Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Current editor:
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
August 2004, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 201-213 Introducing co-ordinated care (1): a randomised trial assessing client and cost outcomes
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E. & Day, Neil Atherton & Robertson, Iain & Hawthorne, Graeme
- 215-228 Introducing coordinated care (2): evaluation of design features and implementation processes implications for a preferred health system reform model
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E.
- 229-238 Consumer involvement in research projects: the activities of research funders
by O'Donnell, Maire & Entwistle, Vikki
- 239-252 Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey
by Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van
- 253-268 A consumer involvement model for health technology assessment in Canada
by Pivik, Jayne & Rode, Elisabeth & Ward, Christopher
July 2004, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-10 Setting priorities for research
by Fleurence, Rachael L. & Torgerson, David J.
- 11-19 Association of hospital ownership with patient transfers to outpatient care under a prospective payment system in Taiwan
by Lin, Herng-Ching & Xirasagar, Sudha & Kao, Senyeong
- 21-31 Contracting for health services in a public health system: the New Zealand experience
by Ashton, Toni & Cumming, Jacqueline & McLean, Janet
- 33-43 Networks for integrated care provision: an economic approach based on opportunism and trust
by Meijboom, Bert & de Haan, Job & Verheyen, Piet
- 45-53 The feasibility of community-based health insurance in Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & Mugisha, Frederick & Gbangou, Adjima & Kouyate, Bocar & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 55-72 Technical efficiency in the use of health care resources: a comparison of OECD countries
by Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna & Chang, Cyril F. & Rubin, Rose M.
- 73-82 The relative importance of leadership and payment system: Effects on quality of care and work environment
by Forsberg, Ewa & Axelsson, Runo & Arnetz, Bengt
- 83-92 Shifting the burden of health care finance: a case study of public-private partnership in Singapore
by Lim, Meng-Kin
- 93-100 Describing Chinese hospital activity with diagnosis related groups (DRGs): A case study in Chengdu
by Gong, Zhiping & Duckett, Stephen J. & Legge, David G. & Pei, Likun
- 101-116 The healthcare experiences of Arab Israeli women in a reformed healthcare system
by Elnekave, Eldad & Gross, Revital
- 117-130 Pakistan's maternal and child health policy: analysis, lessons and the way forward
by Siddiqi, S. & Haq, I. U. & Ghaffar, A. & Akhtar, T. & Mahaini, R.
June 2004, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 263-266 The 2-week rule for patients with suspected breast cancer: what can be learnt by analysing policy documents?
by Cornford, Charles S. & Oswald, Nigel
- 267-275 Lessons from Korea's pharmaceutical policy reform: the separation of medical institutions and pharmacies for outpatient care
by Kim, Han Joong & Chung, Woojin & Lee, Sang Gyu
- 277-287 Changes in drug utilization following the outpatient prescription drug cost-sharing program--evidence from Taiwan's elderly
by Liu, Shuen-Zen & Romeis, James C.
- 289-298 Comparing willingness-to-pay: bidding game format versus open-ended and payment scale formats
by Frew, Emma J. & Wolstenholme, Jane L. & Whynes, David K.
- 299-307 Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia
by Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L.
- 309-320 The desire for support and respite care: preferences of Dutch informal caregivers
by Koopmanschap, M. A. & van Exel, N. J. A. & van den Bos, G. A. M. & van den Berg, B. & Brouwer, W. B. F.
- 321-332 Public policy and smoking cessation among young adults in the United States
by Tauras, John A.
- 333-344 A large proportion of Swedish citizens refrain from seeking medical care--lack of confidence in the medical services a plausible explanation?
by Westin, Marcus & Ahs, Annika & Brand Persson, Kristina & Westerling, Ragnar
- 345-352 The predictability of individual primary care costs and its impact on managed care plans
by Demers, Marie
- 353-357 Impact of national health care systems on patient evaluations of general practice in Europe
by Wensing, Michel & Baker, Richard & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Grol, Richard AU -
- 359-372 Managing under managed community care: the experiences of clients, providers and managers in Ontario's competitive home care sector
by Abelson, Julia & Gold, Sara Tedford & Woodward, Christel & O'Connor, Denise & Hutchison, Brian
- 373-384 Reserved procedures in dutch hospitals: knowledge, experiences and views of physicians and nurses
by de Bie, J. & Cuperus-Bosma, J. M. & Gevers, J. K. M. & van der Wal, G.
