1990, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 155-156 Reduction of enteric infectious disease in rural China by providing deep-well tap water
by Zeng-Sui, W. & Shepard, D. S. & Yun-Cheng, Z. & Cash, R. A. & Ren-Jie, Z. & Zhen-Xing, Z. & Fu-Min, S.
- 156-156a A population-based case-control study of childhood leukemia in Shanghai
by Shu, X. O. & Gao, Y. T. & Brinton, L. A. & Linet, M. S. & Tu, J. T. & Zheng, W. & Fraumeni, Jr. J. F.
- 157-157a Hepatitis B virus, aflatoxins, and hepatocellular carcinoma in Southern Guangxi, China
by Yeh, F. -S. & Yu, M. C. & Mo, C. -C. & Luo, S. & Tong, M. J. & Henderson, B. E.
- 158-158a Response of a traditional fishing community to China's family planning program: A case study
by Freedman, R. & Guo, S.
- 160-160a Medical education in China for the 21st century: The context for change
by Kaufman, A. & Hamilton, J. D. & Peabody, J. W.
- 161-161 Hydatidiform mole in China; a preliminary survey of incidence on more than three million women
by Hong-Zhao, Song & Pao-Chen, Wu
- 162-162a Selected findings from recent fertility surveys in three regions of China
by Yimin, S.
- 163-163a Shanghai Second Medical University, China. The problem-oriented basic medical science curriculum track
by Li, X. -M. & Wang, Y. -F.
- 166-167 Brookings dialogues on public policy. Rationing of medical care for the critically ill : By A. Strasberg, A. Fein and J. Carroll (eds.) The Brookings Institution, Washington D.C., 1989 97pp. ISBN 0-8157-8199-7, $14.25
by Borst-Eilers, E.
- 163-166 Coping with national disasters: The role of local health personnel and the community : By the World Health Organization, Geneva, 1989 97 pp. ISBN 92-4-154238-1, Sw. Fr. 18,-
by Delooz, H.
- 163-165 Appraisal of self-care agency. A.S.A.-scale : By G. Evers Van Gorcum, Assen, 1989 140 pp. ISBN 90-232-2459-0, Dfl.36.00
by Groenewegen, P.
- 163-163b Mutagens, carcinogens and inhibitors in Chinese foods
by Cheng, S. -J. & Ho, C. -T.
- 162-163 Fertility policy in China: Future options
by Greenhaigh, S. & Bongaarts, J.
- 162-162b Medical education in People's Republic of China
by Cooper, J. A. D. & Yingang, L.
- 161-162 Smoking prevalence in Chinese aged 15 and above
by Xin-Zhi, Weng & Zhao-guang, Hong & Dan-yang, Chen
- 160-161 Clinical analysis of 15 089 operations on the heart and great vessels. Results from the People's Republic of China
by Pan, C.
- 160-160c Transforming China's collective health care system: A village study
by Huang, S. -M.
- 160-160b Integration of traditional Chinese medicine with Western medicine - Right or wrong?
by Cai, J.
- 158-159b Colorectal cancer incidence among Chinese in North America and the People's Republic of China; Variation with sex, age and anatomical site
by Whittemore, A. S.
- 158-159a CHD and its risk factors in the People's Republic of China
by Tao, S. & Huang, Z. & Wu, X. & Zhou, B. & Xiao, Z. & Hao, J. & Li, Y. & Cen, R. & Rao, X.
- 158-158b Chang-Ning epidemiological study of children's health: I: passive smoking and children's respiratory diseases
by Chen, Y. & Li, W. & Yu, S. & Qian, W.
- 157-158 Achievement of one-child fertility in rural areas of Jilin Province, China
by Tsuya, N. O. & Choe, M. K.
- 157-157b The bamboo smoke screen: Tobacco smoking in China
by Tomson, D. & Coulter, A.
- 156-157 Diet and high risk of stomach cancer in Shandong, China
by You, W. -C. & Blot, W. J. & Chang, Y. -S. & Ershow, A. G. & Yang, Z. -T. & An, Q. & Henderson, B. & Xu, G. -W. & Fraumeni, Jr. J. F. & Wang, T. -G
- 156-156b Trace element content in drinking water of nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients
by Ling-Wei, X. & Shao-Xian, L. & Ji-Wen, J. & Xiao-Juan, Z. & Jian, L.
- 154-155b Kawasaki syndrome in Chinese children
by Lee, B. W. & Tay, J. S. H. & Yip, W. C. L. & Yap, H. K. & Chan, K. Y. & Low, P. S.
- 154-155a The epidemiology of lung cancer in Xuan Wei, China; Current progress, issues, and research strategies
by Chapman, R. S. & Mumford, J. L. & Harris, D. B. & He, X. -Z. & Jiang, W. -H. & Yang, R.
- 154-154b Clinical manifestations and epidemiological characteristics of Lyme disease in Hailin county, Helongjiang Province, China
by Chengxu, A. & Yuxin, W. & Yongguo, Z. & Shaoshan, W. & Quicheng, O. & Zhixue, S. & Deyou, L. & Dongquan, C. & Xiaodong, L. & Jienhua, Z.
- 149-153c Paying for family planning in China
by Neumann, A. K. & Chang, W. -P.
- 149-153b Analysis of the causes of maternal death in China
by Lingmel, Z. & Hui, D.
- 149-153a Ten-year report on the community control of hypertension and stroke in a rural district of Shijiazhuang, China
by Zhang, H. -X. & Wang, Z. -Y. & Gou, Z. -Y. & Jin, L. & Hao, X. -Z.
- 149-152c Epidemiology of coronary arterial disease in the Chinese
by Woo, K. -S. & Donnan, S. P. B.
- 149-152b Hypertensions studies in China
by Lisheng, L.
- 149-152a The Sino-MONICA-Beijing study: Report on results between 1984 and 1986
by Wu, Z-S. & Yao, C. -H. & Chen, D. -Y. & Li, N. & Zhang, M. & Wu, Y. -Y. & Zhao, D. & Wu, G. -X. & Wu, Y. -K.
- 149-151b Impact of the rural reform on financing rural health services in China
by Young, M. E.
1990, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-11 Hospital ownership and the care of uninsured and Medicaid patients: Findings from the National Hospital Discharge Survey 1979-1984
by Frank, Richard G. & Salkever, David S. & Mullann, Fitzhugh
- 13-28 The equity and efficiency principle in the financing system of the NHS in Portugal
by do Rosario Giraldes, Maria
- 29-35 The legality of unlinked anonymous screening for HIV infection: the U.S. approach
by Wan, Lourdes
- 35-38a Transmission of infective ejacjlate in unprotected sexual intercourse by HIV-infected persons to minors
by Bottke, W.
- 37-35 Sterile needles and the epidemic of acquired immunodefiency syndrome: Issues for drug abuse treatment and public health
by Selwyn, P. A.
- 39-39a AIDS and confidentially: Legal concept and its application in psychotherapy
by Kermani, E. J. & Weiss, B. A.
- 41-39 The acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and infection with the human immunodificiency virus (HIV)
by Eickhoff, T. C. & Lewis, C. E. & Calia, F. M. & Hook, E. W. & Maddrey, W. C. & Rubin, R. H. & Tepley, L. B.
- 42-42a Confidentiality in the military
by Howe, E. G.
- 43-43a Health education and the AIDS epidemic
by Eisenberg, L.
- 46-47 The new AIDS virus - ineffective and unjust laws
by Kirby, M.
- 47-47a AIDS and the confidentiality of medical records
by Stein, R. E.
- 48-48a AIDS - the leprosy of the 1980s. Is there a case for quarantine?
by Rasinski, Gregory D.
- 51-52 Ethical issues confronting nurses
by Reisman, E. C.
- 52-52a Notifying contacts of HIV-infected patients. Strategies to use until health agencies assume responsibility
by Isaac, S. H. & Closen, M. I.
- 53-53 AIDS and the human community
by Loewy, E. H.
- 54-54a Disease prevention models of voluntary confidential screening for human immunodefiency virus (HIV)
by Gail, M. H. & Preston, D. & Piantadosi, S.
