Forum for Health Economics & Policy
June 2016, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-22 Salience and Health Campaigns
by Dertwinkel-Kalt Markus
- 23-43 Demand-Side Factors Associated with the Purchase of Long-Term Care Insurance
by Unruh Mark A. & Stevenson David G. & Frank Richard G. & Cohen Marc A. & Grabowski David C.
- 45-70 Competitive Spillovers and Regulatory Exploitation by Skilled Nursing Facilities
by Bowblis John R. & Brunt Christopher S. & Grabowski David C.
- 71-86 Returns to Society from Investment in Cancer Research and Development
by Chandra Amitabh & MacEwan Joanna P. & Campinha-Bacote Avrita & Khan Zeba M.
- 87-139 How Effective is Population-Based Cancer Screening? Regression Discontinuity Estimates from the US Guideline Screening Initiation Ages
by Kadiyala Srikanth & Strumpf Erin
- 141-156 Quantifying Gains in the War on Cancer Due to Improved Treatment and Earlier Detection
by Seabury Seth A. & Goldman Dana P. & Lakdawalla Darius N. & Gupta Charu N. & Khan Zeba M. & Chandra Amitabh & Philipson Tomas J.
December 2015, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 75-96 Health and Health Care of Medicare Beneficiaries in 2030
by Gaudette Étienne & Tysinger Bryan & Goldman Dana P. & Cassil Alwyn
- 97-118 Trends in the Well-Being of the Aged and Their Prospects through 2030
by Burtless Gary
- 119-136 The Transformation of Medicare, 2015 to 2030
by Aaron Henry J. & Reischauer Robert
- 137-149 Revamping Provider Payment in Medicare
by Ginsburg Paul B. & Wilensky Gail R.
- 151-168 Could Improving Choice and Competition in Medicare Advantage be the Future of Medicare?
by Rivlin Alice M. & Daniel Willem
January 2015, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-24 Long-Term Effects of Tobacco Prices Faced by Adolescents
by Auld M. Christopher & Zarrabi Mahmood
- 25-39 The Value of Delaying Alzheimer’s Disease Onset
by Zissimopoulos Julie & Crimmins Eileen & St.Clair Patricia
- 41-64 Sex-selective Abortion Bans are Not Associated with Changes in Sex Ratios at Birth among Asian Populations in Illinois and Pennsylvania
by Nandi Arindam & Kalantry Sital & Citro Brian
- 65-74 Public-Private Partnership as a Path to Affordable Healthcare in Emerging Markets
by Chou Jacquelyn W. & Lakdawalla Darius N. & Vanderpuye-Orgle Jacqueline
September 2014, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 1-16 Patient Outcomes and Cost Effects of Medicaid Formulary Restrictions on Antidepressants
by Seabury Seth A. & Lakdawalla Darius N. & Goldman Dana P. & Walter Deborah & Hayes John & Gustafson Thomas & Shrestha Anshu
- 1-21 Can Oral Nutritional Supplements Improve Medicare Patient Outcomes in the Hospital?
by Lakdawalla Darius N. & Snider Julia Thornton & Linthicum Mark T. & Perlroth Daniella J. & LaVallee Chris & Philipson Tomas J. & Partridge Jamie S. & Wischmeyer Paul E.
- 1-25 The Effects of Smoking Cessation on Weight Gain: New Evidence Using Workplace Smoking Bans
by Fletcher Jason M.
- 1-27 Retail Tobacco Display Bans
by Irvine Ian J. & Nguyen Van Hai
January 2014, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-8 The Crowd, the Cloud and Improving the Future of Medical Device Innovation
by Huesch Marco & Szczerba Robert
- 1-12 A Note on Income Effects and Health Care Cost Growth in Medicare
by McGuire Thomas G.
- 1-25 Medicare Reimbursement Reform for Provider Visits and Health Outcomes in Patients on Hemodialysis
by Erickson Kevin F. & Winkelmayer Wolfgang C. & Chertow Glenn M. & Bhattacharya Jay
- 1-26 Employment and Adverse Selection in Health Insurance
by Bhattacharya Jayanta & Vogt William B.