- 385-384 Erratum to "Gender's effect on willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso" [Health Policy 64 (2003) 153-162]
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Snow, Rachel & Mugisha, Frederick & Sauerborn, Rainer
May 2004, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 129-142 Universal health care for Colombians 10 years after Law 100: challenges and opportunities
by Rosa, Rodriguez-Monguio & Alberto, Infante Campos
- 143-158 A consumer-based tool for evaluating the quality of health services in the Israeli health care system following reform
by Gross, Revital
- 159-168 Relationship between hospital structural level and length of stay outliers: Implications for hospital payment systems
by Cots, Francesc & Mercade, Lluc & Castells, Xavier & Salvador, Xavier
- 169-181 Auto Action Learning: a tool for policy change: Building capacity across the developing regional system to improve health in the North East of England
by Learmonth, Alyson & Pedler, Mike
- 183-196 Day surgery and hospital efficiency: empirical analysis of Norwegian hospitals, 1999-2001
by Martinussen, Pal E. & Midttun, Linda
- 197-209 The impact of urban health insurance reform on hospital charges: a case study from two cities in China
by Meng, Qingyue & Rehnberg, Clas & Zhuang, Ning & Bian, Ying & Tomson, Goran & Tang, Shenglan
- 211-222 Spatial pattern of private health care provision in Ujjain, India: a provider survey processed and analysed with a Geographical Information System
by Deshpande, Kirti & RaviShankar & Diwan, Vishal & Lonnroth, Knut & Mahadik, Vijay Kumar & Chandorkar, Ram Krishna
- 223-232 Trends in geographic disparities in allocation of health care resources in the US
by Horev, Tuvia & Pesis-Katz, Irena & Mukamel, Dana B.
- 233-244 Increased excess deaths in urban areas: quantification of geographical variation in mortality in Japan, 1973-1998
by Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 245-255 Population-based health indexes: a systematic review
by Kaltenthaler, Eva & Maheswaran, Ravi & Beverley, Catherine
April 2004, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-15 From Corporate Governance To Hospital Governance.: Authority, transparency and accountability of Belgian non-profit hospitals' board and management
by Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur
- 17-30 Universal health coverage in Thailand: ideas for reform and policy struggling
by Pannarunothai, Supasit & Patmasiriwat, Direk & Srithamrongsawat, Samrit
- 31-36 A note on a discussion group study of public preferences regarding priorities in the allocation of donor kidneys
by Dolan, Paul & Shaw, Rebecca
- 37-46 Equality or equity in health care access: a qualitative study of doctors' explanations to a longer doctor's delay among female TB patients in Vietnam
by Thorson, A. & Johansson, E.
- 47-54 The effect of generic competition on the price of brand-name drugs
by Lexchin, Joel
- 55-61 Experiences of foreign European nurses in The Netherlands
by de Veer, Anke & den Ouden, Dirk-Jan & Francke, Anneke
- 63-79 The welfare state as a determinant of women's health: support for women's quality of life in Canada and four comparison nations
by Raphael, Dennis & Bryant, Toba
- 81-92 Adoption of innovations by specialised nurses: personal, work and organisational characteristics
by van der Weide, Marian & Smits, Jeroen
- 93-102 Malaria incidence in rural Benin: does economics matter in endemic area?
by Mensah, Omer A. & Kumaranayake, Lilani
- 103-112 Health sector policy in the first decade of Nepal's multiparty democracy: Does clear enunciation of health priorities matter?
by Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Maskay, Nephil Matangi
- 113-121 The Pharmacy-based Cost Group model: validating and adjusting the classification of medications for chronic conditions to the Dutch situation
by Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A.
March 2004, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 241-244 1978: A good year, but a vintage past its best
by Rhodes, Grant
- 245-255 Globalisation and local power: influences on health matters in South Africa
by Gilbert, Tal & Gilbert, Leah
- 257-264 Use of deceptive tactics in physician practices: are there differences between international and US medical graduates?
by Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Dow, William H. & Wang, Virginia & VanGeest, Jonathan B.
