Effect of a French experiment of team work between general practitioners and nurses on efficacy and cost of type 2 diabetes patients care
Objectives To assess the efficacy and the cost of a French team work experiment between nurses and GPs for managing type 2 diabetes patients.Methods Based on a case control study design we compare the evolution of process (standard follow-up procedures) and final (glycemic control) outcomes, and of cost, between two consecutive periods between type 2 diabetes patients followed within the team work experiment (intervention group) or by "standard" GPs (controlled group).Results After a 11 months of follow-up, patients in the intervention group, compared with those in the controlled group, have more chances to remain or to become: correctly followed-up (with OR comprise between 2.1 and 6.8, pÂ
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Buchan & Lynn Calman, 2005. "Skill-Mix and Policy Change in the Health Workforce: Nurses in Advanced Roles," OECD Health Working Papers 17, OECD Publishing.
- Maria M. Hofmarcher & Howard Oxley & Elena Rusticelli, 2007. "Improved Health System Performance through better Care Coordination," OECD Health Working Papers 30, OECD Publishing.
- Nancy Beaulieu & David M. Cutler & Katherine Ho, 2006.
"The Business Case for Diabetes Disease Management for Managed Care Organizations,"
in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 9
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beaulieu Nancy & Cutler David M & Ho Katherine & Isham George & Lindquist Tammie & Nelson Andrew & O'Connor Patrick, 2006. "The Business Case for Diabetes Disease Management for Managed Care Organizations," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-38, December.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003.
"Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
374, OECD Publishing.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003. "Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience," OECD Health Working Papers 9, OECD Publishing.
- Michel Naiditch & Paul Dourgnon, 2009.
"The preferred doctor scheme: A political reading of a French experiment of Gate-keeping,"
DT22, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Mar 2009.
- Dourgnon, Paul & Naiditch, Michel, 2010. "The preferred doctor scheme: A political reading of a French experiment of Gate-keeping," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 129-134, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:98:y:2010:i:2-3:p:131-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.