- 1-32 A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Using Evidence of Effectiveness in Terms of Progression Free Survival in Making Reimbursement Decisions on New Cancer Therapies
by Stevens Warren & Philipson Tomas & Wu Yanyu & Chen Connie & Lakdawalla Darius
September 2013, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 1-11 Economics of Personalized Health Care and Prevention: IntroductionThis introduction represents the personal views of the authors only and not the official policy of the National Institutes of Health or its component institutes
by Bloss Gregory & Haaga John G.
- 121-133 The Value of Diagnostic Testing in Personalized Medicine
by Goldman Dana P. & Lakdawalla Darius & Sood Neeraj & Gupta Charu & Vasudeva Eshan & Trakas Kostas & Riley Ralph & Agus David & Jena Anupam B. & Philipson Tomas J.
April 2013, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-22 Quantifying the Value of Personalized Medicines: Evidence from COX-2 Inhibitors
by Sood Neeraj & Philipson Tomas J. & Huckfeldt Peter
September 2012, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 1-22 High US Health-Care Spending and the Importance of Provider Payment Rates
by Anderson Gerard & Chalkidou Kalipso & Herring Bradley
- 23-52 Can Consumers Control Health-Care Costs?
by Hall Mark A. & Schneider Carl E.
- 53-82 Eight Decades of Discouragement: The History of Health Care Cost Containment in the USA
by Jost Timothy Stoltzfus
- 83-106 Both Symptom and Disease: Relating Medical Malpractice to Health-Care Costs
by Sage William M.
October 2012, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 1-25 Can Centralization of Cancer Surgery Improve Social Welfare?
by Ho Vivian & Short Marah N. & Ku-Goto Meei-Hsiang
- 1-28 A Reexamination of the Costs of Medical R&D Regulation
by Philipson Tomas J. & Sun Eric & Goldman Dana & Jena Anupam B.
April 2011, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 1-8 Introduction to the Health and Retirement Study: An Evaluation and Scientific Ideas for the Future
by Smith James P
- 1-11 Which Questions in the Health and Retirement Study are Used by Researchers? Evidence from Academic Journals, 2006-2009
by Jackson Tina & Balduf Mabel & Yasaitis Laura & Skinner Jonathan
- 1-12 Potential Enhancements to Data on Health Insurance, Health Services, and Medicare in the Health and Retirement Study
by Ayanian John Z & Meara Ellen & McWilliams J. Michael
- 1-15 Family Data and Research in the Health and Retirement Study
by Bianchi Suzanne
- 1-15 A Rationale for Including a Brief Assessment of Hedonic Well-being in Large-scale Surveys
by Stone Arthur A
- 1-16 Time Use and Well-being, and Large Survey Studies
by Smith Dylan M
- 1-19 Social Connectedness in Health, Morbidity and Mortality, and Health Care - The Contributions, Limits and Further Potential of Health and Retirement Study
by Pescosolido Bernice
- 1-20 Economic Measurement in the Health and Retirement Study
by Venti Steven
- 1-22 The State and Future of Blood-Based Biomarkers in the Health and Retirement Study
by McDade Thomas
- 1-24 Genome-Phenome Linkages in Human Population Surveys, with Special Emphasis on the Health and Retirement Survey
by Singer Burton
- 1-33 Medical Expenditure Measures in the Health and Retirement Study
by Goldman Dana P & Zissimopoulos Julie & Lu Yang
- 1-34 Personality Measurement and Assessment in Large Panel Surveys
by Roberts Brent & Jackson Joshua J & Duckworth Angela L & Von Culin Katherine
July 2011, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 1-12 Determinants of Tobacco Control Funding: Evidence from U.S. States
by Gallet Craig A
- 1-17 Pound Wise and Penny Foolish? Weight Loss and The Dynamics of Health Care Spending
by Koch Thomas G
- 1-22 Regional Variation in Medication Adherence
by Gibson Teresa B & Landrum Mary Beth & Batata Amber & Fendrick A. Mark & Wang Sara & Chernew Michael E.
- 1-36 Toxic Choices: The Theory and Impact of Smoking Bans
by Irvine Ian J & Nguyen Hai V
July 2010, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 1-19 Obesity and Price Sensitivity at the Supermarket
by Gandal Neil & Shabelansky Anastasia
- 1-23 Reinsurance for High Health Costs: Benefits, Limitations, and Alternatives
by Dow William H & Fulton Brent D & Baicker Katherine
- 1-25 Macroeconomic Effects of HIV/AIDS Prevalence and Policy in Nigeria: A Simulation Analysis
by Abdulsalam Sikiru
- 1-31 Is SARS a Poor Man's Disease? Socioeconomic Status and Risk Factors for SARS Transmission
by Bucchianeri Grace Wong
June 2010, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-32 Consequences of SCHIP Expansions for Household Well-Being
by Leininger Lindsey & Levy Helen & Schanzenbach Diane
- 1-44 Over-Nutrition and Changing Health Status in High Income Countries
by Huffman Wallace E. & Huffman Sonya K & Rickertsen Kyrre & Tegene Abebayehu
September 2009, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 1-15 Comparing Health of People with Heart Disease in the United States and Canada
by Pozen Alexis J & Cutler David M
- 1-33 The Effects of Adolescent Health on Educational Outcomes: Causal Evidence Using Genetic Lotteries between Siblings
by Fletcher Jason M. & Lehrer Steven F
July 2009, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-23 A Bargain at Twice the Price? California Hospital Prices in the New Millennium
by Akosa Antwi Yaa & Gaynor Martin S & Vogt William B
November 2008, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 1-17 Dynamic Cost-Effectiveness: A More Efficient Reimbursement Criterion
by Lundin Douglas & Ramsberg Joakim
- 1-21 The Utilization of Medicines beyond Patent Expiration
by Mansley Edward C & Teutsch Steven M & White Dawn M & Busza Jamie D & Geisel Steven S
- 1-26 State Health Insurance Regulations and the Price of High-Deductible Policies
by Kowalski Amanda E. & Congdon William J. & Showalter Mark H.
- 1-37 Explanations for Persistent Nursing Shortages
by Long Mark C & Goldfarb Marsha G. & Goldfarb Robert S
July 2008, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-28 State and Federal Approaches to Health Reform: What Works for the Working Poor?
by Meara Ellen & Rosenthal Meredith B & Sinaiko Anna D. & Baicker Katherine
December 2007, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 1-27 Willingness to Pay for Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Positive Individuals in India
by Gupta Indrani
- 1-32 Cross-Country Variation in Obesity Patterns among Older Americans and Europeans
by Michaud Pierre-Carl & van Soest Arthur H.O. & Andreyeva Tatiana
March 2006, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 1-27 Insurance and Incentives for Medical Innovation
by Garber Alan M & Jones Charles I. & Romer Paul
December 2006, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-19 Who Pays? The Incidence of High Malpractice Premiums
by Pauly Mark & Thompson Christy & Abbott Thomas & Margolis James & Sage William
- 1-19 Real Output in Mental Health Care during the 1990s
by Berndt Ernst R. & Busch Alisa B. & Frank Richard G. & Normand Sharon-Lise
- 1-24 Is Managed Care Still an Effective Cost Containment Device?
by Shen Yu-Chu & Melnick Glenn
- 1-25 Adverse Selection in Retiree Prescription Drug Plans
by Goldman Dana P & Joyce Geoffrey & Karaca-Mandic Pinar & Sood Neeraj
- 1-38 The Business Case for Diabetes Disease Management for Managed Care Organizations
by Beaulieu Nancy & Cutler David M & Ho Katherine & Isham George & Lindquist Tammie & Nelson Andrew & O'Connor Patrick
January 2005, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-7 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 8
by Cutler David M & Garber Alan M
- 1-17 Wage and Benefit Changes in Response to Rising Health Insurance
by Goldman Dana P & Sood Neeraj & Leibowitz Arleen
- 1-25 Assessing the Impacts of the Prescription Drug User Fee Acts (PDUFA) on the FDA Approval Process
by Berndt Ernst R. & Gottschalk Adrian H. B. & Philipson Tomas & Strobeck Matthew W.
- 1-29 The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care
by Baicker Katherine & Chandra Amitabh
- 1-32 Welfare Reform and the Health Insurance Coverage of Women and Children
by Cawley John H & Schroeder Mathis & Simon Kosali Ilayperu
January 2004, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-5 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 7
by Cutler David M. & Garber Alan M.
- 1-22 Adverse Selection and the Challenges to Stand-Alone Prescription Drug Insurance
by Pauly Mark V. & Zeng Yuhui
- 1-22 Disability Forecasts and Future Medicare Costs
by Bhattacharya Jayanta & Cutler David M. & Goldman Dana P. & Hurd Michael D. & Joyce Geoffrey F. & Lakdawalla Darius N. & Panis Constantijn W. A. & Shang Baoping
- 1-35 Benefit Plan Design and Prescription Drug Utilization Among Asthmatics: Do Patient Copayments Matter?
by Crown William H. & Berndt Ernst R. & Baser Onur & Finkelstein Stan N. & Witt Whitney P. & Maguire Jonathan & Haver Kenan E.