- 265-269 Prevalence of anti-HAV and anti-HEV antibodies in Konya, Turkey
by Atabek, M. Emre & Fyndyk, Duygu & Gulyuz, Abdulgani & Erkul, Ibrahim
- 271-280 Equity in resource allocation in the Irish health service: A policy Delphi study
by O'Loughlin, Rosalyn & Kelly, Alan
- 281-291 Financing and planning of public and private not-for-profit hospitals in the European Union
by Thompson, Ceri R. & McKee, Martin
- 293-307 Comparing systems for costing hospital treatments: The case of stable angina pectoris
by Larsen, Jytte & Skjoldborg, Ulla Slothuus
- 309-322 Inequities in access to medical care in five countries: findings from the 2001 Commonwealth Fund International Health Policy Survey
by Schoen, Cathy & Doty, Michelle M.
- 323-328 MMR mass vaccination campaigns, vaccine-related adverse events, and the limits of the decision making process, in Brazil
by Cunha, Sergio C. & Dourado, Ines
- 329-343 Changing health in China: re-evaluating the epidemiological transition model
by Cook, Ian G. & Dummer, Trevor J. B.
February 2004, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 119-127 Improving health security: a pilot study from Finland linking disability and health expenditures
by Vohlonen, Ilkka & Ihalainen, Risto & Saltman, Richard B. & Karhunen, Taru & Palmunen, Juha & Kinnunen, Juha
- 129-136 Satisfaction with and access to community care of the chronically ill in Israel's health system
by Bentur, Netta & Gross, Revital & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 137-148 Accessibility and the Canadian health care system: squaring perceptions and realities
by Wilson, Kathi & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 149-165 Incentives and pharmaceutical reimbursement reforms in Spain
by Puig-Junoy, Jaume
- 167-172 South African Academic Health--the future challenge
by van Zyl, G. J.
- 173-186 Fend for yourself: Systemic failure in the Dominican health system
by La Forgia, Gerard & Levine, Ruth & Diaz, Arismendi & Rathe, Magdalena
- 187-194 Discounting in decision making: the consistency argument revisited empirically
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & van Exel, N. Job A.
- 195-206 Impact of the case payment reimbursement method on the utilization and costs of laparoscopic cholecystectomy
by Lang, Hui-Chu & Chi, Chunhuei & Liu, Chi-Ming
- 207-214 The organisation and development of primary care pharmacy in the United Kingdom
by Silcock, Jonathan & Raynor, D. K. Theo & Petty, Duncan
- 215-224 Using risk analysis in Health Impact Assessment: the impact of different relative risks for men and women in different socio-economic groups
by Nilunger, Louise & Diderichsen, Finn & Burstrom, Bo & Ostlin, Piroska
- 227-235 Is publicly funded health care really distributed according to need? The example of cardiac rehabilitation in the UK
by Raine, Rosalind & Hutchings, Andrew & Black, Nick
January 2004, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-13 Strategies and performance in hospitals
by Madorran Garcia, Cristina & de Val Pardo, Isabel
- 15-24 The policy analysis of `values talk': lessons from Canadian health reform
by Giacomini, Mita & Hurley, Jeremiah & Gold, Irving & Smith, Patricia & Abelson, Julia
- 25-37 County level responses to the introduction of DRG rates for "extended choice" hospital patients in Denmark
by Vrangbaek, Karsten & Bech, Mickael
- 39-55 Petro-state constraints on health policy: guidelines for workable reform in Venezuela
by Trujillo, Antonio J.
- 57-74 The impact of ageing on hospital care and long-term care--the example of Germany
by Schulz, Erika & Leidl, Reiner & Konig, Hans-Helmut
- 75-91 Co-payments in the Austrian social health insurance system: Analysing patient behaviour and patients' views on the effects of co-payments
by Reichmann, Gerhard & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
- 93-106 Patient care seeking barriers and tuberculosis programme reform: a qualitative study
by Needham, Dale M. & Bowman, Dennis & Foster, Susan D. & Godfrey-Faussett, Peter
- 107-113 Prescription of technical aids by general practitioners in the Netherlands
by Biermans, M. C. J. & Dekker, J. & van den Ende, C. H. M.
