The Substitution of Hospital Outpatient Care for Inpatient Care
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 54 (1972)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journal-home.tcl?issn=00346535|
- Mary Zimmerman Murphy, 1987. "The Importance of Sample Selection Bias in the Estimation of Medical Care Demand Equations," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 19-29, Jan-Mar.
- Gaynor Martin & Li Jian & Vogt William B, 2007. "Substitution, Spending Offsets, and Prescription Drug Benefit Design," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-33, July.
- Yoo, Ki-Bong & Ahn, Hong-Uk & Park, Eun-Cheol & Kim, Tae Hyun & Kim, Sun Jung & Kwon, Jeoung A & Lee, Sang Gyu, 2016. "Impact of co-payment for outpatient utilization among Medical Aid beneficiaries in Korea: A 5-year time series study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 960-966.
- Martin Gaynor & Jian Li & William B. Vogt, 2006.
"Is Drug Coverage a Free Lunch? Cross-Price Elasticities and the Design of Prescription Drug Benefits,"
NBER Working Papers
12758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Jian Li & William B. Vogt, 2006. "Is Drug Coverage a Free Lunch? Cross-Price Elasticities and the Design of Prescription Drug Benefits," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 07/166, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Cutler, David M. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2000. "The anatomy of health insurance," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 563-643 Elsevier.
- David M. Cutler & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1999. "The Anatomy of Health Insurance," NBER Working Papers 7176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anderson Gerard & Chalkidou Kalipso & Herring Bradley, 2012. "High US Health-Care Spending and the Importance of Provider Payment Rates," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 1-22, September.
- Cockx, Bart & Brasseur, Carine, 2003. "The demand for physician services: Evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 881-913, November.
- Bart COCKX & Carine BRASSEUR, 2001. "The Demand for Physician Services. Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001027, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Jan Paul Acton, 1976. "Demand for Health Care among the Urban Poor, with Special Emphasis on the Role of Time," NBER Chapters,in: The Role of Health Insurance in the Health Services Sector, pages 163-214 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristensen, Troels & Olsen, Kim Rose & Kilsmark, Jannie & Lauridsen, Jørgen T. & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller, 2012. "Economies of scale and scope in the Danish hospital sector prior to radical restructuring plans," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 120-126.
- Martin Feldstein & Jonathan Gruber, 1995. "A Major Risk Approach to Health Insurance Reform," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 9, pages 103-130 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein & Jonathan Gruber, 1994. "A Major Risk Approach to Health Insurance Reform," NBER Working Papers 4852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willard G. Manning, Jr. & Joseph P. Newhouse & John E. Ware, Jr., 1982. "The Status of Health in Demand Estimation; or, Beyond Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Aspects of Health, pages 141-184 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kirsi Vitikainen & Miika Linna & Andrew Street, 2010. "Substituting inpatient for outpatient care: what is the impact on hospital costs and efficiency?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(4), pages 395-404, August.
- Zhou, Zhongliang & Su, Yanfang & Gao, Jianmin & Xu, Ling & Zhang, Yaoguang, 2011. "New estimates of elasticity of demand for healthcare in rural China," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 255-265.
- Kushman, John E., 1977. "Physician Participation In Medicaid," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 2, December.
- Stéphane Jacobzone, 1996. "Les politiques de santé face aux propriétés incitatives et redistributives des systèmes d'assurance-maladie," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 291(1), pages 49-70.
- Martin Feldstein & Bernard Friedman, 1976. "The Effect of National Health Insurance on the Price and Quantity of Medical Care," NBER Chapters,in: The Role of Health Insurance in the Health Services Sector, pages 505-541 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:54:y:1972:i:2:p:109-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed