Effect of a French experiment of team work between general practitioners and nurses on efficacy and cost of type 2 diabetes patients care
Objectives To assess the efficacy and the cost of a French team work experiment between nurses and GPs for managing type 2 diabetes patients.Methods Based on a case control study design we compare the evolution of process (standard follow-up procedures) and final (glycemic control) outcomes, and of cost, between two consecutive periods between type 2 diabetes patients followed within the team work experiment (intervention group) or by "standard" GPs (controlled group).Results After a 11 months of follow-up, patients in the intervention group, compared with those in the controlled group, have more chances to remain or to become: correctly followed-up (with OR comprise between 2.1 and 6.8, pÂ
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maria M. Hofmarcher & Howard Oxley & Elena Rusticelli, 2007. "Improved Health System Performance through better Care Coordination," OECD Health Working Papers 30, OECD Publishing.
- Dourgnon, Paul & Naiditch, Michel, 2010.
"The preferred doctor scheme: A political reading of a French experiment of Gate-keeping,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 129-134, February.
- Michel Naiditch & Paul Dourgnon, 2009. "The preferred doctor scheme: A political reading of a French experiment of Gate-keeping," Working Papers DT22, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Mar 2009.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003.
"Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
374, OECD Publishing.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003. "Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience," OECD Health Working Papers 9, OECD Publishing.
- James Buchan & Lynn Calman, 2005. "Skill-Mix and Policy Change in the Health Workforce: Nurses in Advanced Roles," OECD Health Working Papers 17, OECD Publishing.
- Beaulieu Nancy & Cutler David M & Ho Katherine & Isham George & Lindquist Tammie & Nelson Andrew & O'Connor Patrick, 2006.
"The Business Case for Diabetes Disease Management for Managed Care Organizations,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-38, December.
- Nancy Beaulieu & David M. Cutler & Katherine Ho, 2006. "The Business Case for Diabetes Disease Management for Managed Care Organizations," NBER Chapters, in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 9 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:98:y:2010:i:2-3:p:131-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.