- 55-56 AIDS screening, confidentiality and the duty to warn
by Costin, L. & Curren, W. J.
- 56-56a AIDS: Screening of possible carriers and human rights
by Gevers, J. K. M.
- 57-57a AIDS quarantine. The legal and practical implications
by Ford, N. L. & Quam., M. D.
- 59-60 Ethical issues in the prevention and treatment of HIV infection AIDS
by Walters, L.
- 61-73 Future health care technology and the hospital
by Banta, H. David
- 75-73 D.R.G. perspectives d'utilisation : by F. Paccaud and L. Schenker (eds.) Editions Alexandre Lacassagne, Lyon, 1989 257 pp., ISBN 2-225-81849-5
by Willems, J.
- 76-77 Socio-legal aspects of medical practice : By R. Dingwall (ed.) The Royal College of Physicians, London, 1989 78 pp., ISBN 0-900596-84-8, [pound sign]10.00
by Schutyser, K. & Iuris, T.
- 57-59c Legal rights and duties in the AIDS epidemic
by Dickens, B. M.
- 57-59b Forensic issues in critical care medicine
by Howe, E. G.
- 57-59a AIDS from an ethical and theological angle
by Irrgang, B.
- 57-58c AIDS in prison
by Harding, T. W.
- 57-58b Dentistry and AIDS: Ethical and legal obligations in provision of care
by Rogers, V. C.
- 57-58a Legal issues surrounding the confidentiality of AIDS and drug testing
by Berne, M.
- 57-57b The FDA's new procedures for the use of investigational drugs in treatment
by Young, F. E. & Norris, J. A. & Levitt, J. A. & Nightingale, S. L.
- 56-57 Physicians AIDS and occupational risk. Historic traditions and ethical obligations
by Zuger, A. & Miles, S. H.
- 56-56b AIDS and ethics. An overview
by Kelly, K.
- 54-55c AIDS at work - not the contaminated person, but the epidemic is to be fought
by Von Petersdorff, U
- 54-55b Legal control measures for AIDS: Reporting requirements, surveillance, quarantine, and regulation of public meeting places
by Gostin, L. & Curran, W. J.
- 54-55a The case against compulsory casefinding in controlling AIDS - testing, screening and reporting
by Gostin, L. O. & Curran, W. J. & Clark, M. E.
- 54-54b AIDS: `Duty' of informing and aspects of professional liability in the field of obstetrics and gynecology
by Feola, T. & Nobile, M.
- 53-54 Community and individual considerations in legislation and test policy regarding HIV- infection in the nordic countries - a cross national comparative study
by Krasnik, A. & Bjoerner, J. & Westphal, Christensen B.
- 52-53 AIDS, between responsibility and coercion. Ethical considerations on the desirability of obligatory screening of HIV infection
by Cattorini, P.
- 52-52b Ethical issues in providing nursing care to human immunodefiency virus - infected populations
by Grady, C.
- 48-51b A study of the rate of postexposure human immunodeficiency virus testing in a hospital requiring written informed consent
by Miller, P. J. & Farr, B. M.
- 48-51a Trial of anonymous versus confidential human immunodefiency virus testing
by Fehrs, L. J. & Foster, L. R. & Fox, V. & Fleming, D. & McAlister, R. O. & Modesitt, S. & Conrad, R.
- 48-50c HIV screening. Scientific, ethical and legal issues
by Howard, J.
- 48-50b Considerations and potential pitfalls in AIDS lab testing
by Wecht, C. H.
- 48-50a Safety of the blood supply. Liability for transfusion-associated AIDS
by Janowitz, W. R.
- 48-49c Contitutional law, subsistence, equal opportunity, and the individual diagnosed with HIV
by Hollowell, E. E. & Eldridge, J. E.
- 48-49b AIDS in the workplace. Handicap discrimination laws and related statutes
by Wilson, B. L. & Wingo, K. L.
- 48-49a AIDS. Employer and employee rights
by King, M. M.
- 48-48b AIDS public health law
by Falk, T. C.
- 47-48 AIDS testing and informed consent
by Swatz, M. S.
