A conditional nonparametric analysis for measuring the efficiency of regional public healthcare delivery: An application to Greek prefectures
The purpose of this study is to measure the Greek public healthcare delivery efficiency from a regional perspective by applying conditional nonparametric models.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeong, Seok-Oh & Simar, Léopold, 2006. "Linearly interpolated FDH efficiency score for nonconvex frontiers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 2141-2161, November.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- George Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2010. "The effect of foreign ownership on SMEs performance: An efficiency analysis perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 167-180, October.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998.
"A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000. "A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Andrés Alonso & Daniel Peña & Juan Romo, 2006. "Introducing model uncertainty by moving blocks bootstrap," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 167-179, March.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Robert F. Conrad & Robert P. Strauss, 1986. "A Comparative Application of Data Envelopment Analysis and Translog Methods: An Illustrative Study of Hospital Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 30-44, January.
- Kooreman, Peter, 1994. "Data envelopment analysis and parametric frontier estimation: complementary tools," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 345-346, October.
- Magnussen, Jon & Nyland, Kari, 2008. "Measuring efficiency in clinical departments," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-7, July.
- Grosskopf, S. & Valdmanis, V., 1987. "Measuring hospital performance : A non-parametric approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 89-107, June.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-377581 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cazals, Catherine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Leopold, 2002. "Nonparametric frontier estimation: a robust approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Rajitkanok Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2008. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals during the introduction of universal health coverage using capitation," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 319-338, December.
- Liaropoulos, Lycurgus & Tragakes, Ellie, 1998. "Public/private financing in the Greek health care system: implications for equity," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-169, February.
- Jos Blank & Vivian Valdmanis, 2010. "Environmental factors and productivity on Dutch hospitals: a semi-parametric approach," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-34, March.
- Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2005.
"Introducing Environmental Variables in Nonparametric Frontier Models: a Probabilistic Approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 93-121, 09.
- Cinzia Daraio & Leopold Simar, 2003. "Introducing Environmental Variables in Nonparametric Frontier Models: a Probabilistic Approach," LEM Papers Series 2003/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Bădin, Luiza & Simar, Léopold, 2009. "A Bias-Corrected Nonparametric Envelopment Estimator Of Frontiers," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(05), pages 1289-1318, October.
- Zuckerman, Stephen & Hadley, Jack & Iezzoni, Lisa, 1994. "Measuring hospital efficiency with frontier cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-280, October.
- Chang, Hsihui & Chang, Wen-Jing & Das, Somnath & Li, Shu-Hsing, 2004. "Health care regulation and the operating efficiency of hospitals: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 483-510.
- James F. Burgess, Jr. & Paul W. Wilson, 1996. "Hospital Ownership and Technical Inefficiency," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(1), pages 110-123, January.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris, 2005. "Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 195-204, February.
- Tatchell, Michael, 1983. "Measuring hospital output: A review of the service mix and case mix approaches," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(13), pages 871-883, January.
- Linna, Miika & Hakkinen, Unto & Magnussen, Jon, 2006. "Comparing hospital cost efficiency between Norway and Finland," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 268-278, August.
- Vitikainen, Kirsi & Street, Andrew & Linna, Miika, 2009. "Estimation of hospital efficiency--Do different definitions and casemix measures for hospital output affect the results?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 149-159, February.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2002. "Non-parametric tests of returns to scale," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 115-132, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:103:y:2011:i:1:p:73-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.