A conditional nonparametric analysis for measuring the efficiency of regional public healthcare delivery: An application to Greek prefectures
The purpose of this study is to measure the Greek public healthcare delivery efficiency from a regional perspective by applying conditional nonparametric models.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Bădin, Luiza & Simar, Léopold, 2009. "A Bias-Corrected Nonparametric Envelopment Estimator Of Frontiers," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(05), pages 1289-1318, October.
- Kooreman, Peter, 1994. "Data envelopment analysis and parametric frontier estimation: complementary tools," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 345-346, October.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2002. "Non-parametric tests of returns to scale," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 115-132, May.
- Jeong, Seok-Oh & Simar, Léopold, 2006. "Linearly interpolated FDH efficiency score for nonconvex frontiers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 2141-2161, November.
- Jos Blank & Vivian Valdmanis, 2010. "Environmental factors and productivity on Dutch hospitals: a semi-parametric approach," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-34, March.
- Andrés Alonso & Daniel Peña & Juan Romo, 2006. "Introducing model uncertainty by moving blocks bootstrap," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 167-179, March.
- Vitikainen, Kirsi & Street, Andrew & Linna, Miika, 2009. "Estimation of hospital efficiency--Do different definitions and casemix measures for hospital output affect the results?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 149-159, February.
- Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2005. "Introducing Environmental Variables in Nonparametric Frontier Models: a Probabilistic Approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 93-121, 09.
- Cinzia Daraio & Leopold Simar, 2003. "Introducing Environmental Variables in Nonparametric Frontier Models: a Probabilistic Approach," LEM Papers Series 2003/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Robert F. Conrad & Robert P. Strauss, 1986. "A Comparative Application of Data Envelopment Analysis and Translog Methods: An Illustrative Study of Hospital Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 30-44, January.
- Liaropoulos, Lycurgus & Tragakes, Ellie, 1998. "Public/private financing in the Greek health care system: implications for equity," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-169, February.
- Zuckerman, Stephen & Hadley, Jack & Iezzoni, Lisa, 1994. "Measuring hospital efficiency with frontier cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-280, October.
- Tatchell, Michael, 1983. "Measuring hospital output: A review of the service mix and case mix approaches," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(13), pages 871-883, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Linna, Miika & Hakkinen, Unto & Magnussen, Jon, 2006. "Comparing hospital cost efficiency between Norway and Finland," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 268-278, August.
- Cazals, Catherine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Leopold, 2002. "Nonparametric frontier estimation: a robust approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris, 2005. "Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 195-204, February.
- Grosskopf, S. & Valdmanis, V., 1987. "Measuring hospital performance : A non-parametric approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 89-107, June.
- George Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2010. "The effect of foreign ownership on SMEs performance: An efficiency analysis perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 167-180, October.
- James F. Burgess, Jr. & Paul W. Wilson, 1996. "Hospital Ownership and Technical Inefficiency," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(1), pages 110-123, January.
- Rajitkanok Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2008. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals during the introduction of universal health coverage using capitation," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 319-338, December.
- Chang, Hsihui & Chang, Wen-Jing & Das, Somnath & Li, Shu-Hsing, 2004. "Health care regulation and the operating efficiency of hospitals: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 483-510.
- Magnussen, Jon & Nyland, Kari, 2008. "Measuring efficiency in clinical departments," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-7, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:103:y:2011:i:1:p:73-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)or ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.