New estimates of elasticity of demand for healthcare in rural China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holmer, Martin, 1984. "Tax policy and the demand for health insurance," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 203-221, December.
- Deaton, Angus, 1987. "Estimation of own- and cross-price elasticities from household survey data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 7-30.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2003. "Measuring the Well-Being of the Poor Using Income and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 9760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William C., 2009. "Non-evidence-based policy: How effective is China's new cooperative medical scheme in reducing medical impoverishment?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 201-209, January.
- Lavy, V. & Quigley, J.M., 1993. "Willingness to Pay for the Quality and Intensity of Midical Care; Low- Income Households in Ghana," Papers 94, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Getzen, Thomas E., 2000. "Health care is an individual necessity and a national luxury: applying multilevel decision models to the analysis of health care expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 259-270, March.
- Davis, Karen & Russell, Louise B, 1972. "The Substitution of Hospital Outpatient Care for Inpatient Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(2), pages 109-120, May.
- Zhongliang Zhou & Jianmin Gao & Qinxiang Xue & Xiaowei Yang & Ju'e Yan, 2009. "Effects of Rural Mutual Health Care on outpatient service utilization in Chinese village medical institutions: evidence from panel data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 129-136, July.
- Mei-ling Sheu & Teh-wei Hu & Theodore E. Keeler & Michael Ong & Hai-Yen Sung, 2004. "The effect of a major cigarette price change on smoking behavior in california: a zero-inflated negative binomial model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 781-791.
- Wang, Hong & Zhang, Licheng & Hsiao, William, 2006. "Ill health and its potential influence on household consumptions in rural China," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(2-3), pages 167-177, October.
- Joseph P. Newhouse & Charles E. Phelps, 1976. "New Estimates of Price and Income Elasticities of Medical Care Services," NBER Chapters, in: The Role of Health Insurance in the Health Services Sector, pages 261-320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victor R. Fuchs & Marcia J. Kramer, 1973.
"Determinants of Expenditures for Physicians' Services in the United States 1948–68,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fuch73-1, October.
- Victor R. Fuchs & Marcia J. Kramer, 1972. "Determinants of Expenditures for Physicians' Services in the United States 1948–68," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fuch72-3, August.
- Wedig, Gerard J., 1988. "Health status and the demand for health : Results on price elasticities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 151-163, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:222:y:2019:i:c:p:274-284 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yoo, Ki-Bong & Ahn, Hong-Uk & Park, Eun-Cheol & Kim, Tae Hyun & Kim, Sun Jung & Kwon, Jeoung A & Lee, Sang Gyu, 2016. "Impact of co-payment for outpatient utilization among Medical Aid beneficiaries in Korea: A 5-year time series study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 960-966.
- Westerhout, Ed & Folmer, Kees, 2018. "The Effects of Capping Co-Insurance Payments," Discussion Paper 2018-050, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Genovaitė Liobikienė & Justina Mandravickaitė, 2013. "Convergence of new members of the EU: changes in household consumption expenditure structure regarding environmental impact during the prosperous period," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 407-427, April.
More about this item
KeywordsElasticity of demand; Own-price; Cross-price; Income; Substitute;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:103:y:2011:i:2:p:255-265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.