- 1-51 An Economic Analysis of Health Plan Conversions: Are They in the Public Interest?
by Beaulieu Nancy Dean
- 1-56 Reference Pricing of Pharmaceuticals for Medicare: Evidence from Germany, the Netherlands, and New Zealand
by Danzon Patricia M. & Ketcham Jonathan D.
January 2003, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 6
by Cutler David M. & Garber Alan M.
- 1-28 Demand Effects of Recent Changes in Prescription Drug Promotion
by Rosenthal Meredith B. & Berndt Ernst R. & Donohue Julie M. & Epstein Arnold M. & Frank Richard G.
- 1-29 Employee Costs and the Decline in Health Insurance Coverage
by Cutler David M.
- 1-30 The Impact of Macroeconomic Conditions on the Health Insurance Coverage of Americans
by Cawley John & Simon Kosali I.
- 1-30 Smoking Cessation and Lifestyle Changes
by Picone Gabriel & Sloan Frank
- 1-34 Health Insurance Expansions and the Content of Coverage: Is Something Better Than Nothing?
by Glied Sherry
January 2002, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 5
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-22 Tax Credits, the Distribution of Subsidized Health Insurance Premiums, and the Uninsured
by Pauly Mark V. & Herring Bradley & Song David
- 1-28 CMS Payments Necessary to Support HMO Participation in Medicare Managed Care
by Cawley John & Chernew Michael & McLaughlin Catherine
- 1-29 The Effects of Medicare on Health Care Utilization and Outcomes
by Lichtenberg Frank R.
- 1-46 Hospital Ownership Conversions: Defining the Appropriate Public Oversight Role
by Sloan Frank A.
- 1-52 Effects of Competition Under Prospective Payment on Hospital Costs Among High- and Low-Cost Admissions: Evidence from California, 1983 and 1993
by Meltzer David & Chung Jeanette
January 2001, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 4
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-19 Public Financing and the Market for Long-Term Care
by Lakdawalla Darius & Philipson Thomas
- 1-22 Trends in the Use of Intensive Procedures at the End of Life
by Barnato Amber E. & Garber Alan M. & Kagay Christopher R. & McClellan Mark C.
- 1-31 How Costly Are Smokers to Other People? Longitudinal Evidence on the Near Elderly
by Picone Gabriel & Sloan Frank
- 1-35 Creating Price Indexes for Measuring Productivity in Mental Health Care
by Busch Susan H. & Berndt Ernst R. & Frank Richard G.
- 1-48 The Health Care Consequences of Smoking and Its Regulation
by Moore Michael J. & Hughes James W.
January 2000, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 3
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-24 Regional Inequality in Medicare Spending: The Key to Medicare Reform?
by Skinner Jonathan & Wennberg John E.
- 1-24 What Does HMO Market Share Measure? Examining Provider Choice Restrictions
by Baker Laurence
- 1-26 Comparing the Quality of Health Care Providers
by McClellan Mark & Staiger Douglas
- 1-34 Why Do Some Firms Spend So Much on Medical Care? Accounting for Variation
by Eichner Matthew & McClellan Mark & Wise David A.
- 1-37 The Technology of Birth: Is It Worth It?
by Cutler David M. & Meara Ellen
January 1998, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-8 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 1
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-30 Persistence of Medicare Expenditures among Elderly Beneficiaries
by Garber Alan M. & MaCurdy Thomas E. & McClellan Mark B.
- 1-33 Adverse Selection in Health Insurance
by Cutler David M. & Zeckhauser Richard J.
- 1-37 Managed Care and Health Care Expenditures: Evidence from Medicare, 1990-1994
by Baker Laurence C. & Shankarkumar Sharmila
- 1-41 Managed Care and the Growth of Medical Expenditures
by Cutler David M. & Sheiner Louise
- 1-45 Is Price Inflation Different for the Elderly? An Empirical Analysis of Prescription Drugs
by Berndt Ernst R. & Cockburn Iain M. & Cocks Douglas L. & Epstein Arnold M. & Griliches Zvi