- 47-47b Mandatory premarital testing for human immunodefiency virus. The Illinois experience
by Turnock, B. J. & Kelly, C. J.
- 43-46c Warning third parties at risk of AIDS: APA's policy is a barrier to treatment
by Perry, S.
- 43-46b The right of physicians to refuse versus the obligation of physicians to treat AIDS patients
by Inions, N. J.
- 43-46a Warning third parties at risk of AIDS: APA's policy is a reasonable approach
by Zonana, H.
- 43-45c Public policy, federalism, and AIDS
by Benjamin, A. E. & Lee, P. R.
- 43-45b AIDS and public health
by Moskop, J. C.
- 43-45a Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: More than a health-related dilemma
by Severin, M. J.
- 43-44c Using death certificates to estimate the completeness of AIDS case reporting in Ontario in 1985-87
by Johnson, R. J. & Montano, B. L. & Wallace, E. M.
- 43-44b Life-sustaining treatment for patients with AIDS
by Wachter, R. M. & Luce, J. M. & Lo, B. & Raffin, T. A.
- 43-44a AIDS in infancy: diagnostic, therapeutic, and ethical problems
by Wittenberg, J. & Lazenby, A.
- 43-43b How informed is patients' consent to release of medical information to insurance copmanies?
by Lorge, R. E.
- 42-43 An ethical approach to the medical and legal problems surrounding AIDS
by Dufkova, J.
- 42-42b Voluntary screening for human immunodefiency virus (HIV) infection. Weighing the benefits and harms
by Lo, B. & Steinbrook, R. L. & Cooke, M. & Coates, T. J. & Walters, E. J. & Hulley, S. B.
- 41-42 Recommendations for control and prevention of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in intravenous drug users
by Brickner, P. W. & Torres, R. A. & Barnes, M. & Newman, R. G. & Des Jarlais, D. C. & Whalen, D. P. & Rogers, D. E.
- 39-40c The provision of services to persons with mental retardation and subsequent infection with human immunodeficiency in virus (HIV)
by Kastner, T. A. & Hickman, M. L. & Bellehumeur, D.
- 39-40b HIV testing in prisoners: Is mandatory testing mandatory?
by Andrus, J. K. & Fleming, D. W. & Knox, C. & McAlister, R. O. & Skeels, M. R. & Conrad, R. E. & Horan, J. M. & Foster, L. R.
- 39-40a To tell or not to tell: The ethical dilemmas of HIV test notification in epidemiologic research
by Avins, A. L. & Lo, B.
- 39-39c International developments in abortion laws: 1977-1988
by Cook, R. J. & Dickens, B. M.
- 39-39b Not siants, but healers: The legal duties of health care professionals in the AIDS epidemic
by Annas, G. J.
- 35-38b AIDS and the ethics of public health: Challenges posed by a maturing epidemic
by Bayer, R.
1989, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 177-188 The 1988 Polio Epidemic in Israel: An analysis and consequences
by Ellencweig, Avi Yacar
- 189-198 The significance of contextual factors in valuing health states
by Nord, Erik
- 199-211 Improving primary health care through technological innovation
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F.
- 213-224 AIDS and subjective risk assessment: A critical review
by O'Brien, Bernie J.
- 225-237 Local housing scheme and political preference as conditions for the results of a health centre-stimulating policy in The Netherlands
by Boerma, Wienke G. W.
- 239-249 No cure, no pay: an acceptable way of financing fertility treatments?
by Haan, Ger & Rutten, Frans
- 251-252 Preventing maternal deaths : By E. Royston and S. Armstrong, (eds.) World Health Organization, Geneva, 1989 233 pp., ISBN 92-4-156128-9, Sw.Fr. 40,-
by Wang, S.
- 252-253 Talking and listening to patients. A modern approach : By C. Fletcher and P. Freeling The Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, London, 1988 68 pp., ISBN 0-900574-70-4
by Wilson, P. & Gerard, R.
- 253-254 Brookings dialogues on public policy. Toward a national policy on drug and aids testing : By M. Falco and W. Cikins (eds.) The Brookings Institution, Washington DC, 1989 81 pp., ISBN 0-8157-2733-X, $12.95
by Wilson, P.
