Analysing the Greek health system: a tale of fragmentation and inertia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adam Wagstaff, 2002. "Reflections on and alternatives to WHO's fairness of financial contribution index," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 103-115.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & van der Burg, Hattem & Christiansen, Terkel & De Graeve, Diana & Duchesne, Inge & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna, 2000. "Equity in the delivery of health care in Europe and the US," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 553-583, September.
- Giokas, Dimitris I., 2001. "Greek hospitals: how well their resources are used," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 73-83, February.
- Huisman, Martijn & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P., 2003. "Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity among the elderly; a European overview," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 861-873, September.
- Polyzos, Nicholas M., 2002. "Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 305-328, September.
- Athanassopoulos, Antreas & Gounaris, Chrysostomos, 2001. "Assessing the technical and allocative efficiency of hospital operations in Greece and its resource allocation implications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 416-431, January.
- Chiara Bronchi, 2001. "Options for Reforming The Tax System in Greece," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 291, OECD Publishing.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2002. "The Size and Development of the Shadow Economies of 22 Transition and 21 OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 514, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Liaropoulos, Lycurgus L., 1995. "Health services financing in Greece: a role for private health insurance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-62, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kazanis, Ilias, 2013. "Reforming the Greek health system: A role for non-medical, clinical bioscientists," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 46-51.
- Siskou, Olga & Kaitelidou, Daphne & Papakonstantinou, Vasiliki & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos, 2008. "Private health expenditure in the Greek health care system: Where truth ends and the myth begins," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 282-293, December.
- Geitona, Mary & Zavras, Dimitrios & Hatzikou, Magda & Kyriopoulos, John, 2006. "Generics market in Greece: The pharmaceutical industry's beliefs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 35-48, November.
- Katsimi, Margarita & Moutos, Thomas, 2010. "EMU and the Greek crisis: The political-economy perspective," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 568-576, December.
- Laliotis, Ioannis & Stavropoulou, Charitini, 2017. "Crises and mortality: Does the level of unemployment matter?," MPRA Paper 77873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manos Matsaganis & Theodore Mitrakos & Panos Tsakloglou, 2009. "Modelling health expenditure at the household level in Greece," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(3), pages 329-336, July.
- Stamatiadis, Filippos & Eriotis, Nikolaos, 2011. "Evolution of the Governmental Accounting Reform implementation in Greek Public Hospitals: Testing the institutional framework," MPRA Paper 28816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kristian Bolin & Anna Lindgren & Björn Lindgren & Petter Lundborg, 2009.
"Utilisation of physician services in the 50+ population: the relative importance of individual versus institutional factors in 10 European countries,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 83-112, March.
- Kristian Bolin & Anna Lindgren & Bjorn Lindgren & Petter Lundborg, 2008. "Utilisation of Physician Services in the 50+ Population. The Relative Importance of Individual versus Institutional Factors in 10 European Countries," NBER Working Papers 14096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikolaos Oikonomou & Yannis Tountas & Argiris Mariolis & Kyriakos Souliotis & Kostas Athanasakis & John Kyriopoulos, 2016. "Measuring the efficiency of the Greek rural primary health care using a restricted DEA model; the case of southern and western Greece," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 313-325, December.
- Aletras, Vassilios & Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Zagouldoudis, Athanasios & Niakas, Dimitris, 2007. "The short-term effect on technical and scale efficiency of establishing regional health systems and general management in Greek NHS hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(2-3), pages 236-245, October.
- Liaropoulos, Lycourgos & Siskou, Olga & Kaitelidou, Daphne & Theodorou, Mamas & Katostaras, Theofanis, 2008. "Informal payments in public hospitals in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 72-81, July.
- Kastanioti, Catherine & Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Stasinopoulos, Dionysis & Kapetaneas, Nikolaos & Polyzos, Nikolaos, 2013. "Public procurement of health technologies in Greece in an era of economic crisis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 7-13.
- Garcia-Prado, Ariadna & Gonzalez, Paula, 2007. "Policy and regulatory responses to dual practice in the health sector," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(2-3), pages 142-152, December.
- Bago d'Uva, Teresa & Jones, Andrew M., 2009.
"Health care utilisation in Europe: New evidence from the ECHP,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 265-279, March.
- Teresa Bago d’Uva & Andrew M. Jones, 2006. "Health care utilisation in Europe: new evidence from the ECHP," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:eur:ejserj:198 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goranitis, Ilias & Siskou, Olga & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos, 2014. "Health policy making under information constraints: An evaluation of the policy responses to the economic crisis in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 279-284.
- Kyriakos Souliotis & Christina Golna & Yannis Tountas & Olga Siskou & Daphne Kaitelidou & Lycourgos Liaropoulos, 2016. "Informal payments in the Greek health sector amid the financial crisis: old habits die last..," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(2), pages 159-170, March.
- Manos Matsaganis & Theodore Mitrakos & Panos Tsakloglou, 2008. "Modelling Household Expenditure on Health Care in Greece," Working Papers 68, Bank of Greece.
- Polyzos, Nikolaos & Karanikas, Haralampos & Thireos, Eleftherios & Kastanioti, Catherine & Kontodimopoulos, Nick, 2013. "Reforming reimbursement of public hospitals in Greece during the economic crisis: Implementation of a DRG system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 14-22.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:14:y:2005:i:s1:p:s151-s168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.