The short-term effect on technical and scale efficiency of establishing regional health systems and general management in Greek NHS hospitals
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Elias Mossialos & Sara Allin & Konstantina Davaki, 2005. "Analysing the Greek health system: a tale of fragmentation and inertia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 151-168.
- Jensen, Gail A. & Morrisey, Michael A., 1986. "Medical staff specialty mix and hospital production," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 253-276, September.
- Vassilis H. Aletras, 1999. "A comparison of hospital scale effects in short-run and long-run cost functions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 521-530.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Linna, Miika & Hakkinen, Unto & Magnussen, Jon, 2006. "Comparing hospital cost efficiency between Norway and Finland," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 268-278, August.
- Abel-Smith, Brian & Mossialos, Elias, 1994. "Cost containment and health care reform: a study of the European Union," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 89-132, May.
- Athanassopoulos, Antreas & Gounaris, Chrysostomos, 2001. "Assessing the technical and allocative efficiency of hospital operations in Greece and its resource allocation implications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 416-431, January.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Robert G. Evans & Hugh D. Walker, 1972. "Information Theory and the Analysis of Hospital Cost Structure," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(3), pages 398-418, August.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Nanos, Panagiotis & Niakas, Dimitris, 2006. "Balancing efficiency of health services and equity of access in remote areas in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 49-57, March.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris, 2005. "Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 195-204, February.
- Tountas, Yannis & Karnaki, Panagiota & Pavi, Elpida, 2002. "Reforming the reform: the greek national health system in transition," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 15-29, October.
- Polyzos, Nicholas M., 2002. "Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 305-328, September.
- Giokas, Dimitris I., 2001. "Greek hospitals: how well their resources are used," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 73-83, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:83:y:2007:i:2-3:p:236-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)or ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.