1989, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 95-102 Cross-cultural use of socio-medical indicators with British Asians
by Ahmad, W. I. U. & Kernohan, E. E. M. & Baker, M. R.
- 103-108 Improved knowledge of diabetic patients through education of primary care staff
by Neumann, L. & Weitzman, S. & Gross, J.
- 109-113 Alcohol control policy in The Netherlands
by van Ginneken, Sandra & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 115-120 QALYs and justice
by Kawachi, Ichiro
- 121-133 Use of diagnosis related groups for hospital management
by Willems, Jos L. & Meurisse, Ann & Renkens, Stef & Vleugels, Arthur & Peers, Jan
- 135-144 Allocating resources to health care: rawp is dead - long live RAWP
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
- 145-157 Health care charges: lessons from the U.K
by Birch, Stephen
- 159-167 Number of sexual partners and use of condoms in the heterosexual population of Norway - relevance to HIV-infection
by Sundet, Jon Martin & Magnus, Per & Kvalem, Ingela Lundin & Gronnesby, Jon Ketil & Bakketeig, Leiv S.
- 169-170 Health care research in an HMO. Two decades of discovery : By M. Greenlick, D. Freeborn and C. Pope (eds.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 346 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3611-5, $52.00
by Gunning, L.
- 170-171 Health economics: Australian readings : By J. Butler and D. Doessel (eds.) Australian Professional Publications, Sydney, 1989 362 pp., ISBN 0-949416-15-0, AU$29.95
by Hall, J.
1989, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-17 Economic analysis of solid organ transplantation: a review for policy makers
by Krueger, Hans
- 19-34 The role of economics in the evaluation of hospice care
by Goddard, Maria
- 35-53 Improving efficiency in the dutch health care system: Current innovations and future options
by Kirkman-Liff, Bradford L. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 55-64 The district concept for primary health care planning: attempts at implementation in The Netherlands
by de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 65-79 Re-organizing primary medical care in Finland: The personal doctor program
by Vohlonen, Ilkka & Pekurinen, Markku & Saltman, Richard B.
- 81-83 The quality of QALYs (quality-adjusted-life-years): do QALYs measure what they at least intend to measure?
by Gafni, Amiram
- 85-86 Philosophy and medical welfare : by J. Bell and S. Mendus (eds.) The Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1989 129 pp., ISBN 0-521-36856-1, [pound sign]8.95
by Thung, P.
- 86-86 Healthy nutrition. Preventing nutrition-related diseases in Europe : by W. James in collaboration with A. Ferro-Luzzi, B. Isaksson and W. Szostak WHO Regional Publications, European Series No. 24, Copenhagen, 1988 150 pp., ISBN 92-890-1115-7, Sw.Fr.20.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 87-87 Changing the public health : by the Research Unit in Health and Behavioural Change, University of Edinburgh (eds.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1989 199 pp., ISBN 0-471-91976-4, [pound sign]14.95
by Jain, S.
- 88-88 Preventive screening of adults. An evaluation of methods and programmes. Report of the select committee of experts of the council of Europe : by D. Griffiths and E. Ruitenberg Sainte-Ruffine, Maissonneuve, 1987 164 pp., ISBN 2-7160-0119-7
by Peto, R.
- 87-88 Health care economics : by P. Feldstein John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1988 634 pp., ISBN 0195-3907, [pound sign]21.65
by Rochaix, L.
1989, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 257-261 Paying physicians according to their resource-costs: The development of a Resource-Based Relative Value Scale
by Hsiao, William C. & Becker, Edmund R.
- 263-274 Price and health policy in Sweden--A critical review
by Rosen, Mans
- 275-284 The rising expenditure on antihypertensive drugs in New Zealand, 1981-1987
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 285-299 Decentralisation trends in the management of New Zealand's health services
by Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 301-307 Possibilities and problems in the development of home care technology
by van Beekum, Taeke & Banta, H. David
- 309-317 Cost of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in four diseases
by Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Fery-Lemonnier, Elisabeth & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine & Cordonnier, Catherine & Rochant, Henri & Fischer, A. & Griscelli, Claude & Gluckman, Eliane & Jolly, Dominique
- 319-320 The U.S. experiment in social medicine. The Community Health Center Program : By A. Sardell University of Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, 1988 278 pp., ISBN 0-8229-3825-1, $14.95
by Gonzalez-Block, M.
