Adverse Selection in Health Insurance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Cutler & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1999. "Reinsurance for Catastrophes and Cataclysms," NBER Chapters, in: The Financing of Catastrophe Risk, pages 233-274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hill, Steven C. & Wolfe, Barbara L., 1997. "Testing the HMO competitive strategy: An analysis of its impact on medical care resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 261-286, June.
- David M. Cutler & Sarah Reber, 1996. "Paying for Health Insurance: The Tradeoff between Competition and Adverse Selection," NBER Working Papers 5796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Laurence Baker & Joanne Spetz, 1999. "Managed Care and Medical Technology Growth," NBER Chapters, in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, volume 2, pages 27-52, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A., 2001.
"The market for catastrophe risk: a clinical examination,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 529-571, May.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1999. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 7286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 2001. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 8110, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zabinski, Daniel & Selden, Thomas M. & Moeller, John F. & Banthin, Jessica S., 1999. "Medical savings accounts: microsimulation results from a model with adverse selection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 195-218, April.
- Torben Andersen, 2001. "Managing Economic Exposures of Natural Disasters: Exploring Alternative Financial Risk Management Opportunities and Instruments," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8934, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Glismann, Hans H. & Schrader, Klaus, 2001. "Ein funktionstüchtiges System privater Arbeitslosenversicherung," Kiel Working Papers 1076, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Laurence C. Baker, 2000. "Managed Care and Technology Adoption in Health Care: Evidence from Magnetic Resonance Imaging," NBER Working Papers 8020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stephane Lhuillery, 2016.
"Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(9), pages 1123-1147, September.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stéphane Lhuillery, 2015. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," Working Papers hal-01218064, HAL.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stéphane Lhuillery, 2016. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," Post-Print hal-01512885, HAL.
- Lamiraud, Karine & Lhuillery, Stephane, 2015. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," ESSEC Working Papers WP1518, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Unknown, 1999. "Policy Reform, Market Stability, And Food Security; Proceedings Of A Conference Of The International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium," 1998: Policy Reform, Market Stability, and Food Security Conference, June 1998, Alexandria VA 14538, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Shin‐Yi Chou & Jin‐Tan Liu & James K. Hammitt, 2004. "National Health Insurance and Technology Adoption: Evidence from Taiwan," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 26-38, January.
- H. Brown & José Pagán, 2006. "Managed care and the scale efficiency of US hospitals," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 278-289, December.
- Cheung, Ka Chun & Phillip Yam, Sheung Chi & Yuen, Fei Lung & Zhang, Yiying, 2020. "Concave distortion risk minimizing reinsurance design under adverse selection," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 155-165.
- Frank, Richard G. & Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2000.
"Measuring adverse selection in managed health care,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 829-854, November.
- Richard G. Frank & Jacob Glazer & Thomas G. McGuire, 1998. "Measuring Adverse Selection in Managed Health Care," NBER Working Papers 6825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, . "Financing Rapid Onset Natural Disaster Losses in India : A Risk Management Approach," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 14649, March.
- Laurence C. Baker, 1994. "Does Competition from HMOs Affect Fee-For-Service Physicians?," NBER Working Papers 4920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrington, Scott E. & Niehaus, Greg, 2003. "Capital, corporate income taxes, and catastrophe insurance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 365-389, October.
- Tan, Ken Seng & Wei, Pengyu & Wei, Wei & Zhuang, Sheng Chao, 2020. "Optimal dynamic reinsurance policies under a generalized Denneberg’s absolute deviation principle," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 282(1), pages 345-362.
- Schut, Frederik T. & van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A., 1999. "Towards a reinforced agency role of health insurers in Belgium and the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 47-67, July.
- Scanlon, Dennis P. & Chernew, Michael & McLaughlin, Catherine & Solon, Gary, 2002. "The impact of health plan report cards on managed care enrollment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 19-41, January.
- Meuwissen, Miranda P. M. & Van Asseldonk, Marcel A. P. M. & Huirne, Ruud B. M., 2003. "Alternative risk financing instruments for swine epidemics," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 305-322.
- John Lewis, 2010. "Reinsurers as financial intermediaries in the market for catastrophic risk," DNB Occasional Studies 802, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:fhecpo:v:1:y:1998:n:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.