by Lexchin, Joel
- 83-84 Social dimensions of adjustment. World bank experience, 1980-1993 : C.A.B. Jayarajah, W.H. Branson, B. Sen. A World Bank Operations Evaluation Study. 218 pp., The World Bank, Washington DC, 1996, US$ 13.95 ISBN 0-8213-3610-X
by Wendte, J. F.
March 1997, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 181-194 Cost effectiveness scenario analysis for a proposed trial of hormone replacement therapy
by Townsend, Joy & Buxton, Martin
- 195-206 Implementing quality programmes in three Swedish county councils: the views of politicians, managers and doctors
by Garpenby, Peter
- 207-223 Hospital adaptation to risk-bearing: managerial implications of changes in purchaser-provider contracting
by Kirkman-Liff, Bradford L. & Huijsman, Robbert & van der Grinten, Tom & Brink, Greg
- 225-239 Taiwan's 1995 health care reform
by Chiang, Tung-liang
- 241-253 Cost-utility analysis from a societal perspective
by Johannesson, Magnus & O'Conor, Richard M.
- 255-256 The Convergence of Health, Nutrition, and Early Education : N. Colletta, J. Balachander, X. Liang. World Bank Technical Paper no 326, The World Bank, Washington DC, 43 pp. 1996 ISBN 0-8213-3677-0
by Eeckels, R.
- 256-257 Basic analytical toxicology : R. Flanagan, R. Braithwaite, S. Brown, B. Widdop, F. de Wolff. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1995, Sw.fr. 60.-. ISBN 92-4-154458-9
by Debackere, M.
- 257-260 An international assessment of health care financing. Lessons for developing countries : D. Dunlop, J. Martins (Eds.). Economic Development Institute of the World Bank. EDI Seminar Series. The World Bank, Washington DC, 198 pp., 1995. ISBN 0-8213-3253-8
by Sissouras, Aris
February 1997, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 93-106 Patient classification and cost analysis of aids and HIV: the case of Belgium
by De Graeve, Diana & Lescrauwaet, Benedicte & Nonneman, Walter
- 107-122 The regional distribution of doctors in Mexico, 1930-1990: a policy assessment
by Nigenda, Gustavo
- 123-135 Risk-adjusted capitation payments for catastrophic risks based on multi-year prior costs
by van Barneveld, Erik M. & van Vliet, ReneC. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 137-152 China's health care sector in transition: resources, demand and reforms
by Wu, Yanrui
- 153-166 Cost-variance analysis by DRGs; a technique for clinical budget analysis
by Voss, Gemma B. W. & Limpens, Pascal G. P. & Brans-Brabant, Lou J. H. & van Ooij, Andre
- 167-176 Costs of dying: alternatives to rationing
by Felder, Stefan
- 177-176 The management of acute respiratory infections in children. Practical guidelines for outpatient care : 77 pp., World Health Organisation, Geneva, 1995, ISBN 92-4-154477-5, Sw.fr. 15,-
by Van Lierde, Stefaan