- 321-320 Surgical care in the united states. A policy perspective : By M. Finkel (ed.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1989 210 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3638-7, $37.50
by Detmer, D.
- 322-320 Perinatal health services in Europe. Searching for better childbirth : By J. Phaff (ed.) Croom Helm Ltd., Kent, 1986 211 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Torrado, A.
- 323-324 Theory and practice of managed competition in health care finance : by A. Enthoven Elsevier Science Publishers, BV, Amsterdam, 1988 162 pp., ISBN 0-444-703594, $65.75
by Elsinga, E.
- 324-325 Living after mental illness. Innovations in services : by C. Patmore (ed.) Croon Helm Ltd., London, 1987 296 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4085-8, [pound sign]10.95
by Hardie, M.
1989, Volume 12, Issue 1-2
1989, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 209-226 Medicaid eligibility, benefits, and provider payment: state preferences and implications for national goals
by Reutzel, Thomas J.
- 227-231 Modifications of sexual behaviour related to aids: a survey in Paris region
by Moatti, J. P. & Dab, W. & Abenhaim, L. & Bastide, S.
- 233-238 Changes in Dutch tobacco production since World War II: implications for an anti-smoking policy
by van Reek, Jan & Hagen, Hans & Adriaanse, Hans & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 239-241 Post-marketing drug safety monitoring
by Clark-Nieuwland, K. & Dehaen, F. & Teirlynck, O.
- 243-255 Political decision-making in health care: the Dutch case
by Elsinga, E.
- 257-276 Hospital budgeting in Holland: aspects, trends and effects
by Maarse, J. A. M.
- 277-278 New medical devices. Invention, development and use : by K. Ekelman (ed.) National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1988 186 pp., ISBN 0-309-03846-4, [pound sign]21.10)
by Banta, D.
- 278-279 The business of medicine: Private health care in Britain : by J. Higgins MacMillan Education Press, London, 1988 260 pp
by Saltman, R.
- 280-281 Strategic management of human resources in health services organizations : by M. Fottler, S. Hernandez and C. Joiner (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., New York, 1988 454 pp., ISBN 0-471-83889-6, [pound sign]27.50
by Hall, T.
- 281-284 Socioeconomic evaluation of drug therapy : by W. van Eimmeren and B. Horrisberger (eds.) Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988 244 pp., ISBN 3-540-18662-X, DM 79.00
by Carrin, G.
1989, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 101-104 Foreword
by de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 105-113 Conceptual issues in assessing the economic effects of the HIV epidemic
by Pascal, Anthony
- 115-124 Current estimates of HIV prevalence and incidence: Sources and data
by Dondero, Timothy J.
- 125-145 Econometric issues in modeling the costs of AIDS
by Hay, Joel W.
- 147-168 AIDS cost modeling in the U.S.: A pragmatic approach
by Bilheimer, Linda
- 169-186 Guidelines for rapid estimation of the direct and indirect costs of HIV infection in a developing country
by Over, Mead & Bertozzi, Stefano & China, James
- 187-196 The evolution of AIDS economic research
by Bloom, David E. & Glied, Sherry
- 197-208 The cost of AIDS: An agenda for research
by Scitovsky, Anne A.
1989, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-17 Scenarios for the future development of accident mortality in The Netherlands
by van Beeck, E. F. & Mackenbach, J. P. & van Oortmarssen, G. J. & Barendregt, J. J. M. & Habbema, J. D. F. & van der Maas, P. J.
- 19-25 Clinical decision making and health care policy: what is the link?
by Mooney, Gavin & Loft, Anne
- 27-42 Impact of the rural reform on financing rural health services in China
by Young, Mary E.
- 43-55 Public competition versus mixed markets: an analytic comparison
by Saltman, Richard B. & von Otter, Casten
- 57-60 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Comments on the Second Opinion by Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Hodgson, Thomas A.