December 2003, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 215-228 A comparison of single- and multi-payer health insurance systems and options for reform
by Hussey, P. & Anderson, G. F.
- 229-238 Analysis of primary health care utilisation in south-western Finland--a tool for management
by Ovaskainen, P. T. & Rautava, P. T. & Ojanlatva, A. & Pakkila, J. K. & Paivarinta, R. M.
- 239-246 Analysis of hospital charges for ischemic stroke in Fukuoka, Japan
by Tu, Feng & Anan, Makoto & Kiyohara, Yutaka & Okada, Yasushi & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 247-260 The economics of public health: financing drug abuse treatment services
by Cartwright, William S. & Solano, Paul L.
- 261-275 Politicians' and hospital managers' trade-offs in the choice of reimbursement scheme: a discrete choice experiment
by Bech, Mickael
- 277-293 Measuring geographic inequities in the Portuguese health care system: an estimation of hospital care needs
by Oliveira, Monica Duarte & Bevan, Gwyn
- 295-303 Priority setting in a hospital drug formulary: a qualitative case study and evaluation
by Martin, Douglas K. & Hollenberg, Daniel & MacRae, Sue & Madden, Shannon & Singer, Peter
November 2003, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 123-134 Opinions on changes in the Romanian health care system from people's point of view: a descriptive study
by Bara, Ana-Claudia & van den Heuvel, W. J. A. & Maarse, J. A. M. & van Dijk, Jitse & de Witte, Luc P.
- 135-146 Assessing attitude towards prioritizing in healthcare in Iceland
by Oddsson, Kristjan
- 147-158 Long-term follow-up and consequences for severe road traffic injuries--treatment costs and health impairment in Sweden in the 1960s and the 1990s
by Maraste, Pia & Persson, Ulf & Berntman, Monica
- 159-168 How to minimize inappropriate utilization of Accident and Emergency Departments: improve the validity of classifying the general practice cases amongst the A&E attendees
by Lee, Albert & Hazlett, Clarke B. & Chow, S. & Lau, Fei-lung & Kam, Chak-wah & Wong, Patrick & Wong, Tai-wai
- 169-177 Drug reimbursement in Finland--a case of explicit prioritising in special categories
by Vuorenkoski, Lauri & Toiviainen, Hanna & Hemminki, Elina
- 179-197 The precautionary principle within European Union public health policy: The implementation of the principle under conditions of supranationality and citizenship
by Antonopoulou, Lila & van Meurs, Philip
- 199-211 The relationship between prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and stakeholder decision making in Uganda: implications for health policy
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Robbestad, Bjarne & Frithjof Norheim, Ole
October 2003, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-10 Focusing on changing clinical practice to enhance rational prescribing--collaboration and networking enable comprehensive approaches
by Helin-Salmivaara, Arja & Huupponen, Risto & Klaukka, Timo & Hoppu, Kalle
- 11-27 Nurse-led shared care diabetes projects: lessons from the nurses' viewpoint
by Eijkelberg, Irmgard M. J. G. & Spreeuwenberg, Cor & Wolffenbuttel, Bruce H. R. & van Wilderen, Loek J. G. P. & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid M.
- 29-49 How can we improve the quality of health care in Japan?: Learning from JCQHC Hospital Accreditation
by Hirose, Masahiro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Evans, Edward
- 51-59 General practitioners and their role in maternity care
by Wiegers, T. A.
- 61-72 Global policy: aspects of diabetes in India
by Bjork, Stefan & Kapur, Anil & King, Hilary & Nair, Jyotsna & Ramachandran, A.
- 73-93 Service production and contract choice in primary physician services
by Sorensen, Rune J. & Grytten, Jostein
- 95-106 Does deliberation make a difference? Results from a citizens panel study of health goals priority setting
by Abelson, Julia & Eyles, John & McLeod, Christopher B. & Collins, Patricia & McMullan, Colin & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier
- 107-117 Income inequality and mortality: time series evidence from Canada
by Laporte, Audrey & Ferguson, Brian S.
September 2003, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 201-215 Towards a new welfare state: the social sustainability principle and health care strategies
by Garces, Jorge & Rodenas, Francisco & Sanjose, Vicente
- 217-226 Health care policy: qualitative evidence and health technology assessment
by Leys, Mark
- 227-241 Development of integrated care in England and the Netherlands: Managing across public-private boundaries
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & Hardy, Brian & Steenbergen, Marijke & Wistow, Gerald
- 243-259 Should general practitioners purchase health care for their patients? The total purchasing experiment in Britain
by Wyke, Sally & Mays, Nicholas & Street, Andrew & Bevan, Gwyn & McLeod, Hugh & Goodwin, Nick
- 261-267 Modifications of health resource-use in Italy after the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Pharmaco-economic implications in a population-based setting
by Torti, Carlo & Casari, Salvatore & Palvarini, Loredana & Quiros-Roldan, Eugenia & Moretti, Francesca & Leone, Luigi & Patroni, Andrea & Castelli, Francesco & Ripamonti, Diego & Tramarin, Andrea & Carosi, Giampiero AU -
- 269-275 A prospective multicenter study of the effect of patient education on acceptability of generic prescribing in general practice
by Valles, Joan-Antoni & Barreiro, Maica & Cereza, Gloria & Ferro, Juan-Jose & Martinez, Maria-Jose & Escriba, Josep-Maria & Iglesias, Begona & Cucurull, Esther & Barcelo, Estrella AU -
- 277-299 Determinants of child mortality in LDCs: Empirical findings from demographic and health surveys
by Wang, Limin
- 301-311 Access to drug therapy and substitution between alternative antidepressants following an expansion of the California medicaid formulary
by McCombs, Jeffrey S. & Shi, Lizheng & Croghan, Thomas W. & Stimmel, Glen L.
August 2003, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 101-107 Have DRG-based prospective payment systems influenced the number of secondary diagnoses in health care administrative data?
by Serden, Lisbeth & Lindqvist, Rikard & Rosen, Mans
- 109-118 Poor performance of community health workers in Kalabo District, Zambia
by Stekelenburg, Jelle & Kyanamina, Sindele Simasiku & Wolffers, Ivan
- 119-127 Standard of care and liability in medical malpractice litigation in Japan
by Hagihara, Akihito & Nishi, Minako & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 129-137 Can we bridge the gap between goals and practice through a common vision? A study of politicians and managers' understanding of the provisions of elderly care services
by Henriksen, E. & Selander, G. & Rosenqvist, U.
- 139-151 Breaking down barriers: integrating health and care services for older people in England
by Glendinning, Caroline
- 153-165 Socio-economic differences in the utilisation of health services in Belgium
by Van der Heyden, J. H. A. & Demarest, S. & Tafforeau, J. & Van Oyen, H.
- 167-179 The availability of drugs: what does it mean in Ugandan primary care
by Jitta, Jessica & Whyte, Susan Reynolds & Nshakira, Nathan
- 181-197 Are DNA patents bad for medicine?
by Resnik, David B.