- 61-72 Evaluation of medical equipment on the basis of users' experiences and hazard registration
by Kolstad, Arnulf
- 73-77 Technology assessment - extending the scope of evaluation or fudging the issues?
by Jennett, Bryan
- 79-85 An introduction to Meta-Analysis
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 87-92 Factors influencing the implementation of technology assessment results in medical practice
by Gutzwiller, Felix & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 93-94 The beer sheva experiment : by S. Glick, L. Naggan and M. Prywes (eds.) Israel Journal of Medical Sciences, Jerusalem, Sept.-Oct. 1987 173 pp., $15.00
by Nooman, Z.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 215-216 Quality of life
by Engel, G. L. & Bergsma, J.
- 217-230 Quantitative issues in health-related quality of life assessment
by Aaronson, Neil K.
- 231-240 Research into quality of life: a qualitative approach in the evaluation of a liver transplant programme
by Tymstra, Tj. & Heyink, J. W. & Roorda, J. & Bijleveld, C. M. A. & Gips, C. H. & Slooff, M. J. H.
- 241-257 Role of quality of life in therapeutic strategies in brain tumors
by Koivukangas, Pirjo & Koivukangas, John
- 259-266 Life: quality, value and justice
by Harris, John
- 267-279 Quality of life: does measurement help?
by Bergsma, J. & Engel, G. L.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 123-135 Rural community hospital closure and health policy
by Mullner, Ross M. & Whiteis, David G.
- 137-141 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Reply to Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Behrens, Cornelia & Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 143-154 DRGs U.K. style: a comparison of U.K. and U.S. policies for hospital cost containment and their implications for health status
by Birch, Stephen
- 155-176 The Swedish medical care programs: an interim assessment
by Pine, Leslie & Rosenqvist, Urban & Rosenthal, Marilynn M. & Shapiro, Francine
- 177-206 El Salvador's Ministry of Health, 1975-1986: a provisional performance assessment
by Fiedler, John L.
- 207-206 Health and deprivation. Inequality and the North : by P. Townsend, P. Phillimore and A. Beattie (eds.) Croom Helm Ltd, London, 1987 221 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4352-0, [pound sign]8.95
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 208-206 Controversy about american hospitals. Funding, ownership and performance : by J.R. Hollingsworth and E.J. Hollingsworth American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington D.C., 1987 160 pp., ISBN 0-8477-3637-6, $24.75
by Neumann, C. W.
- 209-210 Health, knowledge and the demand for medical care : by E.K. Van Doorslaer Van Gorcum, Assen, 1987 171 pp., ISBN 90-232-2335-7, Dfl. 29.00
by Zweifel, P.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-19 Treating AIDS: the economic issues
by Drummond, Michael & Davies, Linda
- 21-32 A change of direction in the Dutch health care system?
by Lapre, Ruud M.
- 33-39 A note on nutrition and economics
by Doessel, Darrel P.
- 41-56 The de-institutionalization of care of the elderly: some notes about implementation and outcome of a Swedish case-study
by Thorslund, Mats
- 57-63 Long-term institutional care or home care? What is the best solution for the Canton of Vaud?
by Bachelard, Bernard & Tinturier, Gerald
- 65-76 A three-tiered health system and its inherent cost inflation: the case of medical care inflation in Chile 1979-1983
by Scarpaci, Joseph L. & Bradham, Douglas D.
- 77-109 Undergraduate medical education in Indonesia and its relevance for the needs of primary health care services
by Blizard, Peter J.
- 115-116 Sante mon cher souci : By B. Majnoni-d'Itignano ed. Economica, Paris, 1987 130 pp., 25.00 FF
by Poullier, J. P.
- 116-117 Personal data protection in health and social services : By P. Pearce, P. Parsloe, H. Francis, A. Macara and D. Watson Croom Helm Ltd Publishers, London, 1988 134 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Roger, F. H.
- 117-119 Medicaid and pediatric primary care : By J. Perloff, P. Kletke and K. Neckerman The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 190 pp., $33.00
by Young, M.