July 2003, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-3 Risk adjustment in Europe
by Chernichovsky, Dov & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 5-19 Belgium: risk adjustment and financial responsibility in a centralised system
by Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine
- 21-35 Needs for further improvement: risk adjustment in the German health insurance system
by Buchner, Florian & Wasem, Jurgen
- 37-48 Risk adjustment and risk sharing: the Israeli experience
by Shmueli, Amir & Chernichovsky, Dov & Zmora, Irit
- 49-62 Risk adjusted premium subsidies and risk sharing: key elements of the competitive sickness fund market in the Netherlands
by Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 63-74 Risk adjustment in Switzerland
by Beck, Konstantin & Spycher, Stefan & Holly, Alberto & Gardiol, Lucien
- 75-98 Risk adjustment and risk selection on the sickness fund insurance market in five European countries
by van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Beck, Konstantin & Buchner, Florian & Chernichovsky, Dov & Gardiol, Lucien & Holly, Alberto & Lamers, Leida M. & Schokkaert, Erik & Shmueli, Amir & Spycher, Stephan & Van de Voorde, Carine & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & Wasem, Jurgen & Zmora, Irith
June 2003, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 279-289 Market competition: everybody is talking, but what do they say?: A sociological analysis of market competition in policy networks
by Paulus, Aggie & van Raak, Arno & van der Made, Jan & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid
- 291-296 Do people with type 2 diabetes and their carers lose income? (T2ARDIS-4)
by Holmes, Jeremy & Gear, Elena & Bottomley, Julia & Gillam, Stephen & Murphy, Moira & Williams, Rhys
- 297-309 Mothers' education and childhood mortality in Ghana
by Buor, Daniel
- 311-324 Selecting methods for the prediction of future events in cost-effectiveness models: a decision-framework and example from the cardiovascular field
by Grieve, Richard & Hutton, John & Green, Colin
- 325-333 Impact of long-term care insurance on institutional dementia care in Japan
by Ito, Hiroto & Miyamoto, Yuki
- 335-348 Setting priorities and allocating resources in health regions: lessons from a project evaluating program budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)
by Mitton, Craig R. & Donaldson, Cam
- 349-375 The shortage of registered nurses and some new estimates of the effects of wages on registered nurses labor supply: a look at the past and a preview of the 21st century
by Chiha, Yvana A. & Link, Charles R.
- 377-389 Characteristics of a medical care program for specific diseases in Japan in an era of changing cost-sharing
by Nakatani, Hiroki & Kondo, Takefumi
- 391-398 Quality systems in health care: a sociotechnical approach
by Harteloh, P. P. M.
- 399-413 Providing health care for older persons in Singapore
by Teo, Peggy & Chan, Angelique & Straughan, Paulin
- 415-423 Paying doctors by salary: a controlled study of general practitioner behaviour in England
by Gosden, Toby & Sibbald, Bonnie & Williams, Jackie & Petchey, Roland & Leese, Brenda
May 2003, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 131-141 The costs of New Zealand pathology
by France, Necia C. & Francis, Graham A. J. & Lawrence, Stewart R.
- 143-152 Co-financing as a means to improve collaboration between primary health care, social insurance and social service in Sweden. A qualitative study of collaboration experiences among rehabilitation partners
by Hultberg, Eva-Lisa & Lonnroth, Knut & Allebeck, Peter
- 153-162 Gender's effect on willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Snow, Rachel & Mugisha, Frederick & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 163-172 Impact of a cost sharing drug insurance plan on drug utilization among individuals receiving social assistance
by Blais, Lucie & Couture, Julie & Rahme, Elham & LeLorier, Jacques
- 173-191 Implementation of provincial/territorial health goals in Canada
by Williamson, Deanna L. & Milligan, C. Dawne & Kwan, Brenda & Frankish, C. James & Ratner, Pamela A.
- 193-205 A critical examination of the hospital restructuring process in Ontario, Canada
by Bryant, Toba
- 207-219 Economics and the evaluation of health care programmes: generalisability of methods and implications for generalisability of results
by Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram
- 221-228 Prevalence of hepatitis C in a drug using and non-using welfare population
by Montoya, Isaac D. & Atkinson, John S. & Lichtiger, Benjamin & Whitsett, Donna D.
- 229-241 Client demands and the allocation of home care in the Netherlands. A multinomial logit model of client types, care needs and referrals
by van Campen, Cretien & Woittiez, Isolde B.
- 243-259 Human resources for health in Palestine: a policy analysis: Part I: Current situation and recent developments
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
- 261-273 Human resources for health in Palestine: a policy analysis. Part II. The process of policy formulation and implementation
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
April 2003, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-12 Financial incentives, competition and a two tier service: lessons from the UK National Health Service internal market
by Milne, Robin G. & Torsney, Ben
- 13-37 AIDS and public policy: the lessons and challenges of `success' in Thailand
by Ainsworth, Martha & Beyrer, Chris & Soucat, Agnes
- 39-54 Normative models of health technology assessment and the social production of evidence about telehealth care
by Williams, Tracy & May, Carl & Mair, Frances & Mort, Maggie & Gask, Linda
- 55-62 Patient satisfaction with care is associated with personal choice of physician
by Kalda, R. & Polluste, K. & Lember, M.
- 63-73 E-business in health care: does it contribute to strengthen consumer interest?
by Kertzman, Ed & Janssen, Richard & Ruster, Marijn
- 75-88 Stimulating pharmaceutical research and development for neglected diseases
by Mrazek, Monique F. & Mossialos, Elias
- 89-97 Cost-effectiveness of glycemic control and ophthalmological care in diabetic retinopathy
by Polak, B. C. P. & Crijns, H. & Casparie, A. F. & Niessen, L. W.
- 99-112 National Health Insurance and the antenatal care use: a case in Taiwan
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Li-Mei
- 113-127 Health sector reforms in Kenya: an examination of district level planning
by Oyaya, Charles O. & Rifkin, Susan B.
March 2003, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 229-237 Clinical and lay preferences for the explicit prioritisation of elective waiting lists: survey evidence from Wales
by Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor & Boland, Angela & Wilkinson, Clare & Cohen, David & Williams, John
- 239-257 The effect of funding policy on day of week admissions and discharges in hospitals: the cases of Austria and Canada
by Leonard, Kevin J. & Rauner, Marion S. & Schaffhauser-Linzatti, Michaela-Maria & Yap, Richard
- 259-268 The influence of change of legislation concerning sickness absence on physicians' performance as certifiers: A population-based study
by Arrelov, Britt & Borgquist, Lars & Ljungberg, Dan & Svardsudd, Kurt
- 269-278 A perspective on the analysis of credible commitment and myopia in health sector decision making
by Jan, Stephen
- 279-287 Israelis evaluate their health care system before and after the introduction of the national health insurance law
by Shmueli, Amir
- 289-298 Should I stay or should I go? Waiting lists and cross-border care in the Netherlands
by Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Hermans, Bert & Stoop, Arjen
- 299-310 Planning for health sector reform in post-conflict situations: Kosovo 1999-2000
by Shuey, Dean A. & Qosaj, Fatime Arenliu & Schouten, Erik J. & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 311-321 Workplace violence in Alberta and British Columbia hospitals
by Hesketh, Kathryn L. & Duncan, Susan M. & Estabrooks, Carole A. & Reimer, Marlene A. & Giovannetti, Phyllis & Hyndman, Kathryn & Acorn, Sonia
- 323-338 Health sector regulation in Thailand: recent progress and the future agenda
by Teerawattananon, Yot & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Tantivess, Sripen & Mills, Anne
February 2003, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 117-120 Evaluating health interventions in the 21st century: old and new challenges
by McDaid, D. & Cookson, R. & Maynard, A. & Sassi, F.
- 121-132 The development of health technology assessment
by Banta, David
- 133-139 Evaluating health care interventions in the European Union
by McDaid, David & Cookson, Richard AU -
- 141-154 Setting priorities for the evaluation of health interventions: when theory does not meet practice
by Sassi, Franco
- 155-165 From health technology assessment to research on the organisation and delivery of health services: addressing the balance
by Fulop, Naomi & Allen, Pauline & Clarke, Aileen & Black, Nick
- 167-178 Regulating the economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical devices: a European perspective
by Cookson, Richard & Hutton, John
- 179-186 The role of the media in steering public opinion on healthcare issues
by Benelli, Eva
- 187-196 Evaluations of health interventions in social insurance-based countries: Germany, the Netherlands, and Austria
by Wild, Claudia & Gibis, Bernhard
- 197-204 Health economic evaluation in Japan: a case study of one aspect of health technology assessment
by Oliver, Adam
- 205-213 Co-ordinating health technology assessment in Canada: a European perspective
by McDaid, David
- 215-226 Evaluating health interventions: exploiting the potential
by Maynard, Alan & McDaid, David
January 2003, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-15 The use of `arms-length' organizations for health system change in Ontario, Canada: some observations by insiders
by Pink, George H. & Leatt, Peggy
- 17-36 The economic impact of malaria in Africa: a critical review of the evidence
by Chima, Reginald Ikechukwu & Goodman, Catherine A. & Mills, Anne
- 37-47 The reliability and validity of willingness to pay surveys for reproductive health pricing decisions in developing countries
by Foreit, James R. & Foreit, Karen G. Fleischman
- 49-61 Establishing a standard for patient-completed instrument adaptations in Eastern Europe: experience with the Nottingham Health Profile in Hungary
by Lovas, Kornelia & Kalo, Zoltan & McKenna, Stephen P. & Whalley, Diane & Pentek, Marta & Genti, Gyorgy
- 63-72 Is publicly funded health care really distributed according to need? The example of cardiac rehabilitation in the UK
by Raine, Rosalind & Hutchings, Andrew & Black, Nick
- 73-80 Financial and organisational reforms in the health sector; implications for the financing and management of mental health care services
by Lien, Lars
- 81-94 A model for costs of stroke services
by Sundberg, Gun & Bagust, Adrian & Terent, Andreas
- 95-107 Selective referrals in a `hub and spoke' institutional setting: the case of coronary angioplasty procedures
by Nobilio, L. & Ugolini, C.
December 2002, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 227-242 Priority setting for health technology assessment in The Netherlands: principles and practice
by Oortwijn, Wija J. & Vondeling, Hindrik & van Barneveld, Teus & van Vugt, Christel & Bouter, Lex M.
- 243-273 Understanding informal payments for health care: the example of Bulgaria
by Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 275-290 Resource allocation decisions in Canada's health care system: can these decisions be challenged in a court of law
by Sweatman, Louise R. & Woollard, Diane
- 291-307 Vaccine safety policy analysis in three European countries: the case of thimerosal
by Freed, Gary L. & Andreae, Margie C. & Cowan, Anne E. & Katz, Samuel L.
- 309-328 Rapid appraisal methodology for `health for all' policy formulation analysis
by Peiro, Rosana & Alvarez-Dardet, Carlos & Plasencia, Antoni & Borrell, Carme & Colomer, Concha & Moya, Carmela & Pasarin, M. Isabel & Zafra, Eduardo
- 329-341 Gender and socioeconomic status as determinants of waiting time for inpatient surgery in a system with implicit queue management
by Arnesen, Kjell E. & Erikssen, Jan & Stavem, Knut
November 2002, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 117-129 Increasing inequalities in health care utilisation across income groups in Sweden during the 1990s?
by Burstrom, Bo
- 131-139 Integrating medical specialists and hospitals. The growing relevance of collective organisation of medical specialists for Dutch hospital governance
by Scholten, G.R.M & van der Grinten, T.E.D
- 141-160 The relationship between disease control strategies and health system development: the case of TB
by Collins, Charles D & Green, Andrew T & Newell, James N
- 161-172 Future health care costs--do health care costs during the last year of life matter?
by Wickstrom, Jannie & Serup-Hansen, Niels & Kristiansen, Ivar Sonbo
- 173-194 Interpreting public input into priority-setting: the role of mediating institutions
by Tenbensel, Tim
- 195-209 Public attitude and knowledge on a new health policy for pharmaceutical care in Korea
by Kang, Hye-Young & Park, Chong Yon & Joong Kim, Han
- 211-221 Culturally and linguistically appropriate health care for racial or ethnic minorities: analysis of the US Office of Minority Health's recommended standards
by Shaw-Taylor, Yoku
October 2002, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-13 The effect of drug co-payment policy on the purchase of prescription drugs for children with infections in the community
by Reuveni, Haim & Sheizaf, Boaz & Elhayany, Asher & Sherf, Michael & Limoni, Yehuda & Scharff, S. & Peled, Ronit
- 15-29 Reforming the reform: the greek national health system in transition
by Tountas, Yannis & Karnaki, Panagiota & Pavi, Elpida
- 31-51 Community-directed treatment with ivermectin in two Nigerian communities: an analysis of first year start-up processes, costs and consequences
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Shu, Elvis & Okonkwo, Paul
- 55-63 Health systems development in four Caribbean territories: introduction
by Haqq, Edison & Mills, Anne